Page 143 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Trust me, I won't shed a tear over the departure of MacLean!

I find it odd that the Habs haven't played the Sens in a long while! In fact, have we even played outside the preseason?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

No, no regular season games between them yet. It's a weird schedule for sure. I think the Sens have already finished with several teams already.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Rumours here had Paul MacLean being fired if they didn't win one over the weekend, so this may have saved his job.
    Nope. http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/652592

I loathe the man but that is a head scratcher for sure... It's not like the Sens were going nowhere, with plenty of hockey still left to play.

I'm torn about this one. First of all, the guy won the Jack Adams two years ago and now he's crap? I don't think so. I think he was preaching a style of play (puck possession and high pressure) that the players simply weren't capable of playing. While not the slowest team in the league, I don't think they were fast enough or skilled enough to pull it off. A few of the scorers had gone stone cold and that meant losses that could have been wins. OTOH, some of his quotes were beyond stupid - almost as dumb as good old John Paddock. I'll be interested to see if anyone picks him up this year - assuming that a domino effect kicks in (think Todd MacLellan, Dallas Eakins, etc.).

So assistant Dave Cameron takes over but don't be surprised if Luke Richardson (Binghamton Sens) takes over in a couple of years. He's committed to staying until his daughter graduates from college in Northern New York. He's been doing a great job with the kids and management is very high on him.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

It's funny how often the coaches take the fall. Looked to me like they'd lost a lot of close games lately. Personally, I think he's a bit of a dick too but I don't think this was right.

16 losses, 12 by 1 goal.

Speaking from personal experience, you are adored when your team is winning but watch for the knives if they're not.
    Last edited by Birdy; 12-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    It's funny how often the coaches take the fall. Looked to me like they'd lost a lot of close games lately. Personally, I think he's a bit of a dick too but I don't think this was right.

16 losses, 12 by 1 goal.

Speaking from personal experience, you are adored when your team is winning but watch for the knives if they're not.
    Some of those recent one goal losses were blown leads in the third period. The most recent being the game against the Pens when they played well enough to get at least a point, but had a total defensive breakdown with less than 2 minutes left in the third period and lost by a goal. If you saw the highlight, Christian Ehrhoff had enough time to tee it up, check the wind with some blades of grass, take a practice swing and then roof it with a slapper from the dot. Brutal.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,2,390&lang=en

Some of those recent one goal losses were blown leads in the third period. The most recent being the game against the Pens when they played well enough to get at least a point, but had a total defensive breakdown with less than 2 minutes left in the third period and lost by a goal. If you saw the highlight, Christian Ehrhoff had enough time to tee it up, check the wind with some blades of grass, take a practice swing and then roof it with a slapper from the dot. Brutal.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,2,390&lang=en
    And that's the coach's fault of course!
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Hey, believe me Birdy, it ain't easy cheering for this team.

In retrospect, they may have been playing to get the coach fired too. It's been known to happen. The secret code is: "He lost the room."

Such a congenial guy too... go figure...

Hey, believe me Birdy, it ain't easy cheering for this team.

In retrospect, they may have been playing to get the coach fired too. It's been known to happen. The secret code is: "He lost the room."
    Yeah, maybe. Although all those 1 goal games wouldn't indicate that. I don't watch a lot of Ottawa games but I thought their come back from being down 3-0 the other night and winning in O.T. was pretty impressive. And Zabeenajihad was on fire.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Those bugging out eyes drive me crazy. Speaking of which, when are you gonna change that skull picture Yves? Yer givin' me nightmares!!
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

It's a selfie, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It's a selfie, man!
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The eons are closing
    Ouch....that's the Isles I am used to seeing since '94
    Really....blowing another 3 goal lead....

While I acknowledge that the Isles are missing three blueliners, including arguably their 2 best....still, not cool.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Two more points for Toronto last night. Reimer played an incredible game with 41 saves. Only 5 points back from Detroit now. We're creeping our way up...

You're right behind us now... Slow week for the Habs. They either play 6 games in 9 nights, or 2 games in 6 nights. Crazy schedule!

The Leafs are on the Road from Dec. 21 to Jan. 3 to make room at the ACC for the World Juniors. It looks like the Habs have a similar schedule for the same reason. Long road trips can change everything.

Mumps???!!!! Are you effing kidding me?
    http://www.aol.com/article/2014/12/1...6pLid%3D580529
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Sens lost again last night. Maybe it wasn't the coach's fault after all.

They're heeeeere

Capture.jpg

Long live the Note

"YESSONGS" hockey jersey is progressing nicely - it will be based on a Minnesota Wild 3rd jersey, 12" Roger Dean Yes logo as the team logo, and number 73, (as in 1973)

Will post a pic when done with that one, the jersey and patch are in transit

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Another win for the Leafs last night, against the Red Wings no less.

Facing the LA Kings today I was a bit concerned, but then I looked at the standings and LA doesn't appear to be doing very well this season. They're actually 2 points behind the Leafs. What gives? I don't really follow the Western teams that much but I thought LA was one of the top teams.

Kings are playing better from what I've read. They always seem to pour it on in the 2nd half of season. Just like the Rangers The latter of which I'm crossing my fingers for though we've definitely been playing much better lately. Spanked the Canucks last night
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The Canucks have had a really tough time of it lately. They lost to all the Eastern Canadian teams this past week.

Habs were very opportunistic in their 6-2 win over the Kings. That score definitely does not reflect the game. Kings were all over Montreal but Carey Price played his finest game of the season, imo... Never count the Kings out until you've won that 4th playoff game against them.