Page 139 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

How about this...

Instead of showing who everyone hates (I think we all know each other well enough by now to know that) how about picking some players from the teams you hate that you like? Or respect...appreciate...whatever it is for you.

Devils - Jagr, Green
    Isles - Harmonic, Okposo, Boychuk
    Flyers - Simmonds, Voracek
    Habs - Whatever player dives the least I'll maybe appreciate somewhat
    Bruins - Bergeron, McQuaid
    Pens - Sutter
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm curious as to why? I assumed in the womb Leaf fans begin their ultimate hatred for the Habs and vice versa.
    LOL! That was true up until two years ago.

2013 playoffs, round one. Leafs are up by two in game 7 with less than a minute and a half left. This game/series is a wrap. Right? Wrong! Boston scores two goals in just over 30 seconds to tie it up, then scores the OT goal to win it and move on to the next round.

Yeah, it was the Leafs game to lose...but it still stings. So now I just like to see Boston lose.

Klonk,

To follow your lead and citing the teams I noted as hating...

Bruins- Bergeron

Sens- Neil

Two guys I'd take on the Habs any day...

I'm surprised you didn't name Prust from the Habs.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LOL! That was true up until two years ago.

2013 playoffs, round one. Leafs are up by two in game 7 with less than a minute and a half left. This game/series is a wrap. Right? Wrong! Boston scores two goals in just over 30 seconds to tie it up, then scores the OT goal to win it and move on to the next round.

Yeah, it was the Leafs game to lose...but it still stings. So now I just like to see Boston lose.
    Yes, I remember watching that game and was in shock. I can understand, but to me that seems more of a Leaf bed shitting Similar to the Devils giving up 2 last minute goals to Carolina in 2009 Stanley Cup first round. Still makes me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Klonk,

To follow your lead and citing the teams I noted as hating...

Bruins- Bergeron

Sens- Neil

Two guys I'd take on the Habs any day...

I'm surprised you didn't name Prust from the Habs.
    I would have said Prust if he didn't break Stepan's jaw

Bergeron isn't just one of the best at his position, he's also pure class.

Neil is a badass and everyone knows when he's on the ice. Plays a nasty game with the ability to contribute offensively. Good choice.

I happened to be on vacation in Toronto. Got there on the night of Game 7. I was staying at the Strathcona Hotel which is a 5 minute walk from the ACC, so I watched the game with all the Leaf fans outside, on the giant screen. I was getting ready for the biggest party Toronto has seen in years and POOF!

You felt happy inside though didn't ya?

I happened to be on vacation in Toronto. Got there on the night of Game 7. I was staying at the Strathcona Hotel which is a 5 minute walk from the ACC, so I watched the game with all the Leaf fans outside, on the giant screen. I was getting ready for the biggest party Toronto has seen in years and POOF!
    Yup. I know where that hotel is. I used to work next door to it and the bar there was our after work watering hole. I will likely be spending some time in Montreal over the winter and/or early spring training some new sales guys. Is it as hard and as expensive to get tickets to a Habs game as it is a Leafs game?

How about this...

Instead of showing who everyone hates (I think we all know each other well enough by now to know that) how about picking some players from the teams you hate that you like? Or respect...appreciate...whatever it is for you.

Devils - Jagr, Green
    Isles - Harmonic, Okposo, Boychuk
    Flyers - Simmonds, Voracek
    Habs - Whatever player dives the least I'll maybe appreciate somewhat
    Bruins - Bergeron, McQuaid
    Pens - Sutter
    That's a pretty good list, actually.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We get the Bruins tonight. Either you beat them into submission or they will take their revenge out on us!
    You're welcome.

You felt happy inside though didn't ya?
    Actually no... Don't forget that I grew up in Toronto as a Leaf fan in the 70s, my mom is still a die hard fan, and it was against the Bruins!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    You're welcome.
    Boston is in dire straits without Krejci and Chara. Habs overwhelmed them in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

I stated earlier in this thread that the reign of the Bruins in our division was coming to an end. I still see them in the mix but in watching the games in Toronto and Montreal on back-to-back nights, I did not recognize the Stanley Cup winning team of a few years back.

Boston is in dire straits without Krejci and Chara. Habs overwhelmed them in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

I stated earlier in this thread that the reign of the Bruins in our division was coming to an end. I still see them in the mix but in watching the games in Toronto and Montreal on back-to-back nights, I did not recognize the Stanley Cup winning team of a few years back.
    I was only able to watch the third period of Wednesday's Leafs game, and didn't watch last night's Habs game, but the scores really were shocking in both games. It's one thing to lose. It's another to lose two in a row by such a large margin. That's gotta hurt.

Penguins tonight. I'm hoping that Wednesday's big win will give the Leafs some momentum going into tonight's game. We're slowly making our way up the Conference ladder. Slow and steady...

If you get the puck deep behind the Bruins' defense they seem to have a hard time being first to get it and you can set up in their end for some good forechecking. The Leafs did it, and the Habs did the same. The net result: Bruins lose 2 in a row by a combined score of 11-2.

Some sad news from the NHL, Bryan Murray (Ottawa Senators GM) has stage 4 colon cancer. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...032240069.html

A good reminder, my friends, that if you are over 50 please don't ignore routine colonoscopies or prostate tests. I've grown fond of you all and would hate to lose you.

Rangers win in shoot-out!
    )) Goes to bathroom ((
    Rangers lose in shoot-out?
    Whaaaaa???? Hmmm......
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I read about that and watched the video this morning. Pretty wild. https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...034921246.html

Yeah...in a matter of minutes I was high 5'in my friends and then shaking' my head in agony I felt bad for Henrik because how do you possibly get your focus back to make a shootout save after something like that? Guys were in the locker room already with their gear off! Oh well...we got another point.

Everything would have been fine if Sid didn't have that hotline to Uncle Gary in the Pens locker room.

...and the bipolar Habs are hot again.... 6 in a row including back-to-back wins this weekend. Hard to figure this team out. On paper, they should not be as good or as bad as they have looked in games this year. I keep thinking they will level off at some point and the points earned now will be in the bank for late in the season.

I was very impressed with the speed of the Calgary Flames on Saturday. This is one young, fast team. I remember not too many years ago when they needed rocking chairs on the bench, they were so old. Not any longer. Watch out for these guys. They are coming on.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

They handed the Habs one of their 2 embarassing losses this year. A team on the rise for sure...

Yeah, they are looking good. I wonder how Jerome Iginla feels? What the hell happened to Colorado?

^^^Patrick neglected to attack the opposition's coach on opening night. He no longer has the Avs' back.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

his face gets so red so quickly!