Page 136 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 10060

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

And for the first time this season, the phrase "It's a power play goal!" has been uttered by a NY Ranger announcer. And yes, it was in regards to a Ranger power play goal.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    And for the first time this season, the phrase "It's a power play goal!" has been uttered by a NY Ranger announcer. And yes, it was in regards to a Ranger power play goal.
    And another! 3-2 Devils up 1/2 through third. All 5 goals are pp goals
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The Leafs won a game! The parade is back on.

Nice comeback win for the Rangers tonight!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

<Charlie Brown>"I got a rock . . . . . . . ."</Charlie Brown>
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Sigh...

It's going to be a loooong season.

I'm going to have to repeat this on every page, methinks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Habs pull another one out of their asses! The Cardiac Canadiens!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Tonight's Leafs/Senators game in Ottawa has been cancelled (postponed) due to the ongoing situation in Ottawa. The Leafs are currently in the Westin hotel which has been locked down by Ottawa Police.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

You KNOW it's serious when they start cancelling hockey games!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You KNOW it's serious when they start cancelling hockey games!
    More importantly, Lupul is trapped in an Ottawa hotel while I'm stuck here in Toronto!

<throws a bucket of ice water on Esther>

That's crazy news on that shooting. Hope everyone is safe.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm sure those Leaf players are all sorts of busy... uhhh....taping each other's sticks...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Ah shit! Do I have to make another ALS donation now?

Pittsburgh played the Canadian anthem before the game last night, against Philly...so no Canadian team there. I saw the video last night and it was very touching. I love how our two countries support each other. A very classy move on the part of the Penguins organization.

I guess with the quality Canadian players on that team and in management they felt it was the right thing to do...

There was a time here in Montreal that the Canadian anthem got booed, esp if sung in English. There would also be times where the fans would boo the US anthem when we played a US rival like Boston, but the PA announcer would be quick to point out before the song that the anthem represented certain Canadiens players (guys like Gionta at the time)...

I'd do away with anthems before sporting events but I will respect them enough to rise, remove my cap, and remain quiet for the duration of the anthem(s).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Pittsburgh played the Canadian anthem before the game last night, against Philly...so no Canadian team there. I saw the video last night and it was very touching. I love how our two countries support each other. A very classy move on the part of the Penguins organization.
    I hate the Penguins with the intensity of a thousand suns, but I have to admit, that was a very classy move, and I applaud them for it. Their anthem singer is excellent, IMO.

Of course, this is all easier to swallow because the Flyers actually won.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I hate the Penguins with the intensity of a thousand suns, but I have to admit, that was a very classy move, and I applaud them for it. Their anthem singer is excellent, IMO.

Of course, this is all easier to swallow because the Flyers actually won.
    Hey Scott, I posted this on Facebook yesterday to raise the ire of a good friend who is also a Philly fan (he lives in Lebanon, PA), but it's equally appropriate for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Esther's FB page
    So we love the hate the Penguins because of Sidney Crosby, and we love to hate the Flyers, well, because they're the Flyers. But this was a classy move in Pittsburgh tonight. I love how our two countries stand together.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...nada-1.2809639

Battle of the "hope I make it to the AHL" Goliaths tonight in Edmonton. Brian, we're after that #1 pick!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

^^^ I don't know, Buffalo is is on track to win the Connor McDavid prize. Carolina will have to trade Erik Staal for picks and prospects to get to be as bad as the Sabres.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Blues biggest acquisition Stasny to the D/L

Not good news for a team off to a slow start

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Another Leaf loss. I know it's early, but I wonder how many days Randy Carlyle has left?

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    ^^^ I don't know, Buffalo is is on track to win the Connor McDavid prize. Carolina will have to trade Erik Staal for picks and prospects to get to be as bad as the Sabres.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Staal gone within a few weeks. Nor will it surprise me to see Karmanos sell and the team moved.
    I hope not because hockey kicks ass and it's great to have an NHL arena 30 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Another Leaf loss. I know it's early, but I wonder how many days Randy Carlyle has left?
    The rumour I heard is that Mike Babcock will be leaving Detroit after the current season and become the Leafs head coach next season. I think Carlyle will be in place for the entire season this year unless the Leafs go on a major losing streak.

Hard fought win for the Habs last night who proved to be just a little more opportunistic than the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The rumour I heard is that Mike Babcock will be leaving Detroit after the current season and become the Leafs head coach next season. I think Carlyle will be in place for the entire season this year unless the Leafs go on a major losing streak.
    I'm not holding my breath for Babcock either.

Apparently Carlyle made some line changes in practice today. Maybe new lines will create some new synergy. Next game is tomorrow night...we shall see.