Page 134 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hey by the way, you'd be proud to know that John Tavares was a #1 draft pick on one of my Fantasy teams. It was painful and I had to shower twice with gravel, but it had to be done.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Habs steal 2 points in Washington last night! They were outshot 15-2 in the 1st but hung around all game long to pull out a 2-1 SO win!

Schedule makers must have had it in for the team though... Between last Wed and next Mon, they play 4 games in 6 nights, all on the road! 4 out of 4 possible points so far though! We're gunning for you next, Scott!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers stole one too last night thanks to a crazy bounce off of the boards, but it was a fun game. Hank and the D were outstanding. 1st period we dominated offensively, but after that it was mostly Blues with the exception of the Nash line which was awesome. One HUGE minus was 1 game in and we lose Dan Boyle for 6 weeks with a broken hand. Of course I have him in all my Fantasy leagues too
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Just got back from the Isles at Canes. "Red Light Cam" was at his best. The Isles controlled the first two minutes, then the Canes played well for about ten, then the Isles dominated until about the last ten minutes, by which time they were up 5-1.

The Canes . . . . . . . well they have a long way to go. They were pretty much outfought and outskated in every way. It said volumes that the loudest cheering from the Canes fans came when assistant coach Brind 'Amour was introduced before the game. It also said a lot that the upper deck was much closer to capacity than the lower levels.

Dunno if the Canes will be in Raleigh the next time they have a good squad, or Vegas or Seattle or Quebec City. I just know they weren't ready to play tonight.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Okay my fellow Hockey Geeks, here's a set of drinking game rules, care of Puck Daddy, to enhance your hockey watching enjoyment.

Please drink responsibly and don't drink and drive.

Well, how about that? Four days into the NHL season we have our first Super Saturday with all 30 teams in actions. It is funny, considering there was only one game on Friday night, but why complain about that when we can focus on what’s going to be a crazy busy night ahead of us?

As is tradition, since our Saturday night will be jam-packed with hockey, why not make it even better with a Puck Daddy Drinking Game? If you’re going to be sitting on your couch watching six or seven hours of hockey, let’s give you even more reasons to enjoy yourself.

Coming up, what you should look for today to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.

Take One Drink If ...

• A player scores his first NHL goal

• Mike Babcock’s contract situation is brought up.

• Any goalie gets pulled.

• Ron MacLean makes a pun.

• Ed Olcyzk says, "And for all the young hockey players..." (via @skcih_ffej)

• Someone mentions the new placement of hashtags or trapezoid lines. (via @AdsPrincess08)

• An diving/embellishment penalty is called.

• Darryl Sutter makes an odd face behind the Kings’ bench.

• Matt Cooke takes a penalty. (BONUS DRINK: If it’s from a suspendable hit.)

• Any time someone on Sportsnet uses the term "Our" game. (via @LeaflvrCC)

• Luke Schenn is on the ice for an even strength goal. (via @ThanksIWorkout)

Take Two Drinks If ...

• Daryl Reaugh calls anything "six shades of sexy".

• A potentially suspendable offense occurs. (BONUS DRINK: If it's Matt Cooke.)

• Rick Nash gets booed every time he touches the puck in Columbus.

• Any player tallies a hat trick.

• Any player records a Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

• Colorado gets outshot by more than 15.

• Someone references "West Side Story" during Sharks/Jets. (via @Team_CVD)

• Patrick Roy challenges Mike Yeo to a fight.

• Someone at your party asks "Who the hell is George Stromboloupolous?" (BONUS DRINK: If they get his name right. via @PTIQI)

• Krys Barch continues to lament the end of the enforcer on Twitter.

Take Three Drinks If ...

• Sportsnet breaks out the “Grit Chart.”

• The New Jersey Devils lose in the shootout.

• Someone calls the Arizona Coyotes the Phoenix Coyotes or they mispronounce Gila River Arena. (via @22abomb22)

• Don Cherry's suit would look better with 3D glasses.

• The Arizona Coyotes get sold again before puck drops against LA.

• Any network shows the video of Chris Pronger’s skate stomp on Ryan Kesler, given the recent news.

CHUG IF ...

• Joe Thornton finally scores four goals, if only to distract you from what he promised to do.

• Another Oilers fan throw their jersey on the ice after a loss.

• Jack Edwards performs an end-of-game speech that references any American war pre-1900.

*(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...151638655.html

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Okay my fellow Hockey Geeks, here's a set of drinking game rules, care of Puck Daddy, to enhance your hockey watching enjoyment.

Please drink responsibly and don't drink and drive.

Well, how about that? Four days into the NHL season we have our first Super Saturday with all 30 teams in actions. It is funny, considering there was only one game on Friday night, but why complain about that when we can focus on what’s going to be a crazy busy night ahead of us?

As is tradition, since our Saturday night will be jam-packed with hockey, why not make it even better with a Puck Daddy Drinking Game? If you’re going to be sitting on your couch watching six or seven hours of hockey, let’s give you even more reasons to enjoy yourself.

Coming up, what you should look for today to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.

Take One Drink If ...

• A player scores his first NHL goal

• Mike Babcock’s contract situation is brought up.

• Any goalie gets pulled.

• Ron MacLean makes a pun.

• Ed Olcyzk says, "And for all the young hockey players..." (via @skcih_ffej)

• Someone mentions the new placement of hashtags or trapezoid lines. (via @AdsPrincess08)

• An diving/embellishment penalty is called.

• Darryl Sutter makes an odd face behind the Kings’ bench.

• Matt Cooke takes a penalty. (BONUS DRINK: If it’s from a suspendable hit.)

• Any time someone on Sportsnet uses the term "Our" game. (via @LeaflvrCC)

• Luke Schenn is on the ice for an even strength goal. (via @ThanksIWorkout)

Take Two Drinks If ...

• Daryl Reaugh calls anything "six shades of sexy".

• A potentially suspendable offense occurs. (BONUS DRINK: If it's Matt Cooke.)

• Rick Nash gets booed every time he touches the puck in Columbus.

• Any player tallies a hat trick.

• Any player records a Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

• Colorado gets outshot by more than 15.

• Someone references "West Side Story" during Sharks/Jets. (via @Team_CVD)

• Patrick Roy challenges Mike Yeo to a fight.

• Someone at your party asks "Who the hell is George Stromboloupolous?" (BONUS DRINK: If they get his name right. via @PTIQI)

• Krys Barch continues to lament the end of the enforcer on Twitter.

Take Three Drinks If ...

• Sportsnet breaks out the “Grit Chart.”

• The New Jersey Devils lose in the shootout.

• Someone calls the Arizona Coyotes the Phoenix Coyotes or they mispronounce Gila River Arena. (via @22abomb22)

• Don Cherry's suit would look better with 3D glasses.

• The Arizona Coyotes get sold again before puck drops against LA.

• Any network shows the video of Chris Pronger’s skate stomp on Ryan Kesler, given the recent news.

CHUG IF ...

• Joe Thornton finally scores four goals, if only to distract you from what he promised to do.

• Another Oilers fan throw their jersey on the ice after a loss.

• Jack Edwards performs an end-of-game speech that references any American war pre-1900.

*(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...151638655.html
    Hilarious.I'll try this game.

I believe these NHL folks need to give some respect.

Last edited by Modry Effekt; 10-11-2014 at 04:24 PM.

I mean have you ever heard about KHL.
    You are so fuckin special.

I truly hate this.European players have always been more skillfully.

Everyone involved on this thread has mark on ass.

Yeah.It's same distance between.Only one don't have any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    I don't, but I once dated a girl who had a tattoo on her ass

It was a duck, and I didn't like it!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post

BG
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post

BG
    Don't worry.You have good mark on your ass.

Yes, I've heard of the KHL, and here's what Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne advised anyone playing in that league when I met him a few years back: Take. The. Bus.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Those were the speakers that Henry Kloss made for dyslexics.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I really have to start pulling the blinds in the bathroom.

Mark on Ass is my Indian name.

No comments on Chris Pronger joining the Dept. of Player Safety?

Seems rather ironic, no?

I just don't get how it's not a conflict of interest.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Mark on Ass is my Indian name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I really have to start pulling the blinds in the bathroom.

I thought this was a very cool perspective of this nice goal last night from the ref's helmet cam. About the only nice thing from the game for me lol

Nice goal. Too bad he couldn't get three or four more.

We had family over for Thanksgiving so we weren't able to watch the game. I just watched the video of Reimer's clip to the head by Moore. Sorry to see that happen, I think that Reimer is a good goalie and I'd like to see him get more ice time, but that boy's gotta learn to keep his noggin out of other people's way. I've never known a goalie to get so many head injuries. I hope he's okay and back on the ice for the next game. Reims has the only only win so far this year. This is his chance to win the fight for starting goalie. I'm not sure this back and forth between Reimer and Bernier is helping the team.

Habs ran into a buzzsaw last night!

They were playing their 4th road game in 6 nights. They had no legs left and the Lightning probably had this game circled on their schedule due to last year's hasty playoff retreat. Habs never got the number of the bus that hit 'em!

Still... 3 wins in 5 days, on the rood, is better than I expected. Saturday's game in Philly was retarded!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Saturday's game in Philly was retarded!
    I completely agree - for different reasons, no doubt.

LOL! I thought of you during that Philly meltdown! What a stunner!

The Habs emptied their collective tank to pull that one out. Nothing left for TB.