Page 131 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Being a lifelong Kings fan I suppose I am on the other end of the spectrum from a lot of you. I am still on the high from the Stanley Cup win!

What a magical last three seasons it has been for the once lowly Kings. The dates of June 11, 2012 and June 13 2014 will always be special. While the 2012 run was very, very unexpected and unbelievable, last year was just as good, if not totally different. In 2012 they were up 3-0 in every series, last year they won three game 7's all on the road! Again still riding the high!

Can't see the Kings dropping off much this year. The resigning of Gaborik was huge and they did not lose much from last year. Barring any injuries, they should have another deep playoff run.

I know a lot of you who read and post to this thread are on the east coast and east coast fans, I wish your teams the best.

Still have to think that the cup winner will come from the west again this year, or maybe they'll just beat the crap out of each other so much that the east can take advantage.

Drop the puck! GO KINGS GO!!!
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

I'm expecting that the Canes will compete for the #1 draft pick.
    And since Karmanos is shopping the franchise around, I'm also thinking that some other city will host the ex-Whalers in the future.

The good news is that the expectations are so low, even a bubbling-under-mediocre season will seem to be a triumph, and of course tickets will be easy to come by so I might see more games in person this season than ever before.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I feel pretty good about the Rangers this year. I like the mix of youth and veterans. Boyle will help on the PP. Losing Stepan will hurt for a few weeks, but the kids that will be filling in are pretty solid. Nash is looking lean and mean in camp. Hopefully he's past the KO's from last year and will be a force. Hopefully. All this and of course there's Hank. I'm optimistic!

I agree with Dave though. The West is filled with powerhouses and will be tough to beat.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Losing Stepan will hurt
    The Canadiens say he's faking...

I have this nagging suspicion that the Habs will have a sub-par season. Last year was great but I'm not sure that it will be the same chemistry this year with Jorges and Gionta gone. On the upside, guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher have huge potential but Pacioretty, Desharnais and a few others could tank just as easily as go forward. Time will tell about Subban. I just hope his head fits through the dressing room door!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The Oilers will be better this year and of that I'm pretty convinced. The key is whether or not they're going to be good enough to compete for a playoff spot against what are pretty clearly some superior teams in their division. My guess is a better finish than last year but still outside of the playoffs.

The eons are closing
    The Isles will start slow; prompting Garth to sell Tavares and Okposo plus a #1 pick for the future draft rights to Paulina Gretzky's lovechild and every expiring contract on the Coyotoes.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Oh how I miss your Islander optimism, Mud!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The Isles will start slow; prompting Garth to sell Tavares and Okposo plus a #1 pick for the future draft rights to Paulina Gretzky's lovechild and every expiring contract on the Coyotoes.
    LOL!

Slightly off-topic, but you can wow your friends with your Tavares family trivia knowledge... John Tavares' uncle, also named John Tavares, is entering his 24th year in the National Lacrosse League at age 46. And at 46 he doesn't sit back and relax, he's still one of the best players in the game.

The eons are closing
    I actually do think Isles have a shot at playoffs, but it must be the weed talking.

I'm far from being a soccer fan but I thought some of these were pretty cool...

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...seys&id=463579

No surprise the Flyers still stuck in the 70's by dressing The Hound from Game of Thrones...

Sigh....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I have this nagging suspicion that the Habs will have a sub-par season. Last year was great but I'm not sure that it will be the same chemistry this year with Jorges and Gionta gone. On the upside, guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher have huge potential but Pacioretty, Desharnais and a few others could tank just as easily as go forward. Time will tell about Subban. I just hope his head fits through the dressing room door!
    I respectfully disagree. Gionta and Jorges were both starting to show their age. The Habs have got a lot of young talent coming up the ranks. I think Price will keep them in games and the Habs will eke out a lot of 3-2 victories, just like in the pre-season so far. We're a team on the rise, not on the decline!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

This should be fun!

photo3.jpg

No surprise the Flyers still stuck in the 70's by dressing The Hound from Game of Thrones...

Playing for the Flyers...So easy a caveman can do it.

As a fellow Habs fan I agree with you.... they still don't have the size to go the distance, and they need more defensive strength on the blue line. Price needs to stay consistent as well.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the East is for the Bruins to lose.

The Bruins are over the hill. They won that one Cup a few years back but I don't see them repeating. They've got some serious cap issues and they're a notoriously cheap organization. Have some faith fellow Hab fans! Last year's playoff run was an invaluable maturing experience for this young team. They've got size in their younger players. I'm thinking Tinordi gets a spot of defense this year. The guy's like 6'6" !

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    As a fellow Habs fan I agree with you.... they still don't have the size to go the distance, and they need more defensive strength on the blue line. Price needs to stay consistent as well.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the East is for the Bruins to lose.
    Actually, my gut tells me Tampa this year.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The Bruins are over the hill. They won that one Cup a few years back but I don't see them repeating. They've got some serious cap issues and they're a notoriously cheap organization. Have some faith fellow Hab fans! Last year's playoff run was an invaluable maturing experience for this young team. They've got size in their younger players. I'm thinking Tinordi gets a spot of defense this year. The guy's like 6'6" !
    Agree about the Bruins but as much as I love the Habs, something just doesn't feel the same.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Actually, my gut tells me Tampa this year.
    Absolutely. Tampa should be right up there. I still think Boston has it and will be the beast of the East.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Absolutely. Tampa should be right up there. I still think Boston has it and will be the beast of the East.

Enough of this east coast bias

What are some opinions on the west?

Chicago and LA again in the conf. finals or can St Louis, Anahiem or San Jose breakthrough?

And how long is it going to take to get used to calling them the Arizona Coyotes?
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

I think we all can admit the West is the best. One team you didn't mention was Colorado. Definite dark horse for me. But yeah, your Kings, Blues, Ducks, Blackhawks and Sharks are powerhouses. They all have a shot. I like the Blues chances.

My dark horse in the East is the Blue Jackets. This is a good team and if they take care of the Ryan Johanson thing, will be in the mix.

I honestly don't watch many West Coast games due to the time differences. I know they're almost all powerhouses but I don't really see them on any consistent basis until the playoffs...which are only 7 months away!

Seven more sleeps until the season starts!