Page 129 of 402 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The Leafs were captainless after Sundin left, for the 2009 and 2010 seasons, until they gave the job to Phaneuf. PHANEUF! Oy vey.

How many pages do you think we can go before the thread explodes?

Are you optimistic with Shanahan now behind the wheel, Esther?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I am. He's been around the block a few times and he knows the game. I think that the players and coaching staff will respect him. If nothing else, I think it shows that Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) is committed to change...finally. The Leafs have been run by the Old Boys Club for too long.

I'm also really curious to see the effect that Kyle Dubas may have on the team. He's young (28) and a statistics guy (makes me think of the movie Moneyball). I think that fresh, young, blood and some new philosophies are long overdue. I don't expect to see major changes overnight, but I think/hope that they've gone as low as they're going to go and we're in for some better seasons over the next few years.

Time will tell...

Plus, I'm a Leafs fan. I have to be optimistic, by definition...optimism is all we have.

Plus, I'm a Leafs fan. I have to be optimistic, by definition...optimism is all we have.
    As a Raiders fan, I am understanding this more and more clearly with every passing season.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    He's young (28) and a statistics guy (makes me think of the movie Moneyball). I think that fresh, young, blood and some new philosophies are long overdue. I don't expect to see major changes overnight, but I think/hope that they've gone as low as they're going to go and we're in for some better seasons over the next few years.
    I'm jealous.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    As a Raiders fan, I am understanding this more and more clearly with every passing season.
    As a feller Raidys fan, after the first two outings . . . . . . . I'd say that thus far the only thing we have to be optimistic about is the perfect season.

Up next, a visit to Foxboro. How d'y'think that's gonna turn out?
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    As a feller Raidys fan, after the first two outings . . . . . . . I'd say that thus far the only thing we have to be optimistic about is the perfect season.

Up next, a visit to Foxboro. How d'y'think that's gonna turn out?
    Raiders fan here too and I don't think another trip back east is going to go well. I just hope they show better than the Bucs did last night.

But, being a Kings fan it has been a pretty good year. Looking forward to another banner being raised October 4th against the Sharks!

BTW, isn't it kind of a slap in the face by the NHL to the Sharks franchise to make them open the season at LA and have to watch them raise a banner?
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

We'll save the Raider talk for the NFL thread...but I think Mr Allen does not last the season and Mr Mackenzie does not last through the next off-season...

Back to hockey talk.... I can't believe just how short the off-season is. It seems the Habs were shaking hands with the Rangers a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden they're playing the Bruins in their fist pre-season game in a couple of days!

Scored tix for opening night at the PNC . . . . . . . . . Canes vs. Isles. Can't wait!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Nice! Kick their ass!

Rangers preseason opener against NJ Monday night. I can't wait to start watching hockey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I can't wait to start watching hockey again.
    Couldn't agree more! Got my NHL Center Ice package ready and waiting...GO KINGS GO!

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    GO KINGS GO!

Sorry Scott, the west is still the best.

From "Fanboys" 2009.

can't argue with that! Or can I???

Drop the puck!

Hey peeps....there's a team in our Fantasy Keeper League that is available to inherit. Good players on it and very simple. A lot of fun if you're a big hockey fan. We need one more team or it won't work. Cmon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hey peeps....there's a team in our Fantasy Keeper League that is available to inherit. Good players on it and very simple. A lot of fun if you're a big hockey fan. We need one more team or it won't work. Cmon!!
    Scott, I'd be willing to give it a go. If you'll let a Kings fan in!

From "Fanboys" 2009.

I think/hope that they've gone as low as they're going to go
    Agreed.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...rding-to-espn/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Given the criteria they used, I totally agree. The Leafs suck in all those categories.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    Scott, I'd be willing to give it a go. If you'll let a Kings fan in!
    Awesome! Brian (oilersfan) will hook you up. That is...assuming nobody has taken over the team yet.

Sent you a PM Dave...

While I order NFL Sunday Ticket + Red Zone I have never felt the need to order Center Ice. I live in the "Land Of Hockey" and get so many games through regular satellite feed (including EVERY Habs game) that I get all the hockey I need. I can't even watch that much hockey...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    While I order NFL Sunday Ticket + Red Zone I have never felt the need to order Center Ice. I live in the "Land Of Hockey" and get so many games through regular satellite feed (including EVERY Habs game) that I get all the hockey I need. I can't even watch that much hockey...
    And I live in the so called "State of Hockey", Minnesota. But beyond Wild games and whatever is on NBCSN there is not a lot on.

Center Ice is way cheaper than Sunday Ticket and it lets me watch every Kings game, if I can stay awake that is.

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Hey Scott (Bails)! I just bought my boss's tickets for the Leafs vs. the Phlyers on February 26th.

Hey Scott (Bails)! I just bought my boss's tickets for the Leafs vs. the Phlyers on February 26th.
    Excellent! Are they good seats?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Excellent! Are they good seats?
    Nope. I can't afford good seats for the Leafs.

They are decent and acceptable seats.