Page 122 of 402 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Rest assured... I'll archive it! LOL!

My brother lives out in Grand Valley ON and he's a lifelong Leaf fan. He echoed your sentiments. I think across Canada people have been hoping the Habs do well since they were the only Canadian city represented in this year's playoffs, and they're still hanging around. In fact, I saw on the news this morning that at the home of Rene Bourque's p[arents, Swift Current AB or some small town, people left hats on their lawn because of their son's hat trick on Tuesday!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    You know, I have to say that I very reluctantly jumped onto the Habs bandwagon. It was a painful process. But somewhere along the way I found myself actually respecting the team and the players. They have played their hearts out and done much better than I expected. I certainly hope that their run is not over tonight. But if it is, they should skate off the ice standing tall and proud. They've played some very good hockey and won some very difficult games. Even when Price fell and everyone thought they were done for, they proved that they are stronger than any one player.

I'll be cheering for a Habs win tonight...and I'll mean it!

(And if anyone brings up this post next season, I'll claim that my computer was hacked!)

Same can be said for the Rangers
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    For sure! Most of us were expecting Boston- Pittsburgh in the conference finals and yet neither team made it. This is why I referred to a potential changing of the guard in our respective divisions; though we'll have to prove if we're going to be perennial contenders or just one-year wonders.

For sure. Chicago just needs to take care of those those pesky Kings so we can have an Original Six final.

It's interesting to note that of the four teams left, all except NY finished third in their divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    For sure! Most of us were expecting Boston- Pittsburgh in the conference finals and yet neither team made it. This is why I referred to a potential changing of the guard in our respective divisions; though we'll have to prove if we're going to be perennial contenders or just one-year wonders.
    Yet another reason why the NHL is so much better than the NBA. I only know what I know about the NBA from reading newspaper and Internet headlines, and I could have predicted the final four teams this year, and can tell you that the Heat will play the Spurs in the Finals.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yet another reason why the NHL is so much better than the NBA. I only know what I know about the NBA from reading newspaper and Internet headlines, and I could have predicted the final four teams this year, and can tell you that the Heat will play the Spurs in the Finals.
    Since 1980, 19 different MLB teams have won the world series, 17 NFL teams have won the super bowl, 16 NHL teams have hoisted the cup, and only 9 teams have won the NBA championship. Two of those (Philadelphia in '83 and Dallas in '11) have only one, plus the Rockets two titles while Jordan was playing minor league baseball, leaving Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs, and Heat. 34 years, six teams. And this trend is guaranteed if as expected it winds up Spurs and Heat in the finals.

I do root for my Trailblazers (painful) but that aside I hate the NBA.
    It's a spoonerism

Since 1980, 19 different MLB teams have won the world series
    And I'm hoping that number doesn't change this year. Go Blue Jays!!!

Congrats Rangers!
    It's a spoonerism

C'est dommage. It was a good run.

Now, GO HAWKS GO! (at least for tomorrow)

So proud.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Goin' to the Cup finals baby!!!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Congrats Scott and all Ranger fans. You guys played a great game! Good luck in the final.

Congrats to the Rangers and all their fans. I've enjoyed watching your series.

The first word that comes to mind after watching the Rangers win last night?

"smother"

The Habs were suffocated by the Rangers. Vancouver ownership and fans must be sick watching AV succeed in NY.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Congrats to both teams, if you ask me. I expected Montreal to fold when Price went out and expected nothing from Tokarski. Kid showed he's got it and can play at this level as it's nowhere near his fault they lost the series.

Question:They say in the NFL if you have two quarterbacks, then you have none. Can the same be said about goalies? Seems it could get mighty interesting when Price shows he's mortal and has a bad stretch. Will Habs fans clamor for Tokarski and if they put him in will it piss off Price or mess with his confidence like they always claim? Will he demand to be traded like Roy?

Yeah that was pretty good for a non-seven game series. I didn't think either of those teams would be there. It was good that the Habs gave the home fans one to remember in game 5.

In the end, congrats to the Rangers and their faithful. Must be nice to have your team standing at this time of year!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Congrats to both teams, if you ask me. I expected Montreal to fold when Price went out and expected nothing from Tokarski. Kid showed he's got it and can play at this level as it's nowhere near his fault they lost the series.

Question:They say in the NFL if you have two quarterbacks, then you have none. Can the same be said about goalies? Seems it could get mighty interesting when Price shows he's mortal and has a bad stretch. Will Habs fans clamor for Tokarski and if they put him in will it piss off Price or mess with his confidence like they always claim? Will he demand to be traded like Roy?

Habs were gritty right to the end but were clearly gassed yesterday. Rangers were first to the puck almost all night. Tokarski kept them in it, but it just wasn't there...

Not sure what the Habs will do about Tokarski. Will they make him their 'official' number 2 or will they trade him away because he might be a distraction to Price, as you mention. He might fetch a decent player in return...

Congrats to the Rangers! Best rest up because that next round is gonna be a doozy! I'm thinking LA ends it tonight.

I was at the game last night at MSG and I have to say it was unquestionably the best live hockey game experience I've ever had. The crowd was loud, to be sure, but there was plenty of nervousness and anxienty in every Rangers fan who has been through it all with this team. Sure, there was a confidence when we took the lead and dominated play in the third period (probably the best period of play I've ever seen the Rangers play, and I've been a fan since the days of Brad Park and Eddie Giacomin), but it still was a one-goal game that could be tied at any time. It wasn't until the final seconds ticked off that I could truly exhale and get my heart rate back to normal.

I'm proud of this team -- probably prouder than I have ever been. I could say that it doesn't matter if they win the Cup, that they exceeded expectation 100-fold, but I still want to attend the parade down the Canyon of Heroes again! WE WANT THE CUP! LGR!

20140529_224842.jpg
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I think it's funny that teams won't touch the cup after winning the conference championship because they think it's bad luck. Approximately 50% of the teams who don't touch the conference cup lose the Stanley Cup.

^ totally true, but the whole superstition stems from the understanding that the conference title is nothing if you lose in the finals. Of the four major team sports leagues, only MLB teams make a big whoop-dee-doo out of the league pennants.
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ...And then there were 7. Great game.
    Hmmm....thought tonight was g7; oh, well, my thoughts carry over. Hope they go 4ot's and kick the crap out of each other on Sunday!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

What a great game last night. Kane is playing in 7th gear at the right time. Pressure is all on LA now. Has there ever been a team to win the Cup that had to win each series in 7 games? This really is the hardest earned trophy in all of sports.

Keep beating the snot out of each other!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

the Stanley Cup Finals will be played in the number 1 market and either the number 2 or 3 market, and that's very good for the league
    It's a spoonerism

Pick your poison Ranger fans! Chicago or Los Angeles? Which team did you fare better against in the regular season?