Page 121 of 403 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Boy...that game got silly quickly.

Huge mistake not putting King back in goal.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Hmmmm....very interesting turn of events. Stepan, broken jaw and all scores twice. On his way to becoming Ranger folklore. See ya Thursday folks.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

To paraphrase a pair of Czechoslovakian brothers, it was a wild and crazy game! I thought the Habs were gonna run 'em out of town but those tenacious Rangers came charging right back! The Habs need the same effort in NYC tomorrow!!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

At least they threw hats this time!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

LOL! I thought of you when they did and laughed my ass off! This morning, the local sports announcer was saying that if the fans could afford a 400.00 ticket, what's a 40.00 hat?!

I think a rivalry is being born here. I used to see the Rangers on our schedule and it was just another conference game. Starting next year, these games will have a special flavour to them. I also think we might be seeing two of the rising teams in the East, who may lock horns in the playoffs again as early as next year.

I also think John Moore will surely be suspended for his late hit on Weiss. I know they had a personal rivalry going on last night, but this was out of character for him. Looks like you'll probably see your old pal Raphael Diaz.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Any thoughts on tonight's Blackhawks/Kings game 5? Seems like all the discussion here is Habs/Rangers...

Anyway I have a hard time picking against the Kings the way they're playing right now, but against my own better judgement I'm taking Chicago to force a game 6 like the Habs did last night. I'm also thoroughly expecting to be wrong. How's THAT for hedging your bet?
    It's a spoonerism

I don't think Chicago will be eliminated at home either...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I also think John Moore will surely be suspended for his late hit on Weiss. I know they had a personal rivalry going on last night, but this was out of character for him. Looks like you'll probably see your old pal Raphael Diaz.
    He definitely should be suspended for that boneheaded play. On SiriusXM NHL Network radio station today, the host made me laugh when he said that Moore should be suspended for five games for being a dumbass.

Still, I expect two games, just like Prust. Any more (no pun intended) than that, and Quintal will have some explaining to do. And if there isn't a suspension, he'll become Public Enemy No. 2 in the country of Canada.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

What a stinker turned in by the boys in blue last night. More undisiplined penalties, Hank not looking like Hank, countless shot opportunities passed up for the extra pass. I'm sure Moore will miss at least Thursday's game, but I'll tell you who oughta be suspended is Rene Bourque for saying that Lundqvist hasn't played any better than Tokarski in the series. Can they suspend you for being a dumbass?

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Can they suspend you for being a dumbass?
    Sure they can. Just ask Sean Avery.

That's just Bourque's way of building his guy up and taking a back-handed swipe at his opponent... If only games were played on the podium....

John Moore gets two games. One for the hit, one for being a dumbass.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

OK Seriously WTF

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ago-blackhawks

Idiot alert...(and I don't mean Crawford)
    Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 05-28-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    OK Seriously WTF

Idiot alert...(and I don't mean Crawford}
    So THAT'S where Sidney Crosby was Monday night!

2014 STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE

Game 1 Wednesday, June 4
    Game 2 Saturday, June 7
    Game 3 Monday, June 9
    Game 4 Wednesday, June 11
    *Game 5 Friday, June 13
    *Game 6 Monday, June 16
    *Game 7 Wednesday, June 18
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I don't think Chicago will be eliminated at home either...
    2-0 BH's early.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    This year especially that is more a curse than a boon.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

B-Hawks up 3-2 at the 1st intermission
    It's a spoonerism

3-3. Wild, wild west.

edit- throw another wild up there. 4-4
    Last edited by Obscured; 05-28-2014 at 10:07 PM.

4-4 heading to OT
    It's a spoonerism

...And then there were 7. Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    OK Seriously WTF

Idiot alert...(and I don't mean Crawford)
    So squirting water in someone's face is now considered battery?! Walmart better get those squirt guns off their shelves NOW!!

TONIGHT: If it ends tonight I gotta say that I'm proud of the Habs. They gave us a great run this year. They're young and they'll be back!

If it doesn't end tonight then I have to question the Rangers ability to take game 7 back in Montreal...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    TONIGHT: If it ends tonight I gotta say that I'm proud of the Habs. They gave us a great run this year. They're young and they'll be back!
    You know, I have to say that I very reluctantly jumped onto the Habs bandwagon. It was a painful process. But somewhere along the way I found myself actually respecting the team and the players. They have played their hearts out and done much better than I expected. I certainly hope that their run is not over tonight. But if it is, they should skate off the ice standing tall and proud. They've played some very good hockey and won some very difficult games. Even when Price fell and everyone thought they were done for, they proved that they are stronger than any one player.

I'll be cheering for a Habs win tonight...and I'll mean it!

(And if anyone brings up this post next season, I'll claim that my computer was hacked!)