Page 119 of 402 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Good to see the Habs have so much depth between the pipes... Maybe his play will get into the Rangers head a little.

In other news... once a Ranger fan favorite, Brendan Prust has become Public Enemy No. 1! I think the league will be looking into that hit and it will cost him a few $$$. It was a blatant interference and looked like a blow to the head. In Prust's defense though, once Stepan saw there would be no call, he gained his strength back in a hurry! I was reminded of a WWE wrestler or a FIFA soccer player!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In other news... once a Ranger fan favorite, Brendan Prust has become Public Enemy No. 1! I think the league will be looking into that hit and it will cost him a few $$$. It was a blatant interference and looked like a blow to the head. In Prust's defense though, once Stepan saw there would be no call, he gained his strength back in a hurry! I was reminded of a WWE wrestler or a FIFA soccer player!
    The fact that Stepan turned out to be OK should not matter in the NHL's decision on the hit. A dirty hit is a dirty hit, regardless if it results in the victim being stretchered out or if he springs back up like Hulk Hogan. Prust should be fined and suspended. It was as dirty as other hits that received suspensions early in the playoffs. But I think he'll just get away with a fine because it is so deep in the playoffs.

That said, last night was everything I was worried about -- 1) the opposing goalie standing on his head, like Henrik did in Game 2. Tokarski's saves on St. Louis alone were amazing and really kept his team in a game that they were pretty much dominated in, and 2) going into overtime, where anything can happen (like a soccer-like goal that ends up winning the game).

I can't fault the Rangers. I think they were the better team in the game. They didn't play a bad game, just didn't get the breaks and ran into a hot goalie.

Game 4 will be pivotal.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Yes, Yves, much like Emelin after Pouliot hit him from behind the game before I don't think Prust will be suspended because there was no injury (ill never understand that ) but it was a cheap shot no doubt. Definitely should have been at least 2 minutes. Refereeing was atrocious last night. Especially frustrating loss because of how good the Rangers played. Oh well...on to game 4!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I know for a fact that the league will review the Prust hit. Stéphane Quintal is now the head of the disciplinary committee. He was at the game yesterday. Benoit Brunet is a former teammate of his on the Habs, and now a colour man for the French hockey broadcasts. He encountered Stéphane yesterday and was told the league would look into it. If it was a blow to head I'm sure he will be disciplined according to the severity and his prior convictions. If it's just a dirty interference check that wasn't called he might get away with a slap on the wrists.

Yesterday's game was a mirror of game 2. The visiting team was opportunistic though terribly outshot and their goalie stood on his head and stole the game. Imagine...next year we will have Price as our #1 and Tokarski as our #2 !

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Especially frustrating loss because of how good the Rangers played. Oh well...on to game 4!
    As seen, sometimes lucky is better than good! Those last 3 goals were wacky, especially the game-winner. Off his face and in.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Looks like we missed a hell of an interesting 1st period last night! We got home just as the 2nd was starting.

10 games, now that's more like it. This goonery garbage has to stop some time. Seriously, who the hell is going to miss that twat? And the non-call on Prust is one of the worst I have ever seen. It would be a total embarassment if he isn't suspended big time, regardless of whether Stepan was hurt, or not.

Great series, otherwise. The Habs aren't dead yet!

neil

I have a hard time believing that Prust will suit up for another game in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    regardless of whether Stepan was hurt, or not.
    Broken jaw.
    http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/60...3#.U4AiO2dOWM9
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Losing Stepan hurts bad even though he's had a really bad playoffs. The guy is our #1 C! Hard to replace. I'll assume D Moore gets moved up and Boyle takes 4th line C with the addition of JT Miller. Losing Carcillo, while I think he's been an excellent addition in his time here, won't be missed. On the Montreal side, they lose an excellent PKer and 4th line mucker. I guess that plug, Ryan White, will take his place?

Was very frustrating to lose that last game with how dominant we were. Similar to the game before wearing Montreals shoes. Though in that game Rangers owned 3rd period. I like the way we've played for the most part and hope it continues!

A bit OT, but if anyone is interested in checking out a Lacrosse game on TV the first game of the Champions Cup series (the NLL equivalent of the Stanley Cup) is being aired on TSN2 in Canada and ESPN3 in the US tonight at 9:00ET. It's a two game series. Game one is tonight in Calgary, Alberta and game two is next Saturday in Rochester, NY.

It'll give you something to do between periods tonight.

2 games....bah. Better keep my mouth shut, though. Maybe the NHL will find a way to fine me for speaking out against the league disciplinary board, lol.

neil

Edit: Just read the link to the Prust suspension. This sort of thing boggles my mind. Quote: "Habs forward David Desharnais called it a clean hit."

Not a GnR fan, but I gotta admit, having Slash do the anthem is pretty cool . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Toews 2 - Kings 1. End of 1. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Toews 2 - Kings 1. End of 1. Good stuff.
    Ah.... you wrote too soon, my friend.

Who are these LA Kings that supposedly cannot score ? Jeff Carter and his two rookie forwards #70 and #73 are outskating, outhustling, and above all outscoring the Blackhawks line of Handzus Kane and Sharpe. Man I am impressed ! If the Blackhawks cannot contain that line, the only way the Blackhawks win is if goalie Crawford plays lights out, and he hasn't come close to that in the last two losses.

I think Martin St-Louis just sealed our fate. The Rangers still have to win that 4th game but I don't see the Habs taking 3 in a row in this series. I think they hang on tomorrow and go down in Game 6. At least the managed to make a series of it. After that UGLY first game, the subsequent games have been fairly hotly contested.

The Habs have nothing to be ashamed of. They have played very well in the playoffs and Tokarski has been excellent from what I've seen. If you think about how they played last year vs this year, it's a huge step forward and that's what it's all about
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    The Habs have nothing to be ashamed of.
    Well...other than the fact that they are seriously giving Pittsburgh and the Crosby's a run for their money in the whining and embellishing department...I'd agree.

I'd say it's not over yet. Just ask the Pittsburgh Penguins about 3-1 leads. It could happen to the Rangers, although they do seem to be the better team, at this point.

neil