Page 118 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Habs already in a must-win situation on Monday! Full credit to the Rangers who are a lot faster than the Habs appear to have thought.

I went to run a small errand during the 2nd intermission, and when I returned the Rangers lead went from 4-1 to 7-1 in about 5 minutes!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Yves... I had completely forgotten that Ginette once sang the national anthem in 1993, during the Habs/Nordiques series (but she wasn't wearing red at the time).

I had not been to a Blackhawks playoff game since 2010........ until yesterday ! A buddy called yesterday 2 hours before gametime, said he got a great price on good seats, did I want to go ? I said of course. We were 10 rows off the ice, near the goalline. Team owner Rocky Wirtz was sitting 2 rows behind us, he always sits in that section, and P Kane's dad was three rows ahead of us, he was wearing his massive SC ring. The game was electric, the Blackhawks won, it still cost a lot but it was worth seeing a terrific game.

Knowing the owner is quite approachable, I shook hands with him between periods, and jokingly asking him if he was the guy that picked all the heavy metal music blaring during breaks. He laughed, and then I told him the music is fine, it just needs to be much louder, which gave him another laugh.

This was the website that my buddy used.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...or-some-teams/

http://www.gametime.co/

I'm reading that Carey Price is now out for the Rangers series?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm reading that Carey Price is now out for the Rangers series?
    That seems to be the case. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...inal-1.2647317

That's gonna hurt Montreal for sure. I think we can expect some hards hits against Chris Kreider tonight.

It was accidental. No idea what all the whining is about.

This whole torch intro thing is as cheesy as an Ayreon album.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hey! That's below the belt. Say whatever you want about the Habs, but show some respect for Ayreon. Lucassen is a fine talent and a heck of a nice guy...or so he seems. He's even posted on my FB page.

The eons are closing
    WTF! Can't the freaking Habs do anything correctly !

And what is with Milbury taking a shot at Vanek and the Isles between 2nd / 3rd periods. As if he is not the primary reason the Isles have sucked for 20 years. He needs to hit himself with his own shoe......

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Rangers have found their formula for winning in the playoffs: make sure you face the opposing team's backup goalie.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That first part is debatable.. It was a 'bang-bang' play and who's gonna potentially hurt themselves trying to avoid the goalie? Kreider has done the same in the past, most notably on Fleury. I'm a little surprised the Habs haven't crashed Lunqvist's net more often.

However, that does not give the Habs a built-in excuse. Tokarski played solid yesterday but give a goalie just one measly goal and he needs a shutout to win! Habs have led for exactly 17 seconds in the series so far! The Rangers are feeding the Habs the same medicine Montreal fed Boston. Looks like you're gonna have your sweep Scott.

As for the whole torch ceremony, it was nice the first time they did it but time to move on...

I will be shocked if Benoit Pouillot will be back for the rest of the series after that hit from behind. He'll probably get suspended for the rest of the series. Hopefully, the off days will enable Brassard to get back in the lineup. It would be a big loss for the Blueshirts. Poulliot has been one of the best Rangers forwards in the playoffs, especially in the first round when Nash and St. Louis were struggling.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I'm glad to see Pouliot finally find a home. I liked him in Montreal but he just wasn't consistent enough...

I was looking up some stats for what I believe will be the final round of NYR vs CBH. I was amazed to see that these 2 Original Six teams have never met in the Finals...

Instead of booing Kreider every time he touches the puck, the Habs fans oughta be booing Bob Gainey for the deal that sent Ryan McDonagh to the Rangers for Scott "No" Gomez.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I was looking up some stats for what I believe will be the final round of NYR vs CBH. I was amazed to see that these 2 Original Six teams have never met in the Finals...
    Not terribly surprising considering the Rangers only made it to the Final four times since 1940.

I'm glad to see Pouliot finally find a home. I liked him in Montreal but he just wasn't consistent enough...

I would not overlook the Kings. They play playoff hockey and are pretty resilient. Third straight trip to the conference finals. I can't believe I just typed that. Who would have thought that ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    I would not overlook the Kings. They play playoff hockey and are pretty resilient. Third straight trip to the conference finals. I can't believe I just typed that. Who would have thought that ever?
    Maybe the Blackhawks, after what happened tonight in the third period . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Kings made a statement last night for sure! At 2-0 I basically turned it off. I was floored when I saw the final score!

Now...the Habs need to make it a series tonight! I thought we thoroughly outplayed the Rangers in the last game but we weren't crashing the net enough. Lundqvist does give up rebounds and we need men there to pounce on them

Feels like we're revisiting the 80s when the first two rounds of the postseason were almost always much better than the conference finals. There's been some mediocre (and bad, in some cases) play in the first two games of each series. I know that's partially why they moved away from the format featuring divisional semis and finals that occurred prior to the conference finals.

Kings made a statement last night for sure! At 2-0 I basically turned it off. I was floored when I saw the final score!

Now...the Habs need to make it a series tonight! I thought we thoroughly outplayed the Rangers in the last game but we weren't crashing the net enough. Lundqvist does give up rebounds and we need men there to pounce on them
    I thought in the last game, if not for Henrik in the first 10 minutes, you guys win for sure. Mon. came out (expectedly) on fire! However, that goal we scored 17 secs after you was a backbreaker. I thought Rangers played well in 2nd and took control in 3rd. Tomato tomatah I guess. It was one of those times while watching the game with my buds, it just felt comfortable. None of us were really on edge. Good defense, smart passes, strong forecheck, solid D and of course Henrik...we were doing all the right things. And yeah I was surprised with all the tough talk out of Montreal of getting in Henrik's face after the Kreider thing, that nobody (other than Prust between whistles skating by closely ) got after him at all.

It's gonna be awesome with the home crowd and I hope we can pull these two off!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Feels like we're revisiting the 80s when the first two rounds of the postseason were almost always much better than the conference finals. There's been some mediocre (and bad, in some cases) play in the first two games of each series. I know that's partially why they moved away from the format featuring divisional semis and finals that occurred prior to the conference finals.
    I think part of that can be attributed to one team having rest and the other having to jump form on series to the next. The Kings played Friday night and then were playing Sunday afternoon after traveling 1500 miles. There is a hangover either way. Game three it should start to become more intense.

I thought in the last game, if not for Henrik in the first 10 minutes, you guys win for sure. Mon. came out (expectedly) on fire! However, that goal we scored 17 secs after you was a backbreaker. I thought Rangers played well in 2nd and took control in 3rd. Tomato tomatah I guess. It was one of those times while watching the game with my buds, it just felt comfortable. None of us were really on edge. Good defense, smart passes, strong forecheck, solid D and of course Henrik...we were doing all the right things. And yeah I was surprised with all the tough talk out of Montreal of getting in Henrik's face after the Kreider thing, that nobody (other than Prust between whistles skating by closely ) got after him at all.

It's gonna be awesome with the home crowd and I hope we can pull these two off!
    Habs have got their backs to the wall, like they did down 3-2 against Boston. I hope they answer the bell in like fashion. I *do* expect them to crash the net more tonight. They have to!

Rangers looking well balanced for sure! Shows you what a great coach Vigneault is. He totally turned that team around! If they move on, I think they can match either of the West teams and give us a good Finals!

I think the Kings will move on and wipe the floor with either the Habs or the Rangers.

They,re not passed Chicago yet. Hawks had a bad 3rd period. Let's see how they rebound in game 3.

As for tonight, the Rangers are once again showing they are the better team. Montreal can't set up any kind of offense in New York's end. 4 shote per period isn't gonna cut it against Lundqvist.

"Le tir . . . . . . . . . et le buuuuuuuutttttttt!!!

At least there's some chance that this will be a series now.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin