Page 117 of 402 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I was thinking more of wit than any real adversarial crap, lads.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Well I'm not thinking wit. You guys are being way too cordial. C'mon! Let's have at it boys! We want trash talk!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well I'm not thinking wit. You guys are being way too cordial. C'mon! Let's have at it boys! We want trash talk!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

It'll take a few games before I'm calling Scott a shit-faced cock master, and he's replying that I'm a donkey raping shit eater...Or does that only happen in Canada?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It's a start, it's a start, lol.

neil

Oh trust me folks...I have a picture of Yves in a Habs sweater over my dart board. And yes I drew a mustache on him.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

If the Habs do make it to the finals, it would make for three interesting storylines (seeing that the LA/Anaheim series will end tomorrow night) :

Habs/Hawks : Original six matchup, last meeting in the finals was in 1973.

Habs/Kings : 1993 "rematch".

Habs/Ducks : Maybe Saku Koivu's last attempt to win a Stanley Cup... imgine the ovation he'd receive in Montréal if the Ducks win at the Bell Centre and he hoists the Cup in that arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Oh trust me folks...I have a picture of Yves in a Habs sweater over my dart board. And yes I drew a mustache on him.
    Now we're talking!

So I'm home tonight and there is no hockey. I seriously don't know what to do with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Bylsma will be the first one to go in Pittsburgh. They're much more likely to get rid of Malkin than Crosby.
    Agreed. Surprised he hasn't been fired already.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Not a big NHL fan, but will be checking in to see the entertaining exchanges between Yves & Scott!
    Surely will be as entertaining as the series itself!

Geeze...we're both good-natured fans. There's no "Mysterious Traveling" here
    Nice! LOL
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I can't believe the Habs went through... joieintense.gif

And yes, I'd favor a Chicago/Habs final... for old time's sake
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Believe it or not I do not own a single stitch of clothing with the Habs logo on it. I don't like the logo nor the colour scheme. I know they will never change it. If they brought in a 3rd jersey that reversed the red and the blue of their current home jersey I might consider buying one.

This is going to be a clean series. Vigneault and Therrien go way back together and seem to genuinely like each other. I do expect a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 games on the horizon; possibly won in OT.

Interesting article from Puck Daddy about the post-game handshake. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...150002916.html

I agree that the handshaking is useless. If certain players from opposing teams want to shake each others' hands, or the coaches want to, they should be allowed to do so; like in the NFL. Some guys can just head to the showers, others can exchange jerseys. It should be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Believe it or not I do not own a single stitch of clothing with the Habs logo on it. I don't like the logo nor the colour scheme. I know they will never change it. If they brought in a 3rd jersey that reversed the red and the blue of their current home jersey I might consider buying one.

This is going to be a clean series. Vigneault and Therrien go way back together and seem to genuinely like each other. I do expect a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 games on the horizon; possibly won in OT.
    I'll agree that the Habs jersey is one of the uglier one in the NHL... Partly the reason why I never bought one... and making it mainly blue won't change much, if the horrible logo stays...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Shero is gone but Bylsma stays in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Shero is gone but Bylsma stays in Pittsburgh.
    Well, not exactly. Bylsma's status will be re-evaluated upon the hiring of a new GM.

I really don't understand how he could keep his job.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Penguins have been on a steady decline for a few years. Their drafts from the last few years have turned up very few gems...

But I'd rather concentrate on the teams still alive! I won't post any inflammatory comments because I know that a lot of the NHL players read this thread and I don't want to give the Rangers any bulletin board material.

After Lucic's poor sportsmanship during the end-of-series handshakes, there's a new Bruins t-shirt availible :

bruins t-shirt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    After Lucic's poor sportsmanship during the end-of-series handshakes, there's a new Bruins t-shirt availible :

bruins t-shirt.jpg
    LOL!

Watching the handshake between the Kings and Ducks sure wiped away the b.s. that was the Bruins/Habs. Seeya Teemu! Tremendous class by the crowd and the Kings in honoring his great career.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Watching the handshake between the Kings and Ducks sure wiped away the b.s. that was the Bruins/Habs.
    Not all of it was that bad... Daniel Brière's sportmanship and class should be commended (beyond Lucic's BS) :

Class is when the team goes to your mom's funeral. RIP Mrs. St Louis

Lucic has gotten hammered, deservedly so, by Olberman(and most others) the last two nights. When they show a pic of Rocket Richard and some Bruins goalie I've never heard of from fifty odd years ago and both guys look like they just got done visiting a abbatoir, shaking hands, now THAT'S sportsmanship, not whining and threatening guys in the line. To boot he wouldn't even apologize, just piled on the idiocy, that's just sad.

Hell, McCarty shook Lemieux's hand way back when and didn't cause a ruckus on the ice. Sure, he made the famous statement AFTER, but he still stuck to the tradition.

I seem to remember a few years ago, the Habs won the first two games against the Rangers in Montreal then choked the rest of the series. Methinks it's time for some serious REVENGE!!!!! Maybe Henry could eat some of the chef's pickled herring or blood-whatever, get sick and drop a deuce.

It was cool to watch them beat Boston, even though I'm a dumbass and forgot to record game seven(don't worry, I've reported myself to the home office and my fan status is being reviewed but at least I'm a "real" fan and own a jersey from my team, unlike others around here who will remain unnamed). Now it's time for another team(and city, this time) that I absolutely hate(sorry New Yorkers, it just is what it is) and I'm hoping they avoid a repeat of last time or anything close to that. At least Boston has some redeeming value in the Red Sox, who have had the upper hand on the Yankees for the better part of a decade, making Yankee fans miserable, which appeases me to no end.

I'm hoping this round will have some excitement. Not too many close games recently, at least from the ones I've watched.

Um..........errr........................uh........ ...........what the fuck just happened?????????????/

Best performance by a Rangers team in the history of the franchise.

WTG NY
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973