Page 115 of 402 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Water bottles seem to be the new weapon in the NHL. Shawn Thornton was fined $2800 for squirting P.K. Subban in the face in Saturday's Habs/Bruins' game.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451809

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Why???
    I don't know, I mean obviously he's tremendously talented and some of the non-calls against him years ago he probably had a right to whine about but it seems he's becoming dirtier and whinier over time. That shot to the nuts to Moore should be a suspension and his cheap shot at the end of the game on(Girardi?) where he just skated away, is a real pussy move as were
    his cross-checks during the scrum at one point. I just wish he'd stop the crap and whining.

Did Corey Perry get fined for squirting water into one of the Kings' (Richards?) gloves? What a hoot this whole water bottle fetish is!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Did Corey Perry get fined for squirting water into one of the Kings' (Richards?) gloves? What a hoot this whole water bottle fetish is!
    That was jeff Carter and he and Perry are actually close friends. If Thornton got fined I'm sure Henrik will too. Worth every penny.

On the ice Crosby makes me sick to my stomach. For such an immense talent, he is also such a cheap-ass, flaming, lady part. Off the ice (as shown by his speaking with St. Louis before game 5) he seems like a decent dude. I will give him the fact that he ALWAYS makes himself available to the media, whatever the circumstance. It's pretty hard to respect him though with all the whining and cheap crap he does on the ice. Also Kunitz, Neal and Malkin. What a bunch of dirty shits these clowns are.

And there will be a game 7!!!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Also Kunitz, Neal and Malkin. What a bunch of dirty shits these clowns are.

And there will be a game 7!!!!!
    GO RANGERS!!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Off the ice (as shown by his speaking with St. Louis before game 5) he seems like a decent dude.
    Crosby does a lot of commercials and endorsements in Canada. He always comes off looking like a really nice and humble guy.

Speaking of nice, humble guys...we were at the Toronto airport waiting to board our flight to Vegas in April. There was a guy sitting a few seats away from us who looked kinda familiar. My husband realized it was Phil Kessel. A kid came up and asked for autographs (plural) and we realized that there was another guy sitting on the floor, propped up by a wall. It was Tyler Bozak. A few kids came up and asked for autographs and pictures while we were sitting there and they were so sweet to all the kids. It was nice to see.

Looks like spraying water is worse than spearing! Oh that's right it was Crosby

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sby-with-water

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Crosby does a lot of commercials and endorsements in Canada. He always comes off looking like a really nice and humble guy.
    The guy is the epitome of classless douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Little punk deserved all of that. The league won't take any action against Crosby, but I'm sure the Rangers will be fined heavily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Looks like spraying water is worse than spearing! Oh that's right it was Crosby

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sby-with-water
    Okay, maybe not heavily, but the fact that he was fined at all and nothing is done to Crosby is a disgrace.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I am at my Crosby limit.

I am soooo tired of hearing him lionized by the the announcers. I respect that things such as him reaching out to St. Louis are classy, but when you watch him play, he is just about the worst "leader" or "captain" I have ever seen. He doesn't lead in the traditional way of a Messier, Stevens (cough - cough - I'm making myself gag here) Toews, et al. He relies on his reputation as a great player and Canadian to catch breaks from the refs.

I loved the fact that Dubi shut him down in round 1, and I love that he is struggling now.

I am so aggravated that our TV culture force feeds us "stars" (Nash - Crosby - ARod, ...) who are all about flash and dash, but where winning and paying the price is so low on their to do list.
    m

And in other news Carey Price gets a shutout and the Habs force the Bruins into game 7.

Watching Anaheim score 3x in the first half of the second.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Last year the Leafs signed Phaneuf for $50 million for seven years. Now the rumour is that he's on the trading block. What team in their right mind is going to pay him $42 million for the next six years (his approximate remaining contract)?
    Small correction: The 7-year contract extension begins next season. This past season was the last one under his previous contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Small correction: The 7-year contract extension begins next season. This past season was the last one under his previous contract.
    YIKES! Well then, that just makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangershockey7 View Post
    I am at my Crosby limit.

I am soooo tired of hearing him lionized by the the announcers. I respect that things such as him reaching out to St. Louis are classy, but when you watch him play, he is just about the worst "leader" or "captain" I have ever seen. He doesn't lead in the traditional way of a Messier, Stevens (cough - cough - I'm making myself gag here) Toews, et al. He relies on his reputation as a great player and Canadian to catch breaks from the refs.

I loved the fact that Dubi shut him down in round 1, and I love that he is struggling now.

I am so aggravated that our TV culture force feeds us "stars" (Nash - Crosby - ARod, ...) who are all about flash and dash, but where winning and paying the price is so low on their to do list.
    m
    During the French broadcast of the Habs game yesterday, the panel spoke of Crosby and the lack of leadership in Pittsburgh and that it might be time to blow that team up, especially if they lose tonight. Go Blue Shirts!

Habs played a HELL of a game last night! That whole series will probably be decided by 1 goal! Go Habs!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Any coach who pulls the goalie at the 4 min. mark deserves to lose. What the plook was that all about ? That wasn't desperation, that was suicide. Go Habs.

It's the new thing ! Patrick Roy started doing it and now it's all the rage! I have no issues with it. The Habs did it in Boston on Saturday and managed to score once. At the very worse, it makes your team play the last 4-5 minutes aggressively. Not much of a difference between losing by 2 or 3 goals in the playoffs; so go for it!

Yeah, I agree with Yves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangershockey7 View Post
    Don't give Dubinsky too much credit - Crosby looks hurt to me. Groin/hip flexor/sports hernia, something like that.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Yeah, I 'agree' , it's playoff hockey time, ya go for broke !!

But with the added pressure/worries on the D , isn't it just a 1/2 man advantage ? Sure, it makes a difference, but I'd like to see some stats on that. (And to see if it does make a difference reg. season vs playoffs.) But it's a hell of a way for the coach to put pressure on the guys.

Lacrosse in Florida - (now there's 3 words I rarely see together) - The Rays baseball game on TV was replaced with the Florida lacrosse (playoff?) game the other day. Surprised me ! Back 'north' high schools and most all colleges have teams. Down 'south' it's almost unknown. Refreshing to see !!

Roy did it in the first round and other coaches decided to try it. You can always put the goalie back in after one empty-net goal, but since the only stat that counts in the playoffs is "W"s, it's not as risky as it seems. I find players tend to be a lot more careful with the puck when their net is empty. If you're down 4-1, with 4:00 to go, and you pull your goalie and manage a goal or two, it has a psychological benefit for your team, even if you ultimately lose, imo. The Habs were being crushed in Boston last Saturday, but they managed to make it a 4-2 loss and rebounded beautifully last night. Had the coaches given up on the game and gone conservative, I don't know if they would have been as fired up as they were last night. I may be reaching here but coaches look for any angle, any way to give their team a spark.

HI YO!!!!

No huge love for Crosby and he may be guilty of some whining, but from what I've seen, he gets endlessly hacked and cross-checked without calls, so he does have a case for that. I realize I'm probably in the minority on this one, lol.

And that's a good airport story about Kessel and Bozak! Off ice, hockey players are generally down to earth, and pretty friendly it seems.

Poor Phaneuf....but someone has to take the fall for the Leafs recent (more like, endless) failures. I think that he'd be a great 3, or 4 D-man.

Go Rangers, Go Habs!!

neil

Next...
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    No huge love for Crosby and he may be guilty of some whining, but from what I've seen, he gets endlessly hacked and cross-checked without calls, so he does have a case for that. I realize I'm probably in the minority on this one, lol.
    He dishes out and isn't called for a lot more than he suffers himself, believe me. This latest incident with him and Lundqvist is like a microcosm of his career - he commits the more egregious penalty and nothing gets called, while his opposition is disciplined.

That said...

Grab a golf bag, Penguins!!! Way to go, Rangers!!

Yeah, congrats to the Rangers and every blue-bleeder here!

All things considered I don't think Lundqvist minds how things turned out . . . . . . .

Meanwhile, OT in Minny . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin