Page 114 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Now we have a series! Imagine if the Habs hadn't collapsed late on Saturday? If they find a way to pull it out on Thursday there might be a major upset a-Bruin!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Paul Holmgren is OUT and Ron Hextall is IN as Flyers GM!!! YAY!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    there might be a major upset a-Bruin!
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Nice to see Philly upping the psycho quotient in the head office.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Well, 'out' is a strong word--Holmgren will still be around as prez. Both are being promoted from their current positions as GM and Assistant GM.

The Leafs just announced that Randy Carlyle's contract has been extended for two years and all the assistant coaches have been let go.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451611

So you can expect another up and down season next year, ending with the Leafs ALMOST making the playoffs....

and the only assistants that Carlyle will be able to hire are non-English speaking former KLH coaches.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

A lot of rumors around here that the Flyers might be able to deal LeCavalier to Nashville now that they've hired Laviolette.

And I didn't realize that in 2013 they changed the rule regarding the salary cap and trades. Previously, the trading team could pay some of the salary of the traded player, with the acquiring team only paying some of their new player's salary. However, the acquiring team would absorb all of the salary cap hit.

Now, the salary cap is in line with who is actually paying the salary. So, if the trading team pays 50% of the salary, they take 50% of the cap hit.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

As I understand it, the teams that need to spend to the floor of the cap are most interested in players that have a higher cap than actual salary - i.e., players at the end of front-loaded contracts. So for example, if a team like Florida or the Islanders wanted to get up to the floor, a guy like Jason Spezza whose cap is $7M this coming season, but his actual salary is $4M, would be attractive. Just sayin' ...

The goal that will consolidate a Boston series win?

Had the Habs managed to take a 3-1 series lead I think they'd have eventually won the series. Now it's a best of 3 with Boston regaining home ice advantage... Meanwhile, the Pens will finish the Rangers tonight (sorry Klonk) and get to rest for a few days.

no apologies necessary ya dick. It's probably true. I think everything the Rangers had was left on the ice against Philly. But hey who knows...you have to win 4 games!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm pulling for the Blue Shirts though! At least to keep the Pens busy while the Habs figure out a way to win 2 more against Boston!

And so it begins....

Report: 'Eager' Maple Leafs involved in trade discussions

Newly-minted Toronto Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan appears to be cracking the managerial whip early in his tenure with the organization, pushing the pace of the Maple Leafs front office to engage in trade discussions well before the Cup is hoisted in early June.

According to TSN's Darren Dreger, the Maple Leafs front office has been eager to generate trade chatter and have discussed transactions involving Nazem Kadri, Jake Gardiner, and pending unrestricted free agents Dave Bolland and Nikolai Kulemin.

Shanahan, who was brought in to change the culture of the cap-crunched Maple Leafs, appears set on re-tooling the franchise by dangling the team's young commodities.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/498349

Wait...they're "cap-crunched," but he's dangling their young players?

Wait...they're "cap-crunched," but he's dangling their young players?
    It's the Leafs...don't look for logic.

Let's Go Rangers!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

A nice win for the Rangers and Martin St. Louis.

As for the Leafs. They'll find a way to do something ridiculous. I'm surprised that no one seems to have picked up on the fact that the firing of all of Randy Carlyle's staff, mirrors a few years back, when they fired all of Ron Wilson's staff, and then put him on a short leash the next year. The same fate may await Carlyle.

neil

Game 7, Tuesday night in Pittsburgh.
    LET'S GO RANGERS!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Last year the Leafs signed Phaneuf for $50 million for seven years. Now the rumour is that he's on the trading block. What team in their right mind is going to pay him $42 million for the next six years (his approximate remaining contract)? Good luck with that trade Maple Leafs. What the fuck were you thinking?

Nice win for the Rangers last night. I think that most people had their money on Pittsburgh to have knocked them out by now. But they're playing well and I like to see them knock out the Penguins.

Monday morning rants: OK, I've never been a big fan of the Rangers but I gotta say, I hope they knock off the Pens for several reasons, one of which is for Marty as I love the guy. Secondly, while I've always had a fair bit of respect for Crosby, in the past few years and especially this playoffs, he's turned into a gutless puke!! So go Rangers!

I'm also thinking that the Habs will win tonight but probably go down in the seventh in Boston. Man, did they ever blow that 3-1 lead last Saturday!

Finally, would you guys(and ladies) like to start a fund to buy out the contract of that mindless windbag, Glenn Healy?? It must be possible somehow to make that idiot just shut his fucking mouth!!

Great story concerning Rangers' Martin St. Louis mourning his recently deceased mother,coming back to play the next game(last night) and scoring a goal en route to the Rangers win.

Inspirational.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I've always had a fair bit of respect for Crosby
    Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    while I've always had a fair bit of respect for Crosby, in the past few years and especially this playoffs, he's turned into a gutless puke!! So go Rangers!
    Lunqvuist shows his respect for the little bitch It will be interesting to see if the league takes any action on this incident.

http://www.rock937online.com/2014/05...angers-goalie/

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Lunqvuist shows his respect for the little bitch It will be interesting to see if the league takes any action on this incident.

http://www.rock937online.com/2014/05...angers-goalie/
    Little punk deserved all of that. The league won't take any action against Crosby, but I'm sure the Rangers will be fined heavily.