Page 111 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I was about to say that's how the last three games of the Blues/Blackhawks have been, hard-nosed playoff hockey, but then when you see Backes crunch Hossa into the net after scoring his goal, this is why I did not feel sympathy for the game 2 hit on Backes.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4360205/hossa.gif

This has been one terrific series, 4 of 5 games end in overtime. And it's looking good now that the Blackhawks are ahead 3 games to 2.
    That hit on Hossa isn't even in the same league as the blow he took from Seabrook. This has been a great series. THE series though is Colombus/Pitt. It's got everything a hockey fan could ask for. NY/Philly? Unless your a fan of either team...zzzzzzzz. Not to mention the scheduling of the games sucks!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Is it open season on spearing opposing players in the nuts during playoffs?? WTF?..another one last night.Dallas' Ryan Garbutt doing it to Ducks' Corey Perry, drawing 5 and a game misconduct.Hope these guys wear Kevlar cups.
    Last edited by walt; 04-26-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    NY/Philly? Unless your a fan of either team...zzzzzzzz. Not to mention the scheduling of the games sucks!
    Totally agree. Much better hockey in just about every other series.

I usually prefer the Western Conference games, anyway.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ken, I understand your argument, but I don't think that hit is anywhere even close to the Seabrook hit. You could argue that Backes was trying to check him off the puck and he arrived at about the same time. And it was certainly not a head shot. I'm quite sure that Backes is no saint, and it's possible he may have delivered some cheap shots to trigger the Seabrook retaliation. Still an unwarranted hit...IMO. I'm not invested on either side. Both teams have some awesome talent on them, and I am enjoying the high level of hockey on display in this series. That was an incredible pass by Keith up to Toews, who buried it, to win Game 5. Should be an excellent Game 6.

neil

Hey Yves! Dust off a seat on the Bandwagon for me. I'm jumping on!

SIGH...

The Rangers are just the better team.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    SIGH...

The Rangers are just the better team.
    So far. Hoping for a game 6 win of course, especially since a decider would be Wed; I don't like the idea of back-to-back games in the NHL, def. not in the playoffs.
    (Ironic that if it is a Wed. game 7 in Philly, the Mets play in Philly too.)

Epic collapse by Dallas up by 2 late. Props to the Ducks.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    (Ironic that if it is a Wed. game 7 in Philly, the Mets play in Philly too.)
    Oh, the New York hate will be out in full force that night!

Scott, you sound like a Leafs fan, lol. All Philly has to do is win at home, and then anything can happen in a Game 7, as we all know. I certainly wouldn't count them out. I think Henrik can have some off nights, too. Should be a great game!

neil

Not to mention the scheduling of the games sucks!
    Two of the first three Ranger home games this series have been Sunday 12 noon starts which is horrible to begin with on top of that it's illegal to serve alcohol before noon so the pre game party at the Flying Puck is out as well.

Hoping they can do it in 6 but if it goes 7 I have a ticket and there's nothing better than game 7 intensity!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hey Yves! Dust off a seat on the Bandwagon for me. I'm jumping on!
    We're the lesser of two evils, are we ?

I don't expect the Habs to get passed the Bruins, regardless of having won 3 of 4 against them during the regular season.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    We're the lesser of two evils, are we ?
    Yeah. Pretty much.

Anybody know when round 2 will begin? Round 1 will be completed tomorrow night. Will they start as early as Thursday with teams that have been off for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Anybody know when round 2 will begin? Round 1 will be completed tomorrow night. Will they start as early as Thursday with teams that have been off for a few days?
    Think at least Bruins/Habs will start Thursday.

Game 7 at MSG tomorrow will be a doosy. Yes I have zero faith in us coming back from 4-0 late 2nd. Gonna watch Mets/Phillies now. Yeah, NY up 1-0 after a long rain delay.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Three Game Sevens tomorrow night!!

Love round one, playoff hockey.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Three Game Sevens tomorrow night!!
    Crazy.

Finally, a solid game by the Flyers tonight. They've responded well for most of the season when their backs have been against the wall, but I really didn't think they'd be able to come back in this series. Credit Steve Mason for stealing the 1st period, especially during the first 10 minutes or so when the Rangers completely outplayed the Flyers. After that, it was all Flyers.

Game 7 in Madison Square Garden should be amazing. Will the Flyers be able to carry momentum in the first back-to-back games? Will the Rangers dominate in their own building as they have against the Flyers for most of the season? Will Lundqvist bounce back with a game-saving effort after getting pulled? Will this series - the only one without an overtime game - play into overtime in Game 7?

Hockey - A sport so tough even the ref's play hurt.

Hoping for some fun tomorrow as the last couple days games have been snoozers.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Think at least Bruins/Habs will start Thursday.
    I received a text from NHL Game Centre last night confirming this. Thursday, 7:30 ET.

Stupid Rangers are gonna give me a heart attack one of these days. They can never do anything easy for God's sake! Flyers just flat out dominated after the 1st period. Easily their best game of the series. If the Rangers could deliver on the PP though, this series would be over already. Disappointing to say the least. Oh well, do or die tonight!

With the exception of a small handful of players, this Ranger team really has no grit though. I wish we had a guy like Simmonds. Hell, our grittiest forward is one of the tiniest players in the NHL!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

^^^Or maybe Callahan?
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I wish we had a guy like Simmonds.
    He's a nice guy to have. Really developed into a well-rounded player this season.

The series between the Habs and Bruins will be the 34th time these teams meet in the post season! No two other teams even come close to that number!

But first we have 3 x Game 7 tonight! My girlfriend's gonna slit her wrists!

Hockey widows....prog widows....what can we do? Are we not men?!

neil

Rangers have come out with infinite more life and jump tonight. Mason is playing out of his mind, but there's no way I can see the Flyers pulling this one out.

Next!
    Attached Images Attached Images