Page 109 of 403 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

After having a small lead in the regular season pool as late as March, I fell out of first and ended up second. I can't blame injuries (to Bobby Ryan, Matt Duchene, etc.) as much as the other guy just having a little better team.

I had a hellish week at work, so I didn't have a chance to chime in with my fearless predictions on Round 1:

Boston in 7
    Montreal in 5

NYR in 6
    Pittsburgh in 5

San Jose in 7
    Anaheim in 5

Colorado in 4
    St. Louis in 7

I haven't been able to watch a complete game, but some of what I've seen has been spectacular hockey. LA/SJS Game 1 had 55 hits in the FIRST PERIOD! The final count was 121! Think about the regular season and find a game with that many hits.

Getzlaff is a warrior. Did you see his mug after taking a puck in the face? He will play in Game 2. You've gotta love it.

Ryan Miller looked very shaky in the first period, but he settled down and played quite well after that.

Watch out for Colorado - they just might sneak up on some teams in the West. I'm still rooting for the Sharks.

Boston looks like the team to beat in the East. Bruins and Sharks in the Final? That would be a war!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I haven't been able to watch a complete game, but some of what I've seen has been spectacular hockey. LA/SJS Game 1 had 55 hits in the FIRST PERIOD! The final count was 121! Think about the regular season and find a game with that many hits.

During the Blackhawks/Blues, they showed the hit stat for both teams. The Blackhawks were dead last in hits, which did not surprise me since I watch them all season. But I was surprised the Blues were so low at #17.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/st...atistics/2013/

Another cheap shot from Milan Lucic, from last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post

Ouch.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Lucic: "I’ve been in the league for seven years and I think I’ve only done that three times. I don’t know why I did it.”

Maybe they tightened the bolts in his neck too much.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Lucic: "I’ve been in the league for seven years and I think I’ve only done that three times. I don’t know why I did it.”

Maybe they tightened the bolts in his neck too much.
    Yeah? And one of them was last week or the week before against Emelin from the Habs. In my opinion this kind of shit has no place in the game and the guy is an absolute PRICK! Should be suspended for 10 games. It was the exact same BULLSHIT move!! ASSHOLE!

Congrats to Columbus for their first playoff win in franchise history!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    All this overtime is making my head explode with joy.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I should remember the dudes name, as it only happened a few hours ago, but I'm sick. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Bloody flu virus.

Anyway, the dude from St. Louis who was sent into the next century in todays game. That was painful watching him try to stand. Even with the help of two people he was unsteady and looked as if he'd just been castrated or something worse(gods forbid).

I've seen my Habs choke on a 2-0 lead in recent years, so I'll stay reserved, but it's better than being down 2-0.

That was David Backes and that's a HUGE loss for the Blues. I think Seabrook probably misses some time with that hit.

Rangers/Flyers today at 12. If the Rangers own the puck like they did last game, Philly's in trouble. You can play as physical as you want fuckers, but you have to eventually try and score a goal! I'm hopin they forget that again

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That was David Backes and that's a HUGE loss for the Blues. I think Seabrook probably misses some time with that hit.
    Lying sack of shit....

"I was just trying to make a play on Backes," Seabrook said. "I thought the puck was there; I was on Steen, I was just coming down the wall and I just tried to finish my hit."
    I'm not trying to target his head, I'm not trying to do anything like that.

It wasn't my intent," said Seabrook, who expressed concern and hoped Backes was OK. "I thought it was a hit, it's a physical series. Hits have been laid like that from both sides the whole series"

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2014/...spension-laugh

Looks pretty pleased with himself...

BG
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 04-20-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

You can play as physical as you want fuckers, but you have to eventually try and score a goal!
    Haha! Now you sound like me!

BTW - Is Greg Louganis an assistant coach for the Rangers?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Seabrook is out 3 games.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

LHM what a mauling out in San Jose tonight. And they spotted the Kings two goals!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Had a laugh(so did Chara) watching Smith and Chara almost square off yesterday.

Playoff hockey.The best.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Despite still taking stupid amounts of penalties, Flyers played a much better game against Rangers yesterday and deserved the win. Emery has played surprisingly strong. Expect 7 games out of this one...fuck!

Despite still taking stupid amounts of penalties, ... Expect 7 games out of this one...fuck!
    Agreed on both points.

Several great series right now.

Very surprised to see Seabrook involved in something like that. It was only a few years ago that he got cheap-shotted by Raffi Torres, when Torres was with the Canucks. I think he should Seabrook should have got more, but I'm surprised that they even gave him three games. And the slashing that Duncan Keith has been laying on everyone in sight.....not sure how he is still on the ice.

As much as I have loved this game my whole life, these jerks sometimes make it tough. You CAN play great, hard-nosed playoff hockey, without the cheap stuff. Let's hope that's what we get, from here on out.

neil

^^^Totally agree. You see Lucic holding on to the stick and then scoring and what comes to mind is ... WWE/WWF (or whatever it's called this week).
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Back from Aruba! Though I should have stayed there as the Habs played better in the first 2 games (of which I only saw the 3rd period of game 2) than they did last night. I also think the Bolts might have gotten cheated on that disallowed goal. Price made it back in net before the puck went in. I guess the argument was that he was not able to get into position to face the shot before they scored. I expect TB's best game tomorrow. If the Habs can weather the storm they'll get a few days rest before the next round.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Best explanation I've read about why the disallowed TB goal from last night was the correct call comes from Kerry Fraser in his weekly column on TSN.ca...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449992

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Best explanation I've read about why the disallowed TB goal from last night was the correct call comes from Kerry Fraser in his weekly column on TSN.ca...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449992
    Dude, seriously, just the other day I was wondering whatever happened to Kerry Fraser. I used to hate him because he had that perfect hair(don't ask, there's no rationality to it) but after years of watching him do games I realized he was damn good.

I thought Tampa Bay got jobbed, turns out Price jobbed them LOL! Funny rule and he took advantage of it. One has to probably be a little crafty at times to be a goaltender in the NHL.

---disallowed because Price touched/jumped on the player as he was scrambling to leave the crease ??!?

:dgtest

Looks like Matt Cooke has re-offended. I haven't had a chance to see the knee-on-knee on Tyson Barrie, but based on his lengthy past record and the fact that the league totally blew it on the Erik Karlsson Achilles severance, here's their chance to make amends.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Looks like Matt Cooke has re-offended. I haven't had a chance to see the knee-on-knee on Tyson Barrie, but based on his lengthy past record and the fact that the league totally blew it on the Erik Karlsson Achilles severance, here's their chance to make amends.
    Should be out for the playoffs, just because he's an asshole, but he'll probably only get one game.