Page 105 of 403 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I like lacrosse very much actually. Great sport! It gets no TV exposure here otherwise I'd watch all the time.

I have a feeling M St Louis gets his first goal as a Ranger tonight. Thus opening the floodgates!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I like lacrosse very much actually. Great sport! It gets no TV exposure here otherwise I'd watch all the time.

I have a feeling M St Louis gets his first goal as a Ranger tonight. Thus opening the floodgates!
    Lacrosse gets very little TV time here too. I think that TSN (the CDN equivalent of ESPN) showed about 8 games this season. Universal Sports Network has picked up a few games for the 2nd half of the season. But ALL the games that aren't on TSN or USN are streamed live on YouTube through The Lacrosse Network. And what I love about YouTube is that you can save the games to watch later if you can't watch them live. I watch them on my TV through Apple TV, so that not only is every game televised, but it's televised at my convenience.

If you go to NLL.com, they post the YouTube links to that day's games. I usually go on the site in the morning and then mark the games that I want to see to watch later.

Bad home loss for the Blues - dropped them out of first for the Presidents Trophy as the C(r)aps were no help vs the B's

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Habs- Bolts tonight! A preview of the playoffs!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I may hit the driving range tonight! A preview of MY playoffs.

Sucks that the Leafs dropped out like that. My mom doesn't have too many seasons left to enjoy hockey!

The Leafs....finding new ways to crush their fans' dreams. Year in and year out, lol.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The Leafs....finding new ways to crush their fans' dreams. Year in and year out, lol.

neil
    Hey Neil, nice to have another Torontonian to commiserate with. I've missed that since Lino vacated the premises.

Of course being in Toronto doesn't necessarily make you a Leafs fan. But my condolences if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

This is why I can't cheer for the Habs. That Elmo guy is a dick.

M St Louis gets his first goal as a Ranger
    ***BREAKING NEWS***
    At approx. 12:21am est...It's a Shorthanded Goal!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Damnit I fucking hate shootouts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Great win by the Rangers tonight! St Louis finally gets his first goal..just worried about McDonagh getting slashed by Burrows. Really dirty, and cheap play.

Habs backed into the playoffs last night. Gonna need a more solid effort if they think they can beat the Bolts in a 4 out of 7!

And the Leafs finally break their 8-game losing streak! Clarkson scored...his first point in 17 games!

We still have a long way to go and only 5 games to get there. Including Boston and Tampa. The game against Boston tomorrow night is going to be huge. It the Leafs can come out with a win it'll be a huge confidence boost.

Leafs have to run the table to have a serious shot at making it.

That was some elbow by Douglas Murray, Yves. Ouch! He's gonna be spending some time out of uniform for sure.

St Louis finally nets one! Rangers win, but let Vancouver hang around. They play like this against better teams and its an easy loss. Really hope McD is ok. I'm hearing his injury isn't serious, but we'll see. I don't know if I'd call Burrows hit a 5 min major or even a penalty really, but it was unnecessary at that time in the game. Guy is a piece of shit.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Yeah, I didn't like that one bit. Not Montreal Canadiens' style hockey. Now we're gonna lose one of our best penalty killers for a few games. It will be very hard to explain why he was throwing the elbow in the first place if it wasn't intentional.

Toews will sit for the rest of the regular season. A no-brainer, smart move...

Really hope McD is ok. I'm hearing his injury isn't serious, but we'll see. I don't know if I'd call Burrows hit a 5 min major or even a penalty really, but it was unnecessary at that time in the game. Guy is a piece of shit.
    NHL Dept. of Player Safety: "Clean hit". SMFH.

Hey ForeverAutumn, I'm really much more of a hockey fan, than a Leafs fan. Always have been. Watching that team suffer annually has almost become a tradition! Unfortunately, even if they should pull off a huge win against the Bruins, they'll need more than confidence to get in. Multiple teams will need to fail at the wire.

Burrows throwing an elbow. Ha, what a surprise. If it was up to me, suspensions for things like this would START at 10 games. Then, we'd see how often it would keep up. But since the NHL takes decades to get anything done that would upset 'THE CODE', no matter how much sense it makes to us mere mortals, no such luck.

Should be a very interesting playoff year, that's for sure.

neil

I'm expecting Murray to get a minimum 3-game suspension for that elbow on Tuesday. I don't think it was his intent to lay the guy out and he has no previous history of it. I think he got caught flat-footed and just stuck out an elbow which unfortunately caught the guy in the face.

Red Wings making a charge! I love to see a team get hot and sneak into the 8th or 7th spot. They just proved they can beat Boston and I think the Pens are reeling a little right now so possibly a first-round upset in the making?

Yes, it's always fun to see a team make a run, especially when it crushes the Leafs' dreams!

Hoh boy....

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Yes, it's always fun to see a team make a run, especially when it crushes the Leafs' dreams!

Hoh boy....

neil
    Dude, you're killing me! LOL!

Actually, although I'd love to see the Leafs win their last five games, I also think there are benefits to having them tank. As mentioned previously in this thread, not making the playoffs will hopefully force some badly needed changes. Making the playoffs only delays the inevitable. Although it will provide some fun pub nights to watch the playoff games.

All I know is that I would never want to play for Randy Carlyle. He seems to hold his entire team in contempt.