Page 101 of 402 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Now that's a good test right there. St Louis, with the addition of Ryan Miller, are my personal pick for the cup this year.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Now that's a good test right there. St Louis, with the addition of Ryan Miller, are my personal pick for the cup this year.
    Agreed. They're pretty strong. I like Chicago, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

san jose v. boston in the cup finals

This team has no sack >

dont know why they traded for st.louis. the guy demandedto get traded to one specific team and i'm not sure why sather went for it. hes not an elite player any more and has been exending his value the past few years by laying the puck of for stamkos. who trades their captain fora small 40 year old just before the play offs/

I don't know...SJ is awesome, but I think they're beatable. If Niemi plays like he did against the Rangers yesterday...maybe! Definitely agree with Boston though. They're on top of their game now.

i just figure their due lol

Good point!

With the Rangers and MSL, I know it's crunch time, but I'll give him a little leeway. You can see he's trying WAY too hard right now and the team is trying WAY to hard to get him the puck. Hopefully this settles down...soon!

I hated to see Cally go, but understand why he had too ($$) and MSL is still a hell of a player despite his age. What I hate is that we keep getting smaller. This team would beat any other team in a limbo contest! I don't know how you beat a team like Boston or any Western Conf. team without a little size. Frustrating.

Similar situation with Vanek here.. He's getting all sorts of chances but just not scoring. It must be something about putting on the Bleu Blanc Rouge!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It has to be nerve-wracking as hell to come to a big stage like Montreal or NY where immediately so much is expected out of you. Sure they're pros, but still, that has to be real intimidating. I'll give MSL a few more games before I jump on him...Vanek if he doesn't score yesterday, he'll be lynched!

The fans here want him to do well because Montreal doesn't attract these big name free agents very often. The system we play may not be conducive to him getting as many chances as in a city where they play more wide open. This may cause him to move on in the off season. He is discovering that Montreal IS a hockey city though. He probably encountered more Montreal press when he joined the team in Phoenix than the amount of press he'd see on Long Island or in Buffalo for a home game!
    Last edited by Yves; 03-18-2014 at 12:54 PM.

i can see why montreal picked him up the price was cheap enough. but hes another guy with talent who doesnt have the heart. i still think he willpop an important goal or two along the way. more often than not these type ofplayers work out for montreal.

st.louis is still a decent player but he put a lot of pressure on himself. didn't make a lot offriends in the hockey world with his sulking and demands.

MSL- Nobody got the %$#tty end of the stick more than Marty. The whole Olympic thing was a complete snub against everything he's done for the Lightning. Sure, it was 'all business' that's the NHL, etc. but that don't mean it's OK.
    I'm almost shocked he didn't retire while he was on top. But he's a player at heart. Hope he does good in NY.

He's working hard, but holding his stick WAY too tight. Needs to loosen up.

I think he needed to be a pro about the whole Team Canada thing. This country runs very deep in talented forwards...

Subban won the Norris last year, got invited to Sochi, and played in only one game. Not a peep was heard out of him about it and he was grinning from ear-to-ear about the whole experience...

Rangers up 5-2 in Ottawa. 4 unanswered in the second, where the hell did that come from? Gotta find some more of that in the stretch.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Great game between the Habs and Nordi... uhhh....Avs yesterday! Playoff atmosphere for 60 minutes! Vanek breaks out with a hat trick! That line (DesHarnais, Pacioretty, Vanek) looked like a true No 1 line! Something the Habs haven't had in a long while!

Of course Boston is uncatchable at this point, but the Habs need to finish 2nd or 3rd and avoid the Wild Card slots...

I saw highlights from that game. Do you Montreal folks not own hats? Or are you just too cool to throw 'em on the ice? I know it was unsure who got Vanek's 3rd goal at first, but cmon! Garden ice would have been littered with hats of all shapes and sizes when the hatty was announced. PFFFT!

Rangers played a pretty shitty game against a team that played shittier last night. Don't let the score fool anyone. A better team would have eaten us alive with the bad D that was played. I'm worried.

A good hat cost upwards of 30.00 here! Besides the only hats they had were probably toques and they needed them to wear home!

I've thrown a few hats in my time and each one, immediately after launching it, I wanted it back.

Stamkos gets a hat trick in Toronto last nite.. and I see no hats ?? Where's that tradition gone ??

Lightning Hockey History : After Tampa's very first hat trick many a year ago, they grabbed one hat tosser and kicked him out for it !!

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Stamkos gets a hat trick in Toronto last nite.. and I see no hats ?? Where's that tradition gone ??
    If this happened in warmer, sunnier weather there would be lots of caps on the ice, I'm sure. But in the winter months, very few people wear baseball caps. Like Yves pointed out, if you're wearing a hat here these days it's probably a toque, and you want it for the ride home.

Plus, it was the opposing team and we were losing.

Hey, I'm not arguing, () but it was Stammer's hometown, I can't imagine him growing up there and not wanting to play for Toronto.
    Then he comes home, pulls off a hat-trick , and ....pffffft.
    (sorry, but I'm just an old geezer who grew up when goalie masks were still optional, and traditions were traditions. Remember the Panthers and the rats ?? Now there's a tradition that came and went.
    *Sigh* - I guess a hat-trick just isn't what it used to be.....)

Given that the Leafs and Bolts are in a furious battle for the playoffs, I don't think people are going to celebrate the exploits of "the enemy" in their house. P.K. Subban is also a Toronto native but that doesn't stop Leaf fans from booing him every time he touches the puck. This ain't the USA, man! Hockey is WAR up here!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This ain't the USA, man! Hockey is WAR up here!
    LOL!

Speaking of which...see you tomorrow night mon ami. I hope your Mom has a big smile on her face.

Yeah, you'd never see a hat tossed on the MSG ice for an enemy hat trick...hell no!!

HUGE game tonight between Rangers/Blue Jackets. What does it feel like to be guaranteed a playoff spot without having to claw your way in during the last few weeks??!