Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where’s Chalkpie?

Where’s Chalkpie?

I always enjoyed his posts a lot, but his account is now only marked as “guest”...
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

I noticed that the other day, also.

I believe he had enough of someone here and split. I even offered to deal with the person in question but he would have none of it. I suspect we wound up on the losing end of this one since he was a really awesome contributor. He may come back someday but don't hold your breath.

And to the person that he had issues with. Nice job! You ran off a great guy and in the end we still have you. Is that fair?

That's a shame. He was smart, funny and knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    And to the person that he had issues with. Nice job! You ran off a great guy and in the end we still have you. Is that fair?
    He made it sound in a private message that *I* chased him off, which I think was quite an over-reaction to one post I made, honestly.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

That's pretty jacked up!

I was trying to search for Chalkpie's last few posts to locate the culprit, but with his account deleted, it is rather difficult.

Sean, let us know if ya need to send the lynch mob out and drop this buffoon, m'kay?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    He made it sound in a private message that *I* chased him off, which I think was quite an over-reaction to one post I made, honestly.

If it was you… why I oughttta!!!

I hope it was just a misunderstanding (if it was with you) and hope chalky returns!

It wasn't a mis-understanding. See the ROXY : THE MOVIE thread.

He wanted me to tell him information I got from a book I bought and read and I said, "No, I won't Spotify or stream it for you", and he got totally bent out of shape. I think he over-reacted big-time, but that's all I said.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Hmm, thanks for chiming in, Steve. You too are a gem so at least some loser troll didn't cause him to bail. Still, it's a drag.

Hmm, thanks for chiming in, Steve. You too are a gem so at least some loser troll didn't cause him to bail. Still, it's a drag.
    C'mon, you know you'd trade me for him in a HEARTBEAT!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Ha! Nah, you two are pretty much on an even par in my eyes when it comes to stimulating discussions here.

^ ^ ^

thank you.

I was also sorry to see him go.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

I remember that post in question. I thought you were right, but the tone *was* a bit gruff.

Come back, clammy chalkie and show that music biz mogul!

No matter how cool or interesting a person is, I'm afraid I'll just never understand 'leaving' a forum. I can see not bothering with it anymore, or slowly losing interest... but to actually make the effort to remove your account shows me that you want people to *see* that you've done it. "I'm mad at this guy, so I just want you all to know I'm never coming back here, and you have to live without me." .... and this is not specific to this user, I've seen it a number of times before. My thoughts are, "Okay, take your toys and go home." Life's too short for silliness and pettiness.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

As music freaks, it comes with the territory that we’re all a bit more sensitive than the rest of world. Anyway, if there’s a will to reconcile, there’s always a way. Hopefully…

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No matter how cool or interesting a person is, I'm afraid I'll just never understand 'leaving' a forum. I can see not bothering with it anymore, or slowly losing interest... but to actually make the effort to remove your account shows me that you want people to *see* that you've done it. "I'm mad at this guy, so I just want you all to know I'm never coming back here, and you have to live without me." .... and this is not specific to this user, I've seen it a number of times before. My thoughts are, "Okay, take your toys and go home." Life's too short for silliness and pettiness.
    I've left here before, but I totally get your point of view. Sometimes though, you need that break that only comes from closing your account, so I can relate to people needing to do so.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    I remember that post in question. I thought you were right, but the tone *was* a bit gruff.
    It was.

It's also a very sore subject with me for obvious reasons. Like the fact that I'm watching 35 years of work slowly collapse and fall away.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

A pity really. He had good taste

If someone underwhelms me too much, I just put them on the 'blacklist' (or whatever its called).
    But its so long time ago I did, so I cant even remember how to do it or remember what its called.
    But just wait !

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    You big meanie!

... but to actually make the effort to remove your account shows me that you want people to *see* that you've done it.
    Perhaps, but I never would have known chalkpie left had I not seen this thread...despite him being one of my FB friends.
    <sig out of order>

What about Supp? Lino? and Yogibear?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Suspended
    Leaving a forum makes perfect sense to me, if it's no longer giving you enjoyment and you intend not to return. I have left a couple. I did not make a big drama over it, but I did say words to the effect of "Bye folks, I'm not coming back". I thought I owed that much to the people I still regarded as friends on those fora.

You might say "Why not just stay away?" But it's not as easy as that. I've tried that. After a certain time the temptation is to give it another go, maybe things have settled down. And I returned, and got all the big "welcome back" virtual hugs... and then in a week's time it was back to the same old shit. It's like a failed relationship. You can try to patch it up, and sometimes things can be patched up, but sometimes you just have to let go and make a clean break.

As for chalkpie, i guess he just got "cheesed off".

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Perhaps, but I never would have known chalkpie left had I not seen this thread...despite him being one of my FB friends.
    I think that speaks volumes about Facebook's bastardisation of the word "friend".

It wasn't a mis-understanding. See the ROXY : THE MOVIE thread.

He wanted me to tell him information I got from a book I bought and read and I said, "No, I won't Spotify or stream it for you", and he got totally bent out of shape. I think he over-reacted big-time, but that's all I said.
    If he did leave because of that exchange, I think it is definitely blown out of proportions. I searched and read the entire thread and I didn't think you were being abrasive at all. But, we all have different tolerance levels, so who knows -- it may be a number of things that contributed to his exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Tell him that some are asking about him…

I met him at the Magma show in NYC earlier in the year. He seemed like a pretty cool guy to me.

I do agree that going through the trouble of deleting an account is somewhat diva-like, but whatever. He did not behave in an over-sensitive manner in general, I thought.

My suspicion is that it wasn't one particular beef that sent him over the edge, but reliving a lot of the same moments regarding a particular set of issues.

Could be wrong, though.