Thread: Non-British 'Canterbury'

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Moleslope
    I liked this. It wasn't trying too hard to be Canterbury-ish. IMO
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I liked this. It wasn't trying too hard to be Canterbury-ish. IMO
    No, its quite good and nicely complex here and there. The bassplayer likes Hugh Hopper (who doesn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi dear friends!

My band The Worm Ouroboros, sometimes referred to as being of Canterbury-styled prog (at least we're inspired by many of Canterbury bands, like National Health and Hatfields) just released new album "Endless Way From You" on Lizard Records in Italy.

You may listen to it at thewormouroboros.bandcamp.com. Hope you will enjoy it!
    I loved Of Things That never Were, so this is a must-have for me.

I wonder whether the French band Bend the Future could be included in this thread?

^^^^

Thx, great stuff (will investigate further)

I will certainly ask PA's ZART or JR/F/C teams to look into them for Canterbury or JR/F

Edit: done
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Moleslope

https://moleslopemusic.bandcamp.com/album/slope

First full-length release by Japanese instrumental band moleslope. The band uniquely blends elements of Canterbury rock, post-rock, and jazz, creating a multifaceted crossover sound.
    moleslope is a twin keyboard driven instrumental band that consists of an eclectic ensemble of 7 experienced musicians. Their multifaceted soundscape uniquely blends elements of post-rock, Canterbury rock, jazz, and minimal music.
    The band’s name was created combining the words “mole” from Matching Mole and “slope” from the beautiful slopes of Canterbury, England. Their first full-length release was titled “SLOPE” which was taken from the band name. The album features a soundscape that journeys down a slope of swiftly transitioning chronological sequences that were formed absorbing scattered essences of various ages in music and is a collection of tracks that is sure to appeal to fans of Canterbury rock, crossover jazz, Krautrock, as well as post-rock bands including Stereolab and mouse on the keys.
    I like it

^^^ Me too. I just picked up Moleslope's CD during yesterday's "the artists get all the money" day at Bandcamp. Listened to the mp3's 3 times already and I love it. Has enough of that Canterbury special sauce in it that it gives me goosebumps. I agree the Hugh Hopper emulation is the most obvious reference but it's also got the out-bloody-rageous horn harmonies and a lot of other good stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ Me too. I just picked up Moleslope's CD during yesterday's "the artists get all the money" day at Bandcamp. Listened to the mp3's 3 times already and I love it. Has enough of that Canterbury special sauce in it that it gives me goosebumps. I agree the Hugh Hopper emulation is the most obvious reference but it's also got the out-bloody-rageous horn harmonies and a lot of other good stuff too.
    I also ordered the album, but I -on't know if that promotion will work for them.

Great stuff.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Banned
    Patrice Meyer - Dromedaire Viennois

AmeSon - Catalyze

Leticia Garcia - Magmaquiaverica Em Canturbano (Brazil, '84)
    Last edited by Onslow; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    However, I got a warning via BC that this album could take a few weeks to arrive, because the Japanese posts are closed.

Moleslope

https://moleslopemusic.bandcamp.com/album/slope

First full-length release by Japanese instrumental band moleslope. The band uniquely blends elements of Canterbury rock, post-rock, and jazz, creating a multifaceted crossover sound.
    moleslope is a twin keyboard driven instrumental band that consists of an eclectic ensemble of 7 experienced musicians. Their multifaceted soundscape uniquely blends elements of post-rock, Canterbury rock, jazz, and minimal music.
    The band’s name was created combining the words “mole” from Matching Mole and “slope” from the beautiful slopes of Canterbury, England. Their first full-length release was titled “SLOPE” which was taken from the band name. The album features a soundscape that journeys down a slope of swiftly transitioning chronological sequences that were formed absorbing scattered essences of various ages in music and is a collection of tracks that is sure to appeal to fans of Canterbury rock, crossover jazz, Krautrock, as well as post-rock bands including Stereolab and mouse on the keys.
    Got this one straight from Japan. Very good stuff. Funny side-note: this one was masterd by Norman Nitzsche af CALYX Mastering Germany.
    And in the Special Thanks there's one "Hebeeryke caravan"....