Thread: Magma: MDK in Nov 2012

Magma: MDK in Nov 2012

So apparently Magma pulled out MDK at a performance in November 2012 at Le Triton in Paris - the whole thing is on youtube and can be found if you want to see Yet Another version of MDK, I pulled out what I figured was the most interesting part to show below

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I love this music, but man is it fuckin' weird!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Wow ... lucky audience! You know you're a prog band when your greatest hit is over 40 mins long...
    Last edited by zombywoof; 01-07-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Huge argument about copyright in 3...2...1...

This is a very different take on MDK. In the clip above you have Christian doing vocal work off most of the epochal versions of the song, and in general the entire take is much more liquid, fluid, compared to, say, the version on Epok II DVD or on Trianon. I think it was either Issehn or Elsa Stavilaski who posted the series of clips here, and I cannot say this is my favorite version. But I'd like to hear it through without pause to make a final decision... I think this was the first time Herve got to sing this.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

I saw Magma for the first time last friday at Saint Amand Les Eaux and it was a truly remarkable experience. I was completely thrilled that they did MDK and it made all the travel involved very worthwhile