Thread: Springsteen tour

Springsteen tour

And one does not have to wait 6+ months after getting tickets, tix on-sale next Friday-

January 16 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center
    January 19 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
    January 24 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    January 27 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    January 29 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
    January 31 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
    February 2 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    February 4 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden
    February 8 - Albany, NY @ Times Union Center
    February 10 - Hartford, CT @ XL Center
    February 12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
    February 16 - Sunrise, FL @ BB&T Center
    February 18 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
    February 21 - Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
    February 23 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
    February 25 - Buffalo, NY @ First Niagara Center
    February 27 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
    February 29 - St Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
    March 3 - Milwaukee, WI @ BMO Harris Bradley Center
    March 6 - St Louis, MO @ Chaifetz Arena
    March 10 - Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Arena
    March 13 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
    March 15 - Los Angeles, CA @ Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
    March 17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1272...-Announce-Tour
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'll be dragg...er...um...going with my girlfriend to the Philly show, I'm sure.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Gone are the days when you could see Bruce at tiny clubs like the Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA, and buy tickets at the door.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Gone are the days when you could see Bruce at tiny clubs like the Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA, and buy tickets at the door.
    Well, kinda. He still pops in from time to time in Asbury Park or New York to play with friends. We've been to a couple shows like that in the hopes that he'll just magically show up. Haven't had any luck yet.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    I remember when he "popped into" Sydney to do a show, think it was late 1980s. there were actually people flying out from London to attend the concert.

So yes, i'd say those days are indeed gone.

He increased his top ticket price from the last tour.

Last tour: $99
    This tour: $150

Quite a jump, but hardly not out of the range for a top tier performer.
    Last edited by Dan Marsh; 12-05-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added a comment.

Saw him a few years ago and have to say, great show and I was thrilled with the band. He does have a great supporting band.

Musical guest on SNL NOW. Well, the show just started so The Boss will be on (twice at least) eventually.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Just saw the jersey boy perform on SNL .

What am I missing?

It was pathetic imo
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

What am I missing?

It was pathetic imo
    I stopped going to Springsteen shows 6 years ago. And that is after seeing him 63 times. I didn't even bother staying up for SNL. His shows are now nothing more than a commercial money grab with boring repetitive new music. But....the original Darkness tour and the original River tour were absolutely incredible. Just the boys from Jersey without the token wife taking over the stage. I cherish those memories.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'll be dragg...er...um...going with my girlfriend to the Philly show, I'm sure.
    If you pretend to be TOTALLY into it, like its a life-changing event, you'll probably get lucky. Refer to him as The Boss a lot.

What am I missing?

It was pathetic imo
    I like a lot of Springsteen's stuff, but have to agree that performance last night was not very good. Sounds like he might finally be starting to loose his vocal range, especially on that first song he sounded pretty bad. I have never seen him live, but would if he came close to me (which he never does anymore). He is not someone I am willing to travel to Detroit or Chicago to see.

What am I missing?

It was pathetic imo
    He's old, vocal range isn't what it was, and the E St energy wasn't there. Like a lot of acts PE likes, as he's gotten past 60 the tempos have slowed. The "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" at the end of the show had three times the fun that the first two numbers had.

Now if you want to hear them back in the day when they were still hungry...

If that doesn't move you, well then Bruce isn't your cup of tea. Myself, I've seen him several times, both back in the day and once he got the band back together. Everytime he does his best to blow the roof off the place.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm just not a fan of his tunes, but I've heard from everyone that he was/is a powerhouse live.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

In case anyone/everyone missed it, here's Sir Paul channeling his inner-most "Linda" as he joins Bruuuuuuuce for the show finale of appropriately, what else....
    "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town".

Five guitars?! Two keyboards?
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Five guitars?! Two keyboards?
    Well, it's not like Patti or Soozie's acoustic guitars are ever up in the mix. When Soozie is playing violin you can hear her. On a TV set, the chance of hearing those two on anything but vocals is nonexistent.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart