Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IQ - "Live On The Road Of Bones" 2-CD Archive Collection release

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Finally arrived today in NYC.

A note: Ordered on Dec 6th, mailed on 12-27 so the likelihood it's lost is slim, there was obviously a delay in mailing.
    Yes, I think there were two (or even three) bulk mailings... everyone should have it soon!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, sorry, FORever Live! Haven't watched that yet. I think I have old VHS of that?
    Listened to the Live Road of Bones today, almost completely. Brilliant stuff. Band is awesome, sound is great. Excellent setlist.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    I ordered mine on December 6.
    Got mine today!

Mine showed up today, too!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Still nothing here...but glad to hear it probably just shipped late.

My shipping confirmation e-mail arrived this morning!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

we'll see which Ontario boy gets their copy first Progatron, I got my shipping confirmation e-mail on the 30th so I'm also watching the mail.

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

No shipping confirmation email...

Take off, hosers!

I never did get a shipping confirmation FWIW, listened to the first CD last night, sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Still nothing here...but glad to hear it probably just shipped late.
    It's because Mike Holmes Hates you!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    we'll see which Ontario boy gets their copy first Progatron, I got my shipping confirmation e-mail on the 30th so I'm also watching the mail.

I've had mine for over a week, that's why I thought it was funny that I just got the confirmation this morning!

Got mine today! I'm bummed that they don't do The last Human Gateway on it!

Probably the best version of "Outer Limits" that I've heard. Overall it's a very good album, but that makes it really something.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Probably the best version of "Outer Limits" that I've heard. Overall it's a very good album, but that makes it really something.
    Yes, Outer Limits was great, but did they not play the opening of the song (it usually starts slow with bass, then adds keys), or did they just cut it from the CD?

I still have not seen anything yet in new hampshire...ordered on dec. 4...still says pre-order...maybe mike holmes hates me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    Yes, Outer Limits was great, but did they not play the opening of the song (it usually starts slow with bass, then adds keys), or did they just cut it from the CD?
    I don't know - it sounds like they've just left that bit out. Effective as it is on the studio version I don't think it's any great loss live.

I think Peter's vocals have actually improved as he's aged - quite an achievement. Where once they were weak but characterful now I think they are quite strong (or maybe I'm just used to them...)

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Yay! My copy came today! It will have to wait. Listening to David Bowie is more important to me right now.

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, that is one HIGH shipping charge! 7.25 British Pounds, which is almost $11. Lots of CDs cost less than that! Total is almost $30.

Do you think it really costs near $11 to ship that CD? I'm guessing it will be in a light-weight cardboard sleeve as they usually are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    It's £3.10 in the uk which is pretty steep for delivery and handling. Maybe it includes PayPal commission.. If they had listed at £15 I wouldn't quibble as its a must have, but when it's priced at £12 it's a bit of a shock when the postage is added.
    I see Laser's Edge now has this in stock for $16. (Queue game show "losing sound": Wha-wha-wha-whaaaaaaaaaaaa....................)