Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Anderson says he would 'rejoin' Yes but...

Jon Anderson says he would 'rejoin' Yes but...

only for the Hall of Fame gig if they get inducted!

Can't post a link but there is a statement from Jon in the latest classic rock magazine that he would be up for it and says he has never really left 'YES' ?

BTW, how are they doing in the voting stakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    only for the Hall of Fame gig if they get inducted!

Can't post a link but there is a statement from Jon in the latest classic rock magazine that he would be up for it and says he has never really left 'YES' ?

BTW, how are they doing in the voting stakes?

I think he would rejoin Hall of Fame or not---he loves Yes---and if he made up with Howe---and RIck came back in--and they got a top notch bass player like they did with ABWH---he'd do one big money making tour.

the HOF are strict about original lineups. so if Yes get in (which is a long shot) they will insist on Jon Anderson accepting and singing. it's time for Jon Anderson to come home where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    the HOF are strict about original lineups..
    There have been occasions where the band insisted on using its current lineup, even when original members were present...Blondie being the prime example. Doubt this would happen in Yes' case though-- More likely they'd put a bunch of past and present members on together.

[so if Yes get in (which is a long shot)]

Not any more of a long shot than Deep Purple getting in. Actually, I don't think it's a long shot at all. I would actually be quite surprised if they didn't get in this time especially since they are number two on the votes behind Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    the HOF are strict about original lineups.
    No, they're really not.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    There have been occasions where the band insisted on using its current lineup, even when original members were present...Blondie being the prime example. Doubt this would happen in Yes' case though-- More likely they'd put a bunch of past and present members on together.
    Heart was another case like this. The classic lineup guys (the ones who were actually inducted) got to get up on stage and perform a song or two with the current lineup, I believe, but the current lineup played the bulk of the set. I thought that was sort of bush league by the Wilson sisters, actually, since supposedly they're on good terms with everyone now, including Roger Fisher.

With Yes, I'm sure they'd be willing to have JA join them for at least some of their set, and I doubt the HOF would really care that much.

Deep Purple would actually be a more interesting situation. Under the way the HOF typically does things, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes and Ritchie Blackmore would almost certain be inducted along with the entire rest of the Mk. II lineup. Getting Ian Gillan to to share a stage with any of those three...now THAT would be a brilliant piece of diplomacy. Ironically, Steve Morse's total tenure in Purple far exceeds Blackmore's now, and yet he probably wouldn't be inducted.

I guess what he means by saying that he "never really left YES" was that he had to retire due to his health problems, as opposed to "quit" ! However I don't see any reason why he couldn't do a short tour as his health appears to improved!
    Last edited by Rufus; 12-02-2015 at 05:16 PM.

He never quit Yes because his mojo is what powered it. He took Yes with him in a way....

APB has more Yes mojo than Yes currently and it's easy to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, they're really not.
    They really should be because it seems a joke in Yes' case for all the members who didn't contribute to Yes greatness get in the HOF when there are so many other important groups who are still not in ----Didn't see Anderson Ponty but guess I should have to see if JA really still has the mojo

If Yes gets into the HOF, and I think they will,this year, I suspect those inducted will,be Anderson Banks Bruford Kaye Squire Howe Wakeman White and Rabin. I think they will get in this year sadly because Chris' death reminded so many people of his and Yes' influence. And if they get in they will perform Roundabout, All Good People and Owner of a Lonely Heart at their induction. I also think Chicago and Deep Purple get in, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by carollover View Post
    If Yes gets into the HOF, and I think they will,this year, I suspect those inducted will,be Anderson Banks Bruford Kaye Squire Howe Wakeman White and Rabin. I think they will get in this year sadly because Chris' death reminded so many people of his and Yes' influence. And if they get in they will perform Roundabout, All Good People and Owner of a Lonely Heart at their induction. I also think Chicago and Deep Purple get in, finally.
    well hope you are right as that list of memebers makes sense--although Moraz should be in there too!

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    Heart was another case like this. The classic lineup guys (the ones who were actually inducted) got to get up on stage and perform a song or two with the current lineup, I believe, but the current lineup played the bulk of the set. I thought that was sort of bush league by the Wilson sisters, actually, since supposedly they're on good terms with everyone now, including Roger Fisher.

With Yes, I'm sure they'd be willing to have JA join them for at least some of their set, and I doubt the HOF would really care that much.

Deep Purple would actually be a more interesting situation. Under the way the HOF typically does things, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes and Ritchie Blackmore would almost certain be inducted along with the entire rest of the Mk. II lineup. Getting Ian Gillan to to share a stage with any of those three...now THAT would be a brilliant piece of diplomacy. Ironically, Steve Morse's total tenure in Purple far exceeds Blackmore's now, and yet he probably wouldn't be inducted.
    Deep Purple was Mk ll period. Machine Head is their Hall of Fame record. Other good stuff too, but Machine Head and Made in Japan, that did it for them. Steve Morse? You're kidding right? He's still subbing for Blackmore, sorry. Has done nothing for their legacy other than touring and playing Blackmore's historic stuff.

Put The Dregs in before Morse with DP.

No YES without Jon Anderson. Call it what you want... fight about the legalities in court... whatever. Jon was and is YES.
    Howe, Anderson and Squire held down the three points.

<<<<He never quit Yes because his mojo is what powered it. He took Yes with him in a way....

APB has more Yes mojo than Yes currently and it's easy to see why.>>>>

A completely unscientific, non-statistical and non-legal statement.

And yet, somehow, quite true . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I think Yes' induction performance should include Anderson, Horn, Benoit and Davison doing a four-part harmony of "We Have Heaven."

Not really.

We might find that one of the others sounds more like Jon than Jon.

Not really.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skullhead View Post
    No YES without Jon Anderson. Call it what you want... fight about the legalities in court... whatever. Jon was and is YES.
    Agree 100%---it is what it is----Jon Anderson was always self-indulgent but in the 70's it worked--unfortunately as the years went on his self-indulgence didn't really work---but still you are correct. He always had gravitas especially when he sang the classics.

Personally, i think Chicago and Deep Purple deserve it as much as YES! Esp. Chicago who have bridged the gap between jazz and rock like no other, and when Terry Kath was still alive there was more talent on that stage than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullhead View Post
    So then Drama and Fly From Here were not YES albums?

Quote Originally Posted by YESHEAD777 View Post
    Personally, i think Chicago and Deep Purple deserve it as much as YES! Esp. Chicago who have bridged the gap between jazz and rock like no other, and when Terry Kath was still alive there was more talent on that stage than ever!
    Chicago's first 8 albums were a brilliant blend of pop rock and jazz. I still listen to them regularly. they lost me when David Foster got hold of them, got rid of the horns and made Cetera front and center with sappy ballads. Jimi Hendrix said shortly before he died that Terry Kath was his favorite guitarist.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    well hope you are right as that list of memebers makes sense--although Moraz should be in there too!
    Moraz only played on one album - and not one of the albums that they're known for. May as well put Trevor Horn in, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Moraz only played on one album - and not one of the albums that they're known for. May as well put Trevor Horn in, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    yeah but it was their golden era where they were playing to massive crowds and at their peak---he was with them 3 years---grant it ---it was only one studio and one live album--maybe Trevor Horn should be in their as 90125 success was in great part to his production.

Jon Anderson says he would 'rejoin' Yes but...he blew out his voice at the end of a 3-week tour and had to have the fans sing "Roundabout" for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Jon Anderson says he would 'rejoin' Yes but...he blew out his voice at the end of a 3-week tour and had to have the fans sing "Roundabout" for him.
    Wow. I'd love to see a youtube clip of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Wow. I'd love to see a youtube clip of that!
    No video that I could find, just the report from the guitarist: http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...l=1#post486221