Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 PE Donation Drive

I'll renew

This place is great.

Even though I rarely post I do snag most of my new music based on comments here.

I just did.

And there's a lot of back payments in that.

Really, three or four times as much wouldn't have been enough.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I thought this thread would have more postings, donations, given the shortfall and the fact that the moderators never ask for money. This site is top notch and doesn't run for free. This thread should be at 5 or more pages right now. If you haven't donated and use this site regularly and can afford it, what is stopping you?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I thought this thread would have more postings, donations, given the shortfall and the fact that the moderators never ask for money. This site is top notch and doesn't run for free. This thread should be at 5 or more pages right now. If you haven't donated and use this site regularly and can afford it, what is stopping you?
    What makes you think that everyone who donated felt compelled to tell everyone else about it?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wanna star... a big shiny STAR!
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What makes you think that everyone who donated felt compelled to tell everyone else about it?
    I`m sure some people didn`t tell everyone. I just thought more posts would be found on such an important thread.

So far out of the 1000s of readers that drop by 165 have cracked this thread open. The rest have not. So THANK YOU to those that did!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So far out of the 1000s of readers that drop by 165 have cracked this thread open. The rest have not. So THANK YOU to those that did!
    How has the surge (hopefully) in donations helped with the finances? Is the ship righted, or still teetering?

The eons are closing
    While I visit infrequently now (and usually to bust Klonk's chops in the NHL thread); it is important to the 'scene' that this places continues.

So....DONE!
    Transaction ID: 2R410018VV3923343

All the best,

- Thomas
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

How has the surge (hopefully) in donations helped with the finances? Is the ship righted, or still teetering?
    Well, Sean needs a new amp, so keep it coming!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

In all seriousness, my understanding is that between this thread and the chat room closing thread, there have been quite a few donations received so far. So thanks for your contribution in keeping this board active and running!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I think the avatar star tells it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    mmmmhhh!!!... I opened up this thread at least five or six times, and I suppose that most other posters have done around the same time.... so the "success rate" is much higher than that 16% rate
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Ah, like taking candy from a baby. Hope this helps!
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

I'm surprised that there are not significantly more donations rolling in, and yet for the small price of a CD we can each keep our favourite place on the web alive for another year.

This has been an awe-inspiring donations drive, and PE's members once again showed what a wonderful community we have here.

(Bear in mind that many members donated without commenting about it in this thread.)

I'm happy to report that we'll be okay with our hosting and other expenses in 2016, and part of the following year as well. And according to my math I'm confident that the normal flow of donations will allow us to take care of the coming years, and PE's future is secure.

Many thanks to everyone!

More information here:
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...Administrators
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent news
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I just want to reiterate what Duncan said....

Thanks for the generous outpouring of donations!! PE's future is secured for the next year and a bit beyond that so thanks for stepping up to the plate and saving PE for the future! We appreciate it more than we can say and your continued involvement when it comes to topics and discussion here are what makes this place tick.

I feel like this version of PE finally hit it's stride this year (after the move from v2.0) so I'm glad to see it continue! If someone asked me back in the early 2000s if we'd still be at this 15 years later I would have said "no idea! I hope so!".

Shall we go for 20?

Happy Holidays to you all!

-S
    Last edited by Sean; 12-09-2015 at 11:47 AM.

I missed the point that people are donating but not posting here. This is great news!

Great to hear!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Excellent news. Kudos to all who donated, and thanks again to all who keep this place running.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Cool as fook!

You may be a bunch of assholes but you're my kind of assholes!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Done. Merry Christmas, and thanks for everything!