Thread: Knower

Knower

My nephew turned me on to this band the other day thinking i would like it. I was immediately in love and got everything these folks have done

Genevieve Artadi and Louis Cole. A very cool and inspiring pair of musicians. Both multi-instrumentalists and composers. Brilliant, inspiring stuff. Some of you may dig 'em

This live performance is stunning:

Time Traveler (live)

Here are some more videos - they work the videos heavily

Trust the Light

Paying the Price
    Last edited by Polypet; 12-01-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

These are cool too. I highly recommend the albums though. Clearly, they are very diverse stylistically and the albums are very good

Gotta Be Another Way

Window Shop (live)

Hanging On
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

BTW, Louis Cole is a badass drummer (kind of in the Jojo Meyer/Adam Dietch jazz/drum 'n' bass mode).

Cool stuff, Kim! I liked the first tune from the get go, but the more tunes I heard, the more they grew on me. They're very creative and versatile while managing to sound somewhat related to modern pop. Nice integration of sequencers and real instruments (and yes, that guy's a good drummer)! And no trite chord progressions; kudos for that!

I'm not convinced they're going to get much love around here, but I liked it enough to purchase an album or two. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, the first two albums are especially excellent ("Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi" and "Think Thoughts"). She plays intruments also in Knower. She's a very tasty keyboard player. Her new solo album is very good. She plays everything on it (with a few guests on some tracks).

This is especially lovely and not on an album:

Somehow this reminds me of Everything Everything, this high energy synthi-pop with clever vocal-arrangements. I like the bass-parts a lot.

And lest you think they're a synth pop or electronica band (strictly speaking)... um, no - and this is a very cool video which reminds me a little of our friend Eyal's work.

Enjoy

Daft Punk - Get Lucky cover by Knower

^
    I love the reharm! Wish it was that arrangement when I play that stupid song with the wedding band I'm in.

BTW, where did you find their albums, Kim? It's not so easy.
    Last edited by No Pride; 12-01-2015 at 09:45 PM.

My nephew heard one of their songs at a friend's house. He said they reminded him of me and he thought I might like it. So he sent me a link to the song (Let Go). I loved what I heard and found their web site.

It's really good stuff, eh? It really demands repeat listens to get everything going on musically.

Wow - - I gotta get me some of this stuff!

They have some cool ideas. 'Fuck the makeup, skip the shower' is great. Otherwise, a bit patchy.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    ^
    I love the reharm! Wish it was that arrangement when I play that stupid song with the wedding band I'm in.

BTW, where did you find their albums, Kim? It's not so easy.
    I noticed they do have a bandcamp-site http://knowermusic.bandcamp.com/ but there are only downloads on them.

Their own website is a disaster I think http://knowermusic.com/

Amazon has some albums, but most of them aren't cheap.

I didn't think they even had actual CDs. I just got the downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I didn't think they even had actual CDs. I just got the downloads.
    It looks like two of their albums were released on CD in Japan, Covers (with Get Lucky) and Let Go (with 10 bonus-tracks)

Sometimes their stuff reminds me of my beloved Imogen Heap (even if I was disappointed with her last album).