Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rosfest

Rosfest

Seems funny that there have been no new announcementx for what, 3 months? Even more surprising I haven't seen any threads along these lines. Still three acts to announce and gold seats went on sale two months ago. Has anyone heard from George, is he ok? If he is having trouble signing the last three acts I'll add I'd love to see Little Atlas.

I don't think I am dreaming this........George sent out a message on Facebook around the holidays announcing that Pain Of Salvation had been added to the lineup. However it is not on the ROSfest web site and I have seen no mention of it here on PE which is kind of strange.......

Steve Sly

POS at Rosfest? That would be rather cool pick out of left field. I lost interest in them with the "Be" album, but I still wouldn't mind seeing them live. Not unusual that they have not made an announcement, the regular ticket sale date is not for another month, and they already announced most of the lineup.

If he is having trouble signing the last three acts I'll add I'd love to see Little Atlas.[/QUOTE]

Saw them at the first Rosfest. They were very good!

I really, really wanted to be at ROSfest 2013 - particularly to see Pain Of Salvation - but I can't.

I'll be surprisingly close to Gettysburg: Will be doing an "extreme hike" that runs from the MD/PA border, along the Maryland section of the Appalachian trail, to Harpers Ferry in WV ... 42 miles, which we have to finish in less than 16 hours (though I'm hoping to beat 12 hours).

This event only occurs every 2 years, and 2013 will be the last time I intend to do it.

Regards,

Duncan

Just send your wife, she's a lot more attractive!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I am not sure yet whether or not I will be attending RF this year. I didn't go last year unfortunately and thought I could at least do every other year. I like the lineup but if the Flower Kings do a mini tour that includes somewhere near me I'll probably do that instead. Still, I wouldn't mind going. If I don't go I'll more than likely do PD this year(after a five year absence)and try to do RF 2014. For, those who do go please enjoy yourselves and drink lots of beer!
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 01-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I'm sitting on the fence with RF this year.
    Well make sure you don't get a hole in your jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Just send your wife, she's a lot more attractive!
    Very true!

Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    POS at Rosfest? That would be rather cool pick out of left field. I lost interest in them with the "Be" album, but I still wouldn't mind seeing them live. Not unusual that they have not made an announcement, the regular ticket sale date is not for another month, and they already announced most of the lineup.
    They were outstanding live when we had them at ProgDay. Really nice guys too.

Steve Sly

Actually, there are only two openings left... a Friday supporting act and the Sunday headliner.

I don't know why George hasn't updated the website. I'll see if Krista can use an electric cattle prod on him... nah, he'd enjoy that too much!

I don't know if I'm going to make it this year, either, because I still haven't got a job and time is running out to tell a new employer that I need the first weekend in May off to attend a Prog festival... uh huh! Another alternative is to move east to find a job and then I'll already be close to the RoSFest venue... well, anything under 8 hours is close to me!

I like much of the line-up, especially Riverside and PoS, and of course, TFK is always a treat! I'm just dying to know the Sunday Headliner, and if that will give me a bigger incentive to make it out there this year.

I'm really hoping to go, but just like last year, it will be down to the wire, I think, pretty last minute. At least I no longer have to pay several hundred dollars in airfare just to fly out of Alaska!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    This may be my first ROSfest, I like about half the line-up and with no NF & Baja being a combination of too far and having seen most of the line-up it's seeming a possibility.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I haven't seen any mention of POS either.

Since I saw Discipline last year and VDGG the year before, the next band on my bucket list is POS. If they are going to be at Rosfest I am in trouble. With the politcal situation WRT education in Ontario, principals have to contact the superintendents if they are going to be sick, go to work that day, and if they are still sick they MIGHT be able to take the day off. I couldn't go to an out of town meeting for a student with mental illness who is coming to my school in a month. That being said, I have to find a way if POS in the band. My last resort is to have some surgery that I need and have my wife attend and drive me around.

If POS is the band, I MUST find a way to attend.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

If POS is the band, I MUST find a way to attend.[/QUOTE]

I double checked and George did send out a public facebook announcement on Dec 24 regarding Pain Of Salvation playing the festival. He did not specify which day or time slot.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    This may be my first ROSfest, I like about half the line-up and with no NF & Baja being a combination of too far and having seen most of the line-up it's seeming a possibility.
    You'll know a lot of people there, Ian!

Tony, you're starting to sound desperate, perhaps even a bit crazed. The headlines will read "Middle School Principal breaks his kneecap with ball peen hammer in order to attend prog fest".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I attended last year for one day only to see IQ (again.)

This year, I may do the same to see Asturias. I'm hoping like hell for a Sunday night headliner that's to my liking, to push it over the top.

I definitely don't want anything related to Neil Morse or the Flower Kings, so I'm guessing that my odds aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

Well Ian, you can always go to your car and listen to Univers Zero, Henry Cow, Thinking Plague and Magma cds when the bands you don't like are playing.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

According to Krista, the webmaster for RosFest.com is on vacation and that's why nothing has been updated lately. That will change soon. She assures that Pain of Salvation IS indeed playing this year.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

If Krista says it is happening, I have not choice but to do it. I'll make one last attempt with my superintendent. If I don't get the OK by the time regular tickets go on sale, there are two surgeries I need so I can decide which one I'll use.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Well Ian, you can always go to your car and listen to Univers Zero, Henry Cow, Thinking Plague and Magma cds when the bands you don't like are playing.
    Sounds like a plan, I'll be the guy in the Got RIO? and Univers Zero T-Shirts.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislavski View Post
    Well make sure you don't get a hole in your jeans.
    or a post up you a**.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    , there are two surgeries I need s
    Must refrain from all inappropriate jokes because I like Tony.

George also sent out a recent email stating that he was desperately trying to get Steven Wilson for the Sunday headliner, but the two could not make the dates work. Any ideas now about the final headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Must refrain from all inappropriate jokes because I like Tony.
    I'll never refrain from inappropriate comments about Tony, BECAUSE I too like him.