Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rosfest

I am a big POS fan, but have different views from Daniel on politics, religion, etc. That being said, I saw them at ProgPower in Atlanta a few years ago and they were amazing. No speeches or rants, just great music.

Never been to a prog festival (outside of ProgPower in Atlanta where I live). But, this lineup is amazing. Big fan of Flower Kings, Riverside, POS, Jolly. Going to have to find a way to make it there.

Rick..

I certainly will go in expecting to enjoy. I can enjoy many artists live that will not translate to listening to in a non-concert state. Examples for me were,
    Gosta Berlings Saga
    Metamorfosi
    Salem Hill

Great line-up this year! So great in fact that me and 2 CalProg exec staffers will be there. We are all very excited!
    CalProg Presents: Stick Men & The Aristocrats - Jan 25, 2014
    CalProg Website

I will probably miss this, but this is the strongest, most diverse line-up George has assembled.

That video of POS that whoever posted as far as i'm concerned ISN'T POS any more...they lost about a fourth of that band pictured there...the whole Road Salt band just doesn't cut the mustard for me any more personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    That video of POS that whoever posted as far as i'm concerned ISN'T POS any more...they lost about a fourth of that band pictured there...the whole Road Salt band just doesn't cut the mustard for me any more personally.
    Except that the lineup in the video is the same lineup that recorded both Road Salt albums. The new lineup, where three members changed (one of which was a former member returning to the band) hasn't been on a recording yet. That being said, they managed to change members before and sound pretty good.

Changing the subject slightly, anyone know what the schedule on Friday would be like? My wife would like to see The Flower Kings again, but I also need to deal with picking my son up from school and delivering him to my parents before the show starts. I'd like to know how much I'd be missing in all of that.

According to the Rosfest site, Friday schedule is:
    Friday May 3rd

Bolus – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm

The Flower Kings – 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Bleh. Before I couldn't find it, but this time there was this link that said "2013 Schedule". I feel stupid.

So, there will be another band before Bolus? Probably will most definite miss that, and may miss some of Bolus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
    Bleh. Before I couldn't find it, but this time there was this link that said "2013 Schedule". I feel stupid.

So, there will be another band before Bolus? Probably will most definite miss that, and may miss some of Bolus.
    That final spot on Friday is for the after hours band at the party.
    Iggyrawks

RoSfest
    May 2nd, 3rd & 4th 2014
    www.rosfest.com

Ambition: THE ONE WHO SAYS IT CAN'T BE DONE IS GENERALLY PASSED UP BY SOMEONE DOING IT

Mr. Rawks - What do you call a large group of people, goods and camels traveling through the desert?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Mr. Rawks - What do you call a large group of people, goods and camels traveling through the desert?
    I saw them last year at RIO and to be honest was a bit disappointed, maybe my expectations were a bit too high.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I just booked a hotel room for Rosfest so if all goes well and I'm able to get a ticket I plan on going. This will be my fifth RF.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Wow, the Geezer has added "subtlety" to his repetoire.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

speaking of camels.....................

I'll take Cunning Stunts for $1,000 Alex.

Am I in the wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Not true. I've interviewed him twice, and he got very poilitical - and did not take this position at all.

He's a very deep thinker and had all of his points well organized ... though to be frank, some of his ideas seemed a bit off-the-wall.

The Wikipedia quote is correct.

This thread is about ROSfest, not politics.
    Yes I know. I understand that but I didn't start the discussion about him. So please don't dump this on me. Since the cat was out of the bag I thought it only fair that it be made known what exactly it was about him that was so controversial. I don't feel my inquiry or questions were out of line or any more off topic than what was already discussed. But now that it's been explained we can go back to our regularly scheduled topic(ie Rosfest).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yes I know. I understand that but I didn't start the discussion about him. So please don't dump this on me. Since the cat was out of the bag I thought it only fair that it be made known what exactly it was about him that was so controversial. I don't feel my inquiry or questions were out of line or any more off topic than what was already discussed. But now that it's been explained we can go back to our regularly scheduled topic(ie Rosfest).
    'K
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So we need to ignore Morse preaching but you get to be upset about a possible (unlikely) Gildenow rant? See a double standard at all? Unbelievable (pun)
    I'm not upset, since I highly doubt he will do that. Wouldn't mind talking to him though about his US experiences that soured him. No, I would argue, I just think it would be interesting.

Sorry, Thomas ^^^^^^

You should have just left the can of worms that indeed you started closed. Don't even think about separating or creating a difference between spiritual/religious beliefs and ideological beliefs. They're the same.
    I wasn't even talking about comments from the stage, as I know Morse does not do that, and as said here, neither does Gildenlow. You have to know that I do tolerate a lot of lyrics I disagree with. It takes quite a lot to turn me off to the music. I can't even count how many songs I own that preach atheism, or left wing politics. They have to be rather extreme to cause me to not want to listen. I don't see how Morse's lyrics fall into that extreme catagory.

Now we can add Shadow Gallery to the fest! What a great and diverse lineup, May can't come soon enough! Can we say sellout? I think I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't at least come close to that.

I hope I can make it. This is a STELLAR line-up!!!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain