Thread: Gan Eden - Israeli group

Gan Eden - Israeli group

Hey, just noticed that the Gan Eden "album" has been put out on LP and CD this year. It's material from the 70s, not sure if it ever was released back then or just super-rare.

Does anyone know if this reissue is "legit" / done with permission? The label is Israeli which is a good sign, but I've heard nothing about it.

Hi,
    I have the album, haven't listened to it yet (still in shrink)
    It looks legit, and is part of a vinyl resurgence of sorts-
    If you are interested in Israeli prog / psych, there are better things that also got a reissue on vinyl this year:

Zingale (prog)
    The Churchils / Jericho Jones (psych)
    The high windows (psych)
    Ktzat Acheret (No names) (prog, gentle giant influenced)
    Apocalypse (psych prog)

Thank you for the response. I have Zingale, Churchill's/Jericho and No Names from previous issues. I am not familiar with High Windows although I see Arik Einstein was in it. I heard Apocalypse many years ago.

High Windows is more early psych, it is from 67 when everything else around was basically folk / russian folk / army bands, so it is considered one of Israel first true rock albums.
    From the list above this is one of my favourites but not because of its "progressive" merits but because of the songcraft and the impact this record had.
    Same goes for Apocalypse too- it was the first "progressive" israeli album, predating Zingale and Atmosphera by a few years, it was also one of the first to deal with serious lyrics, mostly written by contemporary poets at the time.
    Again, I do not know how this would appeal to a non-hebrew speaker...

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Same goes for Apocalypse too- it was the first "progressive" israeli album, predating Zingale and Atmosphera by a few years, it was also one of the first to deal with serious lyrics [...] Again, I do not know how this would appeal to a non-hebrew speaker...
    I really dig the Apocalypse. It retains both the aggression and melodicism of Churchills, but the Hebrew vocals add a great touch to it all. I suppose its tyle is kind of post-psych hard rock with some proto-progressive elements and the odd folky bit as well. That second track with the female vox ("Eukalyptus Tree"?) almost sounds like an early Sheshet tune.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Atmosphera is just released first time on vinyl, with the original cover (different to the Mio CD edition).
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Atmosphera is just released first time on vinyl, with the original cover (different to the Mio CD edition).
    There is no original cover since it was never released in realtime.
    I guess they dont have the rights for the new cover, which was made by Me El Ma, drummer of atmosphera.
    I know for a fact that the original Mio CD was put out with the full band consent and involvement, not really sure about the vinyl LP but can easilly find out...

^^^

The cover of the Atmosphera LP reissue is the one listed below.:

R-7633632-1445589654-5647_jpeg.jpg

I probably have seen it in the booklet of the Mio CD because it really looked familiar to me (I used the term original as I think that it was one intended to be used for the LP). The label that released the LP (in two versions) is Anazitisi Records. The plus of the vinyl release is that it does not contain any of the CD filler tracks, apart from the two long tracks that intended to form the Nana album, thus it's stripped down to the absolutely essential, which is what I like i.m.o. For those not having heard the album, it is great Yes worship that's better than what Yes were doing in 1977.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS