Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush - SiriusXM Town Hall Interview with Michael Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    What a great interview!! Its pretty obvious that Neil is the cylinder that isnt firing. I would love for Geddy and Alex to do some film stuff - even the acting. I thought they have great onscreen presence - the R40 and earlier schticks - Just funny as hell.

I'm so glad that they are willing to do more. To me, Neil has always been just a bit of a wet blanket. I wonder if he truly appreciates the gift he has been given. At least not to the extent that Alex and Geddy have shown it. Gratitude is such a joyful thing and although I do not know Neil at all, it appears he has no enthusiasm for the people who have given him his success. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but to me as a fan, -compared to Geddy and Alex, he just seems to have missed out on a lot of happiness that they have. There is quite a disconnect between them and Neil.
    I suppose he said it best in Limelight eh...

"I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    What a great interview!! Its pretty obvious that Neil is the cylinder that isnt firing. I would love for Geddy and Alex to do some film stuff - even the acting. I thought they have great onscreen presence - the R40 and earlier schticks - Just funny as hell.

I'm so glad that they are willing to do more. To me, Neil has always been just a bit of a wet blanket. I wonder if he truly appreciates the gift he has been given. At least not to the extent that Alex and Geddy have shown it. Gratitude is such a joyful thing and although I do not know Neil at all, it appears he has no enthusiasm for the people who have given him his success. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but to me as a fan, -compared to Geddy and Alex, he just seems to have missed out on a lot of happiness that they have. There is quite a disconnect between them and Neil.
    I would advise that you never read his book about his motorcycle trip. Emotional healing is completely understandable, but the viciousness he has for other people that are doing nothing to him at all except to invade his eyesight is appalling...

Geddy, Alex, Ben Mink, Martin Deller - BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Geddy, Alex, Ben Mink, Martin Deller - BOOM!
    Nice call. But I'll bet Mike Portnoy is already camped outside Ray Daniels' door.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

New article/interview from the AVClub with Geddy on 40 years of Rush

http://www.avclub.com/article/geddy-...rs-rush-229214
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    New article/interview from the AVClub with Geddy on 40 years of Rush

http://www.avclub.com/article/geddy-...rs-rush-229214
    Cool. Some new bits in there I haven't seen before.

But the very end is significant:

AVC: Would you ever consider making a solo album again?

GL: Yes, I would. Definitely.
    If I were a betting man I'd predict we'll see a Geddy solo album before a new Rush album.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone know of any good books on Rush?
    What are you after? Books on lyrical interpretation? Philosophical and cultural discussions? Straight biography? Authorized? Unauthorized? Retrospectives?

There is a documentary DVD (Beyond The Lighted Stage) from several years back that touches on much of the above and no doubt brought in some new fans. That's definitely a good starting point if you're looking for a nice overview.

There are four bios and if you're just into the 70's and early 80's stuff they might be worth a look. The last one "Chemistry" (unauthorized) is more than 10 years old. The others (written in 1982, 1984 and 1987 ( Visions was authorized at the time)

Then you have the books lyrical interpretations, and the deeper connection with culture and philosophy which I won't bore you with (Although I'd be happy to)

There's also a retrospective looking back with the band from 2004 by the ubiquitous Martin Popoff called "Contents Under Pressure" which has the band looking in the rear view mirror at their 30 year career (to that point)

Not sure what is still in print and what isn't after taking a quick look at the shelf.

Hopefully I can be of more help if I knew more about what you are looking for.

There's also a book called Rush FAQ (Don't have it) which is from a series of band FAQ books.

Oh, and if you really like punishment, there are compilation books like ("Mereley Players" Typo on the front cover...nice!) and Rush Chronology which are kind of "This date in Rush history" books which compile release dates, memorabilia and other useless facts for the obsessed fan (like me!)

I'm sure I missed something, but this will further the conversation if interested.

haohaohao2
    thanks for posting
    Tank Trouble 2