Thread: JACO: A documentary

JACO: A documentary

I had a chance to see this at the Theater at the Ace Hotel in downtown LA on Sunday.

Really well done. A lot of great interviews, live footage, great old films and stills of Jaco growing up. And of course, his sad demise.

It was introduced by Flea, Robert Trujillo, Paul Marchand and Jaco's sons, Felix (a great bass player) and Jon.

If it comes to your town, don't hesitate, go see it.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Having seen the film you may have missed and be interested in my article, Three Views of Jaco, which covers the film, soundtrack and Weather Report's recent four-disc Legendary Live Tapes 1978-1981.

You can read the full piece (with context-setting intro) - or, if you wish to just read reviews of the individual titles, sans intro: JACO: The Film, JACO: Original Soundtrack and/or [I]The Legendary Live Tapes 1978-1981[/I].

Enjoy!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Having seen the film you may have missed and be interested in my article, Three Views of Jaco, which covers the film, soundtrack and Weather Report's recent four-disc Legendary Live Tapes 1978-1981.

[/URL].

Enjoy!
    Yes - a must read!