Thread: Flying Colors-Second Flight

Flying Colors-Second Flight

I admit to being of a fan of anything Morse/Portnoy related but Second Flight DVD is
    Truly excellent. Everyone plays as the top musicians they are and Casey McPherson is
    A great singer. I just wanted to comment on this release so it is not overlooked.
    Marltonfan

Quote Originally Posted by marltonfan View Post
    I admit to being of a fan of anything Morse/Portnoy related but Second Flight DVD is
    Truly excellent. Everyone plays as the top musicians they are and Casey McPherson is
    A great singer. I just wanted to comment on this release so it is not overlooked.
    Marltonfan
    It is a great album and had a bit o discussion when it came out. However I feel the material is so much better on the live DVD/CDs they have done after they were able to play the music for a couple of weeks prior to the recording. I was fortunate to see the first shows of both tours and they were phenomenal. Some people pretty much dismiss them because they are not "prog' enough but I enjoy the output because the mix of all the players really is pretty damn strong even if it isn't groundbreaking it is still some well written and played and sung music.