Thread: King Crimson Concert Story Contest

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

King Crimson Concert Story Contest

Hey, if you got the new DGM e-mail newsletter today, I got a sort of honorable mention in the contest they announced way back in August or September asking people to send in stories about KC Concerts they had attended:

"Each time we run a contest, we almost regret doing so because it is difficult to choose solely one winner. We loved so many stories, and although we are awarding just one winner, we enjoyed learning that Jed Levin attends KC concerts with the drummer from Phish, who is clearly a Fripp fan and shared so on tv..."

Actually, it was just one KC concert, and it was before he was the drummer from Phish, but still, I love the story so was glad they got a kick out of it. What happened was (sorry if you've heard this), I was friends with Jon Fishman back when I was in college and he was a high school senior, and we went to the KC Discipline show in Syracuse, NY. After the concert, when we left the theater, there was a local news camera covering the concert, and Fishman ran up to the camera and yelled "Fripp is a trip!" into it, and they showed that later that night on the news coverage. I always got a laugh out of that - Jon did a lot of things I got a laugh out of, like shaving his head and painting it completely red on Halloween. A lot of crazy partying, as well as jams in the garage, went on in his parents house. Good times...

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't heard much about JF's personality, but that definitely fits with wearing a dress on stage and playing solos with a vacuum cleaner.