Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Mr Fripp not amused in Toronto

It's nearly the best thread ever! Phil Collins ruined Fripp btw.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    This thread...
    The Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    The Oilers
    I know! Over the past decade they've failed almost as much as you in your attempt to make constructive commentary in this thread!

I spoke way too soon with my "full gamut" comment.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I know! Over the past decade they've failed almost as much as you in your attempt to make constructive commentary in this thread!

Nice! If you were able to read between the lines, you'd be able to figure out that I'm making a social commentary about the average IQ of a music fan. Maybe you should go join the Beatards over at Hoffman's place discussing whether or not Epstein gave Lennon a hand job or a blow job on their trip to Spain together

This thread has turned into a dipshit circle jerk. If PE was a store front, this would be the plastic dog turd in the window.

Nice! If you were able to read between the lines, you'd be able to figure out that I'm making a social commentary about the average IQ of a music fan. Maybe you should go join the Beatards over at Hoffman's place discussing whether or not Epstein gave Lennon a hand job or a blow job on their trip to Spain together

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This thread has turned into a dipshit circle jerk. If PE was a store front, this would be the plastic dog turd in the window.
    I attempted to point that out pages ago. Every music forum has this kind of nonsense, and this place is no different. So my conclusion: music fans are idiots. The funny thing is that a couple of months ago, some "genius" who posts both here and at Shiteville made a misguided remark at the Hoffamn Penitentiary about how much more intelligent conversation goes on here. Ahhhhhhhhh, no. Just no. I'm waiting for the resident GI Joe/Barbie Doll/Anime fanboy to appear here, posting pictures of his many deflated "waifus" sitting in a dusty corner of mommy and daddy's basement, next to his NRA approved rifles.

I attempted to point that out pages ago. Every music forum has this kind of nonsense, and this place is no different. So my conclusion: music fans are idiots. The funny thing is that a couple of months ago, some "genius" who posts both here and at Shiteville made a misguided remark at the Hoffamn Penitentiary about how much more intelligent conversation goes on here. Ahhhhhhhhh, no. Just no. I'm waiting for the resident GI Joe/Barbie Doll/Anime fanboy to appear here, posting pictures of his many deflated "waifus" sitting in a dusty corner of mommy and daddy's basement, next to his NRA approved rifles.
    There are smart and dumb people everywhere, including internet message boards. "SHITEVILLE" as you've called it, has been a great resource for discussing some aspects of music, like best pressings of an album, or music news, etc, but also has it's fair share of morons. This place has some really good discussion too but also has some arseholes who feel the need to tell everyone else how wrong they are all the time.

No different than anywhere else on the internet.

As you don't care about pissing people off here with your inane bravado, I don't care what people upstate are tired of being characterized as. You earn it, you own it, I always say.
    Um, sure... but since what they've "earned" is being one of the most populous states in the USA even if downstate is eliminated, I'm quite confused as to what you are talking about.

And fwiw, I've lived "there" where you live ALL of my life. The fact that you and JKL2000 do as well is no point of pride for me, btw. Oh, the pain.
    And this means... what exactly?

either you have consideration and respect for the audience members behind you
    or you hold up your bright glowing LED device between them and the artists they paid to see

no one can say 'the people behind me don't care if I hold up my bright glowing LED device between them and the stage'
    it is disrespectful, inconsiderate, selfish and annoying

the excuse 'well, everybody else does it' doesn't fly either
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?