Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise To The Edge 2015: Tribute To Chris Squire setlist

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    In other words: "Don't play any material the Steve Howe plays on pre-80's/90's." I think that was more the primary objective. Make of it what you will.
    Right, I wasn't saying that the aim was to restrict them from playing any of Yes' best material, just that that was the outcome. And like I said, they seem to have rolled with it well.
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    I make of it that Yes requested they not play material that they (Yes) would be playing on the Cruise. Why make more of it than that?
    To request not to play the same material that Yes would play on the Cruise is one thing. Even to request not to play anything they've played on their recent tour or two would be another thing. But to take away other 70's possibilities that the current Yes has not and may never play is another thing entirely. So that would mean that I'm talking about Relayer, Topographic and most of Tomato (sans Don't Kill the Whale which Yes is currently performing), which Yes has not performed nor likely will for the foreseeable future. Would've been a treat to hear the Portnoy band do some of that material and a shame that they weren't allowed to go there even though Yes won't deliver those goods, either.

So, that's what I'm making more of. Sorry if I was a bit snarky in my delivery.

Awesome show (but a shame about the technical issues).
    It's rare to watch a show and not have a clue what might be played next (just guesses - some right, most wrong).
    I was a bit surprised that there was no later day CS solo/collaboration material - especially considering Billy Sherwood was on board.
    Would love to know if anyone captured video of the Fish Medley - with all 4 bassists playing together on stage.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    People took video?

Can't believe that Portnoy didn't storm off the stage....
    You mean off the ship!

Even though it was a little annoying they seemed to allow photos everywhere, but in the main theater where Yes and Marillion played they didn't allow any long lenses. It actually bothered me less that in ordinary venues.