Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More successful that their successful parent

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    The Cap'ns brother?? In the Surf Punks?? That's some good trivia for sure!
    Yes, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Daryl Dragon himself has a connection with the Beach Boys - co-wrote a couple of songs, played as studio musician on an album, or something. So perhaps not so strange.

Rufus Wainwright I would venture is more successful than daddy Loudon III and as successful as momma Kate McGarrigle.
    I remember tomorrow

I'm thinking of Jarre and Vander's son that went o to bigger success than their dads did.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Thumbs View Post
    Rufus Wainwright I would venture is more successful than daddy Loudon III and as successful as momma Kate McGarrigle.
    I guess you're right! Looking up Loudon Wainwright III's chart placings, I'm amazed at how poorly he did. Even though he had a fluke hit single with "Dead Skunk" (#18), the album containing it didn't even crack the top 100. Nor, of course, did any of his others.

I don't think Michael Douglas is/was more famous than Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Yes, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Daryl Dragon himself has a connection with the Beach Boys - co-wrote a couple of songs, played as studio musician on an album, or something. So perhaps not so strange.
    Daryl was one of the deputies who went out on the road after Brian Wilson became unable to tour. As I recall, first it was Glen Campbell, who did a couple tours, then Daryl for a couple, then they finally settled on Brian Johnston. I'm pretty sure Daryl was also amongst the galaxy of session musicians who played on their records,too (they may have even recorded in the studio Daryl and Toni used to own).