Thread: I'm Walking, Complete Streetwalkers 1974-77 (15CD + Book Box Set)

I'm Walking, Complete Streetwalkers 1974-77 (15CD + Book Box Set)

Following on from its award winning Family box set Once Upon A Time, Snapper Music has created a new box of wonder on its Madfish imprint guaranteed to reinvigorate the reputation of one of the 1970s most underrated and ageless Rock bands.

I'm Walking, Complete Streetwalkers 1974-77 is a gloriously packaged 15 CD collection of Streetwalkers entire catalogue.

Formed from the ashes of Family and featuring the fertile combination of Roger Chapman's and Charlie Whitney's songwriting, Streetwalker produced 5 albums with 3 different line-ups in just under 3 years. Ditching the quirky subtlety of Family, Streetwalkers aimed for the mainstream with a funky, hard rocking style that acted as an ideal backdrop for Roger Chapman's unique voice and eclectic lyrics, Charlie Whitney's innovative blues-inflected guitar style, and the soulful contributions of guitarist/vocalist Bobby Tench.

Containing 15 CDs, including 2 replica CD singles with non-album b-sides, and a 92 page coffee table book with rare and unseen pictures and memorabilia, I'm Walking is a beautifully presented testament to a fondly remembered band.

Oh this one is tempting, but I spent a fortune on the Family box, I think shipping alone was $50 or something ridiculous. Anyway... I spun all the Streetwalkers vinyl the other week and there's some definite gems in the bunch. The live stuff has been released as well, most of it anyway!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"