Thread: Anglagard Show

Scruffynerfherder Scruffynerfherder's Avatar

Anglagard Show

Anglagard show was pretty damn awesome last night. This was my second prog show ever and I really enjoyed the whole experience. The musicianship was just incredible. I loved how the music flowed so flawlessly from heavy guitar to the soft and gently flute. Great experience. Great Crowd. Great night. I am sure everyone who was there last night could highly agree!

Yes, thoroughly enjoyable performances by a lovely group of fine musicians. I only regret not bringing enough cash along so as to buy some merch. The orange-on-black Hybris t-shirt looks great.

If I didn't have to work today I would have offered to drive the band to the airport! haha I hope they managed to find someone who had a vehicle large enough for them and their equipment! Those guitars riffs were just righteous......

Got to see them once. They were spectacular. Glad to hear they still have it. Nice you had a good time.

They're basically always great, but it's nice to hear that you got to see them in the first place.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I've seen them twice(both times at Nearfest). They were great both times.

Just out of curiosity, Scruffy, what was your first prog show?

Glass hammer Also an awesome show.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    They're basically always great, but it's nice to hear that you got to see them in the first place.

Naaaahhhh!!!!... They're just good to OK live...

Our brains do the rest.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

chalkpie
    Does anybody know if those new Anglagard T-shirts are available online?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Does anybody know if those new Anglagard T-shirts are available online?
    Ooh, I probably need one of those, if it isn't the one with the creepy Swedish, troll child.

Can't wait to see them on the cruise. Might be today, CTTOI.

i checked for the shirts on line - i assumed i would be able to find them - couldn't find them.
    i was in a rush to try to get a friend to the train station before the last train after the show, and didn't want to kill time at the merch table. regretting now.

and great show. really enjoyed seeing them with 2 guitarists - at nearfest (2012) they only had one. tho...missed seeing mattias on drums. nothing against the current drummer, but mattias has a unique and enjoyable stage presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerfherder View Post
    Anglagard show was pretty damn awesome last night. This was my second prog show ever and I really enjoyed the whole experience. The musicianship was just incredible. I loved how the music flowed so flawlessly from heavy guitar to the soft and gently flute. Great experience. Great Crowd. Great night. I am sure everyone who was there last night could highly agree!
    What's the lineup of the band these days?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ooh, I probably need one of those, if it isn't the one with the creepy Swedish, troll child.
    I've got one with an obese, latex strapon hermaphrodite rapist swinging a hacksaw and quoting lines from various characters in the Police Academy series franchise, face somewhat Manilow in shape, sporting large afro hairdo. You can have mine. It's pink/green with peeps for nipples.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I've got one with an obese, latex strapon hermaphrodite rapist swinging a hacksaw and quoting lines from various characters in the Police Academy series franchise, face somewhat Manilow in shape, sporting large afro hairdo. You can have mine. It's pink/green with peeps for nipples.
    You take Visa?

An absolutely awesome show, and what a gig for my first time at the NJ Proghouse. The place was absolutely packed, the sound was amazing, and they were absolutely sublime, playing both Hybris, in its entirety and then a second set of stuff their other discs. Great to see them up close like that, as I was pretty far back for both NEARfest sets. Anyone seeing them on CTTE, is in for a treat.

They were already sold out of some shirt sizes, so buy early, on the cruise.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    You take Visa?
    No can do, Frankie - sorry; only A.E. Platinums accepted here. The Āngla undies are way more expensive, though. You'll need a South Philly subway token to get to one of those yummies.