Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Bataclan

Genesis Bataclan

I believe this is the same concert venue where today's massacre occurred.

Happier and more innocent days:

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Best wishes to our Paris-area PEers and their families and friends.

^^

Prayers and well wishes.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Jakko on FB:
    Amazing crowd in Quebec.
    Absolutely fantastic. Came off stage on a high.
    Only to hear that Helen, the lovely lady who did our catering in September, had been shot in Paris. She was doing the catering at the Bataclan.
    Her boyfriend died in her arms.
    Senseless didn't begin to cover it

It is the same venue. There was a Gong archival release back in the 90's that was recorded at La Bataclan in 74 or 75, I believe.

VdGG at the same venue. I don't know why, but when I first heard about the horrible, tragic events that occurred at the Bataclan, my mind conjured up this vid which I'm so familiar with.

the bataclan is a stalwart on the euro club circuit. thoughts and good wishes to all. je suis paris.

Marillion have played at Le Bataclan regularly over the years, I saw them there several times.
    Feeling strange this morning after what has happened in my town. Messages of sympathy really help as far as l'm concerned.

chalkpie
    Still shocked and shaken up by this. Fucking depressing beyond words. My absolute best wishes, thoughts, and vibes go out to all the folks in France.

Everytime a terrorist attack happens here, I tell myself to stay true to the values that keep us all together and not to give in to fear or hatred.
    Once again the murderers targeted places and events related to a certain way of life - going out, enjoying life, listening to music...
    I saw Ange in Le Bataclan twenty years ago, and it was a passionate and life-affirming concert. I'll cherish these memories even more.
    My best thoughts and vibes go out to everyone.

Best wishes to the people of France, as they work their way through this heinous act of barbarism.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of France, and all peoples who face terrorism. The terrorists will not win.

I think all bands play the Bataclan at one point or another... Dream Theater recorded their Once In A LIVEtime album there... Transatlantic played there last year. It's absolutely chilling to imagine the band scrambling to make it backstage amid whizzing bullets. So senseless... and accomplished nothing. Only the mass murder of innocent people and a lifetime of anguish for their loved ones. Horrible.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Stay Strong Paris!!!!

Supertramp mentioned playing the Bataclan in their early years in the Paris double album liner note. Sorry to have heard the news about yesterday.

Gong Live au Bataclan in May of 1973 rules, I think it is my fave of theirs. Here's to dive bombing terrorists with flying teapots.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lexJpYRfPoA

Stay strong, indeed. And vigilant.

Reports were that an American band was playing there. Anyone know who?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Eagles Of Death Metal

^^

and also the Deftones

I always wanted to take a trip to Paris and see a gig there, it's one of those iconic venues, and I think the Gong release cemented it forever in my mind. What a senseless tragedy, just one of so many, I am so sad today and feel for those families caught up in the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first heard the sickening news about the Bataclan I immediately thought of Genesis and VDGG playing there. Many other prog heroes have played there too. My heart goes out to the people of France. France has always led the cause of freedom, so much so that I wish we could return The Statue of Liberty to them as a symbolic icon in defiance of evil. What just happened in Paris is not only a sad day for France, but also for the civilized world. But this just increases the effort to completely eliminate these horrible cockroaches from our planet.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

The Bataclan has seen many (if not most) 70's bands... Last time I was there was for Caravan in 2001 (Aymeric was also in the crowd)

"Theoretically" there is the Bataclan concert hall + restaurant (where the killing happened) and the Bataclan café (to which I've never been and I don't think it's contiguous).

Not sure what went wrong at one point, but in the last 10 years, there have been lots of unrest about the café over the recent years as young arabs regularly manifested against those fund-raising support galas about "zionist-border-keepers shooting on sight"

this dates from 08

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Stay strong, indeed. And vigilant.

Eagles Of Death Metal
    dumb f***ing name

Not a Death Metal band, they play garage/stoner rock.

They're safe and cancelled the next few dates and returned home.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpybunker View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to the people of France, and all peoples who face terrorism. The terrorists will not win.
    apparently a few related arrestations have occured in Brussels

======================

All of the ProgArchivers (some 10 or something) have reported alive.

Has Aymeric chimed in, here??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Keep love in your hearts. Don't let the hatred of terrorists, extremists, and fascists win!

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Marillion have played at Le Bataclan regularly over the years, I saw them there several times.
    Feeling strange this morning after what has happened in my town. Messages of sympathy really help as far as l'm concerned.
    LeFrog: the wishes and prayers of all America are with you and your countrymen today and for all days forward;

USA: 9-11
    France 11-13