Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Possible Reboot

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Possible Reboot

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/10...er-3000-reboot

Here's the Kickstarter page with some great info from Joel about why they need as much money as they are asking for. I'd totally dig this with a completely different cast plus having the old guys come in for goofy spots, especially Kevin Murphy. Sounds like this might really happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The Master would approve.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    The Master would approve.
    Of course I do, why do you think I started the bloody thread?

Also, of course, a really good answer.

I'm skipping Thanksgiving with the family this year as they are dicks so I'm doing MST3K all day. I think a Fugitive Alien blowout is in order.

They tried to kill him with a fork lift

Or the whole Rocky thing. Again? As good as it gets.

And what episode was it where Joel pulled off Crows arms? That was also a winner but I forget which one. The Awesome guide is falling apart and kinda hard to read and all the videotapes are trashed. Should have kept those tapes.

Episodes are available all over the interwebz

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Side-hacking is the thing to do
    And it doesn't hurt to have a low IQ
    Go around the corner and slide on your butt
    Make it look like a pound of ground chuck, yeah

Side-hack it Crow!

How I loved that show.

Chili peppers burn my gut.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

D-E-e-e-e-p H-U-R-t-i-n-g

ROWSDOWER!!!!

Crow: Slab Bulkhead!
    Servo: Fridge Largemeat!
    Mike: Punt Speedchunk!
    Crow: Butch Deadlift!
    Crow: Bold Bigflank!
    Mike: Splint Chesthair!
    Mike: Flint Ironstag!
    Crow: Bolt Vanderhuge!
    Mike: Thick McRunfast!
    Mike: Blast Hardcheese!
    Crow: Buff Drinklots!
    Servo: Trunk Slamchest!
    Crow: Fist Rockbone!
    Mike: Stump Beefknob!
    Servo: Smash Lampjaw!
    Crow: Punch Rockgroin!
    Mike: Buck Plankchest!
    Crow: Stump Chunkmen!
    Servo: Dirk Hardpec!
    Mike: Rip Steakface!
    Crow: Slate Slabrock!
    Servo: Crud Bonemeal!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

'You're not my father, you're Hitler."

Such a bummer Mike Nelson isn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Crow: Slab Bulkhead!
    Servo: Fridge Largemeat!
    Mike: Punt Speedchunk!
    Crow: Butch Deadlift!
    Crow: Bold Bigflank!
    Mike: Splint Chesthair!
    Mike: Flint Ironstag!
    Crow: Bolt Vanderhuge!
    Mike: Thick McRunfast!
    Mike: Blast Hardcheese!
    Crow: Buff Drinklots!
    Servo: Trunk Slamchest!
    Crow: Fist Rockbone!
    Mike: Stump Beefknob!
    Servo: Smash Lampjaw!
    Crow: Punch Rockgroin!
    Mike: Buck Plankchest!
    Crow: Stump Chunkmen!
    Servo: Dirk Hardpec!
    Mike: Rip Steakface!
    Crow: Slate Slabrock!
    Servo: Crud Bonemeal!
    That never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    ROWSDOWER!!!!
    One of my all-time favorite episodes.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Still don't remember Rowsdower, and I just watched a clip of his name being stated a hundred times. Damn.

So the Turkey Day Marathon is on the Kickstarter page, or that's what my links have told me. Since I told my family to fuck off, I guess I can't come over for Thanksgiving, and happy I am. Maybe I can get a little bit of this house clean while my miserable mother is away for a few hours. Plus, I can have a few laughs as the football officials can't get a call right and MST3K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who needs to listen to those idiot play-by-play asses, I can have the best of Tom and Crow T. to enhance the idiocy of the NFL, with some cleaning adventures in between.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It's done, and we have movie sign! They raised about 5.6 million in the end, most directly from Kickstarter. I missed the telethon they did in the final hours last night. So they say 14 episodes, including a holiday special, will be filmed next year. I hope its good, and I hope some suits take notice.

The link to Sunday's MST3K marathon is here, if you care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWg86LhybXo

They beat Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign record and I believe we will get 12 episodes with a Christmas episode and another "bonus" episode. 14 in total.

Hell's yeah, baby!

So one of the little girls at work(well, little woman) was giving me crap because I don't like Christmas movies/television shows. I've been watching all the old ones for so long they are very boring. Not much of the newer ones have anything that is worth watching except for Elf and maybe another here and there.

So I loaned her MST3K's version of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. Now THAT'S a Christmas movie worth watching. With the added bonus of Manos:Hands of Fate. I so wonder if she will even get through one episode.

ETA: Just watch the first few minutes. The New dudes do a song, Opening Band that's totally killer and quite funny.

ETA 2: KIM CATRALL! Kim Catrall.

Kim Catrall, Kim Catrall, Kim catrall and on and on.

That's what kills me about this show, those references to pop culture that are so meaningless. To boot, I was trying to explain the movie Porky's and Kim Catrall in it, yet I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. In a way, MST3K was Seinfeld before Seinfeld. That Seinfeld episode where they are trying to name the third tenor? Hit me right square in the forehead as I couldn't remember the guys name either and I asked everybody I knew.

Took a long while but I finally found out who it was, and that's the type of joke MST3K that did me in. It's Pythonesque in that every joke has a reason behind it you just have to know that ridiculous, inane reason.

ETA 3: Yeah, they broke the internet. I'm pretty sure my crappy computer could have handled the job better. And that's hilarious. Join that with Patton Oswalt and it's comedy silver. They have one working mic, FFS!

Anyway, this is totally worth watching if you are a Mistie.

Emasculating bint. It just doesn't get better than that one off riff.

ETA 4: I really need to get laid. I'm 47 and watching a puppet show get relaunched. As if things couldn't get sadder.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 12-14-2015 at 06:13 AM.

What's with the bloody crickets? Where are the three of you that dig this show?

So it's Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt as the new Mad's. They are, respectively, the spawns(God's only know how) of Dr. F. and TV's Frank. I'm totally stoked, even more than I was. I see those two as a coup from Joel and the guys. Is that the right word? ANYWAY....

I was looking and came across a hat with Tom Servo as a Dalek. Gonna buy it now because there's no way I cannot wear that. Now someone find me an Tom Servo action figure and my life would be complete.

Hey, I kicked-in for the campaign. I'm looking forward to see what they do with it. As Joel wrote in one of his posts, there is no way that the new series will compete with my nostalgia for when he was on the show. That's fine. I hope it finds an audience and comes roaring back for a good long run.

Bring it on.I threw some shekels in the pot.I hope all the old crew stop by for a few cameos/guest roles in the new regime.

Push the button,.......Patton.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Patton Oswalt
    Swell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    What's with the bloody crickets? Where are the three of you that dig this show?
    Big MST3K fan here. Sadly, I never had Comedy Central until after they had cancelled the show, but I caught one of the Turkey Day marathons at my parent's house and was hooked. I actually used to drive half an hour each way to their house in the dead of night to make sure their VCR was still set up correctly to record the late-night reruns of episodes I hadn't seen yet. Somewhere in my basement I've got piles of old videotapes, and several years ago I spent a ridiculous amount of time converting them all to DVD-R. Of course, now you can just watch most of the episodes on YouTube.

I was really excited when they announced they were going to show new episodes on the Sci-Fi channel, because I could actually watch first-run episodes at home. Sadly, I didn't think the Sci-Fi run was nearly as good as the CC episodes, but it was still top-priority viewing.

I was lucky enough to see Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy make a convention appearance in New Orleans to promote what ended up being the final season. They were hilarious in person, making inside jokes about the episodes that no one had actually seen yet, and drawing incredibly insulting caricatures of convention patrons. Then a couple years ago I saw Joel, Trace and Mary Jo doing one the live Cinematic Titanic shows. Between those two events, I managed to get the entire original cast (well, replace Josh Weinstein with Kevin) to sign my Amazing Colossal Episode Guide. Woo!

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't contribute to the kickstarter thing. I was on the verge of pledging $100 so I could download all the new episodes they create, and then common sense kicked in and said "Hey, you're about to spend A HUNDRED DOLLARS for just a handful of episodes with a new cast that may not even be any good", and I couldn't pull the trigger. I know, I suck.

Hopefully the new episodes will turn out great and revive interest in the show to the point where they can keep it going and convince some "mainstream" media outlet to show them. Because if they end up just being overpriced internet download things...I don't know that I'll go that far. I love the show, but I never bothered buying any of the expensive DVD sets they put out either ($50 for four episodes just seemed a little outrageous).
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post

I was really excited when they announced they were going to show new episodes on the Sci-Fi channel, because I could actually watch first-run episodes at home. Sadly, I didn't think the Sci-Fi run was nearly as good as the CC episodes, but it was still top-priority viewing.
    Funny - I was introduced to the show via the Sci-Fi era and it took a long time for me to appreciate the CC episodes. Love the CC shows, of course, but the writing and performances were the tightest in the last three seasons, IMO.

Like the PE donations...I contributed but didn't feel compelled to post about it.

I supported the last Rifftrax kickstarter, and supported this MST3K revival. Happy to see both successful.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Funny - I was introduced to the show via the Sci-Fi era and it took a long time for me to appreciate the CC episodes. Love the CC shows, of course, but the writing and performances were the tightest in the last three seasons, IMO.
    I preferred Joel to Mike, but what I really missed in the Sci-Fi episodes was Trace. He's the definitive Crow for me, and Dr. Forrester was by far the show's best villain. I never really warmed up to Mary Jo's character in the Sci-Fi episodes, and Bobo and Brain Guy didn't really do it for me either.

The movie riffing still made the show worth watching though. I still occasionally quote the one Sci-Fi episode where the main character came out of a building at night and looked quizzically at the sky, prompting Servo (I think) to say "Duhhh...where did day ball go?"
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

I couldn't contribute as I need all the money I make this month to give me a semblance of freedom. It's the only time of year I can make this kind of money and in three weeks I'm halfway to my goal.

Yep, I suck.