Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Green Suffers Heart Attack -- Now Stable, in Recovery

Get well soon!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I'm so glad he's recovered before we had time to worry about him.

I had the intimidating experience of trying to play Gary's perfectly executed guitar parts in a Gentle Giant cover band... with him sitting in the front row. I was plenty nervous, but talking to him before the show put me at ease because he's such a nice guy. He came to the second show (my last before the band imploded; long unpleasant story) at Prog in the Park too. You just can't know him and not love him!

Another post from Jerry MC -

I spoke to Gaz early this morning and he sounds great and is anxious to get home.

He feels so good, in fact, that he is finding it a bit hard to believe that he had a heart attack and feels he could resume his normal activities right now [of course, it might be a different story when he actually tries to DO that, but that state of mind is most encouraging! :-) ].

Judy is picking him up today and he should be home by nightfall. Gary is most appreciative of all the well wishes he has received thus far and he plans on sending a note to the lists once he is reunited with his computer!

Please keep him in your thoughts. Thanks, all!

Glad to hear the prognosis is good, positive vibes to Gary for a full and swift recovery. I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him at NEARFest 2012, and he spent a good chunk of time talking with me about GG, guitars and music in general. I was so touched that he spent so much time with me, and he was talking to me like I was an old friend - such a nice guy.

I hope that he hears that so many, including ME, love and appreciate his work and wish him a quick and full recovery!!!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I'm so glad he's recovered before we had time to worry about him.

I had the intimidating experience of trying to play Gary's perfectly executed guitar parts in a Gentle Giant cover band... with him sitting in the front row. I was plenty nervous, but talking to him before the show put me at ease because he's such a nice guy. He came to the second show (my last before the band imploded; long unpleasant story) at Prog in the Park too. You just can't know him and not love him!
    Met both of you there. Great times. Get better, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by eporter66 View Post
    Glad to hear the prognosis is good, positive vibes to Gary for a full and swift recovery. I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him at NEARFest 2012, and he spent a good chunk of time talking with me about GG, guitars and music in general. I was so touched that he spent so much time with me, and he was talking to me like I was an old friend - such a nice guy.
    Best wishes to Gary Green; hope that he gets (and stays) well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Yeah... a friend who was in an accident recently had a med flight. $34,000 for a 20 minute ride.
    Darn. $34K out of pocket? With or without insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    Darn. $34K out of pocket? With or without insurance?
    Without. But the local hospital made the 'mistake' of ordering the ride when he didn't really need it according to the hospital he was flown to so he's contesting the bill.

Here's to Gary and his full recovery! I hope he's back in the saddle soon and can resume his TF duties!

Shame on me for not commenting sooner...

Very, very glad to hear that he is apparently recovering well. I hope he's back to 100% soon and can carry on doing what he likes.

https://threefriendsmusic.wordpress....-in-april2016/

All Three Friends show booked for April 2016 have been postponed till further notice.

I am informed by our agent that all the tickets sold for these shows will be reimbursed and everyone who has bought tickets should please refer to where they bought the tickets from to get their money back.

Why ?……….

Gary Green has been recovering well from his recent heart attack and had been receiving help in a Cardiac rehab program .

However Gary had another scare some days ago and had to return to hospital, fortunately he was released that same day.

As a result of this Gary has decided a European tour with Three Friends next April will be too soon for him.

Therefore it is with much regret I must announce that all the Three Friends shows are postponed till further notice.

again….. I am informed by our agent that all the tickets sold for these shows will be reimbursed and everyone who has bought tickets should please refer to where they bought the tickets from to get their money back.

Thank you all for the many good wishes for Gary’s recovery and for the support of Three Friends.

Anyone know how Gary is doing currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Anyone know how Gary is doing currently?
    No, but every time this thread pops back up, I have a small heart attack at that title.

I somehow missed this. Kind of scary news. Glad to hear he's doing better. I've met him a few times. He's a cool kat.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    No, but every time this thread pops back up, I have a small heart attack at that title.
    Yup- me too. As I never had a chance to see GG (being a baby when they were active), I sure would love to see Three Friends. Of course, that's selfish compared to wishing him well for the sake of his friends, family and his own self, which of course I do!
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think he must be doing ok, because Pierre, the guy who sang with Three Friends on CTTE 2015, postmen Facebook just the other day saying he'd love to return for CTTE 2017 WITH Gary. I don't think he would have said that if Gary wasn't doing reasonably well.

my friend works in a cath lab and as long as he didn't die---there are amazing things they can do to keep him going.

Wishing nothing but the best for Gary, such a nice guy and great guitarist. Hopefully not too long before he's rockin again.

Somehow missed this as well.........glad to hear it has turned out more or less well. Hope he'll be back to playing with TF very soon. Saw them at Nearfest 2012 and met and talked briefly with Gary, seemed like a very nice, personable guy.