Thread: Steven Wilson remix of Yes "Fragile" now in stock

Steven Wilson remix of Yes "Fragile" now in stock

Just arrived in stock are the two versions of Steven Wilson's remix of Yes "Fragile".

Blu-ray/CD version:
    https://www.lasercd.com/dvd/fragile-cdblu-ray-remix

DVD/CD version:
    https://www.lasercd.com/cd/fragile-cddvd-remix

I'm waiting for some reviews. This is not my favorite yes album. Sometimes though when I finally make up my mind to buy something it's out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ba-BAM. Ordered.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Ka-ching!

Grabbed an Octopus, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Ka-ching!

Grabbed an Octopus, too.
    You gotta be careful that octopus doesn't grab you also.

I HAVE NO MENU CONTROL OVER THE BLU-RAY WHATSOEVER!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! I can only listen to the album in Dolby Pro Logic II the rest of the features are not functioning. I am so pissed off right now. I am going to spin the GG-Octopus Blu-Ray in a bit to see if that is going to screw up also. Anyone else experiencing this problem on the blu-ray?

From Amazon.com: 1 commentWas this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsPossibly bad first batch of disks
    ByChuck Binckleyon November 6, 2015
    Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
    WAIT - it's not the album I'm rating one star. The Blu-ray disk DOESN'T PLAY. Possibly bad first batch of disks? It plays an opening graphic - a very cool series of white-on-black drafts detailing the evolution of the "Fragile/Yes" cover logo - then, when it should go to the disk menu, the screen just goes black. And stays black. The disk is clean, unscratched, and looks absolutely normal, and other Blu-ray disks play perfectly in the same machine. I'm returning the disk for a replacement, and will post how that goes when I get it. I was SO looking forward to hearing this Steven Wilson surround mix, too...
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 11-09-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I'm waiting for some reviews. This is not my favorite yes album. Sometimes though when I finally make up my mind to buy something it's out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Playing the 5.1 mix of "Fragile" and it's great. Of course, there are some differences between this mix and the original mix but, I like what Steven Wilson has done with the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I HAVE NO MENU CONTROL OVER THE BLU-RAY WHATSOEVER!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! I can only listen to the album in Dolby Pro Logic II the rest of the features are not functioning. I am so pissed off right now. I am going to spin the GG-Octopus Blu-Ray in a bit to see if that is going to screw up also. Anyone else experiencing this problem on the blu-ray?

Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    WAIT - it's not the album I'm rating one star. The Blu-ray disk DOESN'T PLAY. Possibly bad first batch of disks? It plays an opening graphic - a very cool series of white-on-black drafts detailing the evolution of the "Fragile/Yes" cover logo - then, when it should go to the disk menu, the screen just goes black. And stays black. The disk is clean, unscratched, and looks absolutely normal, and other Blu-ray disks play perfectly in the same machine. I'm returning the disk for a replacement, and will post how that goes when I get it. I was SO looking forward to hearing this Steven Wilson surround mix, too...
    I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and I fortunately don't have any trouble with the Blu-Ray of Yes' "Fragile".

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
    I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and I fortunately don't have any trouble with the Blu-Ray of Yes' "Fragile".
    It appears the defect is being experienced only on Sony players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post

Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    FWIW, My older Oppo Universal player did the same with the Relayer DVD. I worked with the guy that did the DVD authoring (Neil Wilkes) and eventually he figured out what the issue was, burned me a DVD-R and it all worked.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Oppo just released new firmware this past weekend.
    Chad

I received both this and "Relayer" yesterday. A bit pricey for both but I bit the bullet. I had quick listens to portions of both albums. I like very much the remix of "Roundabout". For me it's much cleaner. The new song that ended up on Tales is interesting but more like a fragment than a complete song, but interesting. On "Relayer" I listened to "Sound Chaser". That song is so brilliant. I can't think of any song like it. In fact the entire "Relayer" album goes into territories that Yes would never approach again. I've searched for music like that ever since and have never found anything that even comes close to something that original and truly out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Oppo just released new firmware this past weekend.
    Unfortunately Chad, I have an older player. 980H

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just curious - with the players that have a problem with these disks, is the problem with the players, or the disks? Who's fault is it?

Have to also say Fragile isn't my favorite Yes album, either. Sure it has some good tracks, but some of it is so overplayed (I blame classic rock radio, not Yes), and the tracks written by each individual band member really just aren't very good, IMO. They do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbytheriver View Post
    I received both this and "Relayer" yesterday. A bit pricey for both but I bit the bullet. I had quick listens to portions of both albums. I like very much the remix of "Roundabout". For me it's much cleaner. The new song that ended up on Tales is interesting but more like a fragment than a complete song, but interesting. On "Relayer" I listened to "Sound Chaser". That song is so brilliant. I can't think of any song like it. In fact the entire "Relayer" album goes into territories that Yes would never approach again. I've searched for music like that ever since and have never found anything that even comes close to something that original and truly out of this world.
    agree there is nothing like it---but they kicked Moraz out and his energy was responsible for Relayer . Sound Chaser etc.---it matters who is in Yes if you want great original music.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just curious - with the players that have a problem with these disks, is the problem with the players, or the disks? Who's fault is it?

Have to also say Fragile isn't my favorite Yes album, either. Sure it has some good tracks, but some of it is so overplayed (I blame classic rock radio, not Yes), and the tracks written by each individual band member really just aren't very good, IMO. They do more harm than good.
    For me Fragile was like --here we now have 5 equally amazing players in Yes------here's what each of them sounds like individually--the solo pieces ----and here's what we sound like when we blend those styles---some amazing classic songs---so for me it's an amazingly important experiment that gave us the greatest prog masterpiece--Close to the Edge.

The bluray problem seems to be with Sony machines and is being discussed here:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...th-oct.453838/

Sony is aware of the problem and is supposedly working on a software fix.

Already ordered and received (thanks for the very quick shipping). Plays fine on my Samsung machine.

Not so much fault, but incompatibility between DVD authoring/mastering and firmware in the players. In my Relayer case it had to do with PTP vs OTP mode, the former that my player (980H) has an issue with.

"It would appear that your player firmware is having trouble with the PTP mastering method we use on this title, as the written version is OTP."

BTW, Fragile was the first album I ever had as my own.

The vendors. Always the vendors.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I have Relayer and Close To The Edge on Blu-Ray with no problems so it's hard for me to understand why Fragile doesn't work. I have considered buying the cd/dvd but before I do, I'd like to ask what are the pros/cons between the 2?

Sony hasn't done shit about the glitch to this very day. I went ahead and ordered the DVD/CD from Amazon. Got tired of waiting. Fuck Sony.