Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD : After Crying : Megalazottak Es Megszomoritottak

^^really??? If singing in Hungarian without the drab accented vocals singing horrendous English lyrics... I may just bite

I think Creatura is a solid album. I do like it better than some other AC albums. M & M it ain't, however.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I think Creatura is a solid album. I do like it better than some other AC albums. M & M it ain't, however.
    Light years better than AC show (which stinks). I'd say solid too for Creatura, like a later day PFM release, but not something I reach for on more than a few ocassions.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Light years better than AC show (which stinks).
    I actually quite dig some of the purely orchestral stuff on this, like a post-modernist take on Banco's Di Terra-formula - although admittedly nowhere near as interesting overall. What truly ruins Show is the patchwork of the whole deal, with some seriously uninspired attempts at "songs" with lyrics and vox beyond ridicule, and that mechanical production value to boot.

I might check out the latest one, though.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Show[/I] is the patchwork of the whole deal, with some seriously uninspired attempts at "songs" with lyrics and vox beyond ridicule, and that mechanical production value to boot.

I might check out the latest one, though.
    That is exactly what turned me off AC Show. Can't get past it. The new one is worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I checked on Ebay and they have one CD - Struggle for Life - it's excellent. It's only 8 bucks.
    So Greg, thanks for this. Although I was not really looking for this, after reading the Dr Progresso review, and at only 8 bucks, I decided to bid on it and ended up being the only bidder.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Prog Mutation View Post
    So Greg, thanks for this. Although I was not really looking for this, after reading the Dr Progresso review, and at only 8 bucks, I decided to bid on it and ended up being the only bidder.

Tom
    Tom, I missed this post. You're totally welcome.