Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marillion- North American tour 2016

Marillion- North American tour 2016

Here's Lucy's announcement from earlier today. Early goings right now, but I'll post any and all info whenever she updates it. I thought some of you might like to know that there is in fact going to be a 2016 N.A. tour! I'll be hitting the Toronto gig, and if my wife gets her way we'll also do the Montreal show.

Just to give you an update as I know you are all wondering. The places we are working with are listed below. As you will see, it's been hard to get proper interest from promoters outside of the 'normal' places that we play. So we are going to do this tour and hopefully it will be such a success in October 2016 that we can come straight back in Summer 2017 and get more interest in other cities! I know some of you will be disappointed that we won't be coming to your town - but hopefully with a years notice, you can book a road trip Come and have some fun with us. Dates and venues should be confirmed within the next two weeks.

In order....

Los Angeles
    San Francisco (two nights)
    Milwaukee
    Chicago (two nights)
    Toronto
    Montreal
    Quebec City
    Boston
    Philadelphia
    Washington DC
    New York
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Wish they would come back to Grand Rapids MI which was at one time one of their biggest fan bases in the U.S., but looks like it ain't happening. Hopefully I can make one of the Chicago shows.

I'll definitely have to see them this time. They are one of the few bands I really want to see but haven't.

Looks like a Los Angeles > San Francisco run is in the cards. Can't wait to see them again, the second night at the West Hollywood House of Blues was a great show:

Splintering Heart
    Cover My Eyes (Pain And Heaven)
    Slainte Mhath
    The Other Half
    Afraid Of Sunlight
    Cannibal Surf Babe
    Lucky Man
    Estonia
    The Great Escape
    Between You And Me
    Neverland
    This Strange Engine
    Kayleigh (ZZZZZZZZ)
    Easter
    Three Minute Boy

I was born in nineteen sixty weird........
    ...or you could love

^You might want to consider posting "spoiler alert" before listing the songs like that.

Actually, I hear Steve Rothery's solo band is doing some shows in Europe where they're playing Misplaced Childhood in it's entirety. Now, THAT I'd like to see come Stateside, though it's unlikely it'll ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    ^You might want to consider posting "spoiler alert" before listing the songs like that.
    That's a setlist from almost 4 years ago. Not sure that is considered a spoiler. (unless you're joking and I didn't catch on!)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Philadelphia
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Is that Patton Oswalt as a child??

Marillion plays Montreal every year. I always say I'll consider seeing them then proceed to forget about it until after the show. I'll probably do the same in 2016.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Milwaukee? Two Chicago shows? Heck to the yeah! Another bucket list item to check off.
    flute juice

So it's sort of like 2012 in reverse (so far). I'll just be happy to have another stop here in town, although I'd suggest they should really plan two nights in Philly in case of rig issues. Purely for their sake, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I'll definitely have to see them this time. They are one of the few bands I really want to see but haven't.
    According to Lucy's Facebook posts the plan is the above announced US tour in the fall of next year, and then another US swing the following summer hitting more cities. As usual finding promoters who know who Marillion is seems to be the problem. Sounds like they are hoping to gain some momentum in the fall to raise the profile for more gigs the next summer.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    As I said in my reply to her post, I'll probably do Philly, DC, NYC, and try to enlist the family for the Philly and DC portion - make it a bit of a road trip. Of course, irritating things like my kids' school will get in the way, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    That's a setlist from almost 4 years ago. Not sure that is considered a spoiler. (unless you're joking and I didn't catch on!)
    Sorry, I didn't realize that.

Scott, do you think they will play at the TLA, the Keswick or some place else?

Well, they played the TLA the last two times they played in Philly, but I'm really hoping that they play the Keswick.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yeah, me too. I can't imagine them not filling up at least half of the Keswick or close to it. I mean especially if the Hooters can sell out two shows there which I don't get other than the fact they are from Philly and Philly is suppose to be this big prog town(and no I'm not trying to imply the Hooters are prog ). I don't particularly like standing for an entire show so I hope they do play at the Keswick.

The Hooters sell-out anytime they play in the area. Fantastic live band.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Well, they played the TLA the last two times they played in Philly, but I'm really hoping that they play the Keswick.
    I know the numbers are probably impossible, but I'd kill to see them at the Mann in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I know the numbers are probably impossible, but I'd kill to see them at the Mann in summer.
    That would be a great place to see them, but no promoter would do that, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    no promoter would do that, unfortunately.
    True (it was obvious as soon as I remembered the size of the place), but a man can dream.

I wonder if they've heard of the Perelman Theater inside the Kimmel. Finances might be tricky for something in the heart of the city, but it's another space with a great vibe that could offer both standing room and seating.

http://kimmelcenter.org/facilities/rent-perelman.php

(Photo #3 on that page is the setup I'm talking about.)

THAT would be cool!

There's the new Fillmore venue in Fishtown that's been drawing a lot of attention lately, so hopefully they'll play there.

I'm pretty sure the TLA is the crappiest small venue in Philly. I'd even them rather play at the Troc.

Good point, Mike. That Fillmore is getting a lot of shows.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've only seen one show in Philly, and it was at the TLA (Fish -Sunsets...). Seemed like a good venue, for a standing only one, in that the floor had a good grade to it, so everyone could see well. A bit crappy aside from that. Also, that street was kind of insane at night. Amusing but insane.