Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Marillion- North American tour 2016

^ Lame.

Ember
    Right. Because I really need to hear that amplifier buzz that plagued the entire Keswick show, and actually got worse as the night went on, in pristine uncompressed audio.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Right. Because I really need to hear that amplifier buzz that plagued the entire Keswick show, and actually got worse as the night went on, in pristine uncompressed audio.
    Um no, because I want to hear the cymbals and other higher frequencies (which are often the most affected with lossy compression) sans digital mp3 artifacts.

I'll still be buying, but they're behind the times on this one.

You can hear the buzz in Easter, not sure where you were sitting saying it plagued the entire evening, I did not experience that, and haven't noticed it in my download. Maybe my tinnitus keeps me from hearing it.

Well, it ain't all about you, dude.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Well, it ain't all about you, dude.
    Backatcha, Sparky.

Backatcha, Sparky.
    Yeah, except I already don't think it's all about me.

I want my Marillion in Ogg Vorbis format.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I want my Marillion in Ogg Vorbis format.
    Isn't that the bad guy in the new Star Wars Rogue movie?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Isn't that the bad guy in the new Star Wars Rogue movie?

Not amused by your shenanigans
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The North American T-shirts arrived yesterday, and they're a far sight better than the one 3X shirt they had at the venue. They also included a free tour bumper sticker, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Was Andy a Sigma Chi?
    No... he wasn't. Long shot.

Tonight at the Keswick:

The band was tight and perfect. The background projections looked great, were very appropriate, and adding a lot to the show.

h was dynamic, theatrical, personable, friendly, and in fine voice.

The sound was crystal clear, best I've heard at the Keswick in some time (aside from a persistent buzz coming from somebody's amp, possibly Pete's).

The setlist was similar to that posted above for Toronto. I didn't keep precise track. Few bands that have been around this long can get away with doing mostly material from their last three releases, including over 30 minutes of brand-new stuff, and have the audience love it. The FEAR material really came alive.

The audience was enthusiastic and knowledgeable without being stupid or rowdy, although h had to rein us in a couple of times. The room seemed full, but I don't know if it was a sellout, and in the 24 hours before showtime Stubhub prices seemed to be slipping. I saw several isolated seat pairs in the general vicinity of our seats and in front of us (we were in Row EE in the center section, right aisle). I suspect some tickets were purchased on spec and then remained un-resold.

Security people were being aggressive patrolling the aisles and stopping people from recording. h asked them to stop, sit down, and relax. "These are good people."

John Wesley was a complete waste of time. His music was revealed as derivative, innocuous, and rather boring. He himself had little stage presence or entertainment value. He would have done much better playing acoustic, jettisoning the pre-recorded backing, and maybe telling a few jokes and stories. He may be a capable musician, but he has no act. And he was too loud.

It was a great show. My companion, a young woman in her 30s who was largely unfamiliar with the band aside from the tracks and DVD I provided her a couple weeks ago, was mightily impressed, and was amazed that Marillion is so little known outside their circle of hard-core fans.

Marillion is giving us proof, if any were needed, that they are a vital, current band that does not need to lean on any of their legacy work to move and elevate an audience.
    That was great!

Can't stop listening to the recording of this show. Even better was being there and seeing it. Cried many more times than seeing the Rush doc, but that's Marillion for you.

New songs were even better than I thought the would be live. Just amazing!

Would have liked This Strange Engine and Afraid of Sunlight too, but they were not missed. They were on fire with that set. I thought I would have had to suffer through a buzzkill Brave song, but that didn't happen either. Hell, I didn't even mind Hogarth doing a Fish song, but if I'm honest I think I just ignored it and got lost in the song.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I guess all they did from Brave in NYC (and maybe anywhere on this tour) was Mad. Do you think that would have been a "buzzkill?" Fine if Yes, just wondering. It's a pretty high-energy number, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I guess all they did from Brave in NYC (and maybe anywhere on this tour) was Mad. Do you think that would have been a "buzzkill?" Fine if Yes, just wondering. It's a pretty high-energy number, IMO.
    Just not a Brave fan is all.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Anyone in the US got the new Web magazine yet (with the Xmas DVD)?

I did in L.A.