Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's the best Quebecois prog?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Fiori mostly wrote about purple fairies encountering saliva trolls, allegorically heteronormative tropes on good prince/princess intimate relations as opposed to forces of rectal darkness, cosmic energies in spectral-crystal ignition, gentle mass as suspended in abstract existence and not least the inner being of self-awareness as imploded on the carnal shores of the universal astral corpus.

It was progressive.
    Sounds like a Jon Anderson copycat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I’m pretty sure most people don’t understand the lyrics, at least starting with Les 5 saisons, when Fiori started writing in heavy dialect. I’m sure that lines like “Si c’tun rêve, réveille-moé donc” (especially with the mushy way it’s sung) would make members of Le conseil international de la langue française’s heads explode.
    Kinda? I mean it probably makes Google translate explode, but phonetically it's pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Kinda? I mean it probably makes Google translate explode, but phonetically it's pretty clear.
    "Si c’tun rêve, réveille-moé donc”

Si c'est un rêve, réveille-moi donc >> pretty simple, really

(if it's a dreal, wake me up, then)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Sounds like a Jon Anderson copycat to me.
    Only a bit more down-to-Earth, you'd might say.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Is prog quebec's on-line store broken? Most pages seem broken, makes placing an order a little.. iffy

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    Is prog quebec's on-line store broken? Most pages seem broken, makes placing an order a little.. iffy
    Steve F. vendors the entire PQ roster at Wayside, here: http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-De...rogQuebec.aspx
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    I ordered late last year (say November) Langlois' latest album (which I'd forgotten to buy at release time) and everything went fine
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Website seems to be working for me... maybe something to let their webmaster know about if you have specific issues.

any fans of Néodyme from Sainte-Julie? I've got 2 of their releases. Le Guetteur (2012) and La signature du temps (2015). instrumental with jazz, symphonic and metal influences.

Effet Domino (La signature du temps)

Espace Libre (Le Guetteur)

i.ain't.dead.irock

[QUOTE=proggosaurus;523489]any fans of Néodyme from Sainte-Julie? I've got 2 of their releases. Le Guetteur (2012) and La signature du temps (2015). instrumental with jazz, symphonic and metal influences.

Effet Domino (La signature du temps)

Funny, I was just going to mention Neodyme. I'm not familiar with a lot of their music, but I like what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Funny, I was just going to mention Neodyme. I'm not familiar with a lot of their music, but I like what I've heard.
    me too. got the newest one first and then Le Guetteur. probably get another at some point.
    i.ain't.dead.irock