Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anderson/Ponty Band Tour 2015 REVIEWS

Wow. That's great news, on all fronts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Jamie Glaser on FB:
    ... First.. Anderson Ponty Band is close to having new management
    we hope, expect, and believe we will be touring May and June in the United States. We are also hoping to do some festivals in summer , which may ( hopefully include Europe and more. We have NO dates at this time.
    The rumor you may have heard about ARW... Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, and Rick Wakeman.. is entirely true. They are doing a new band, have some unique music they have and are writing, and they will be doing a reinvention of YES as well. ( meaning some YES songs their way)
    They will most likely tour in 2017 and are hoping to do so. They have worked
    to get to this point for many years and are happy this will eventually happen.
    There is NO conflict between tours or dates with the 2 bands
    and no one is replacing anyone in Anderson Ponty.
    I do not know anything more than what I just wrote. ...
    Jamie Glaser again on Facebook:

Ok, the last time I posted about the Anderson Ponty band I said too much, and I posted before our PR did ,and well I took a little heat. I responded that I would take a vacation from posting about our band
    ( I manage the facebook APB page and also post to my friend Greg Chance| who runs our fan page.) I get messages every day so I will just say this THINGS ARE GOOD! I should have dates for you all for our spring tour within a few weeks.I can NOT say more than that at this time. Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Looks like any hope for the continuation of the Anderson/Ponty collaboration is for naught. This is Jamie's latest - and final - word on the matter:

Hi all
    I just came by to thank you all for your support of APB and also for being so supportive of Jon with ARW-YES and our last "reunion" tour with Jean Luc and the Atlantic Years band.
    Many of you who were originally YES fans came out to make our Ponty tour amazing, fill the rooms with excitement , friendship and fun.

There is no more Anderson Ponty band and I have been asked not to post on the FB page of the band. I got close to many of you while I was the social media manager and spokesperson for the band here and I wanted to say thank you.

For those of you who are asking for a DVD or professionally recorded CD of our live shows, we didn't have the time, or funds to produce that ,,, I'm sorry.

Please continue to support Jean Luc and Jon as well as the guys in the band ..like ...me!!
    May you all have peace, serenity, love and all good things
    Jamie Glaser

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    It was nice to hear short term, but if Ponty is going to continue, I'd rather see him playing his own material.

This whole thing was a debacle.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The tour was excellent - both complimenting one other. I think it's funny they released their cd as something like better late then never!

Nothing can stop ARW.

In your opinion, perhaps (and related to the whole Kickstarter broo-haha I agree.) But the show I saw was delightful. One of my most enjoyable and memorable JA performances in ages. I would have enjoyed more new music, but considering I knew squat about Ponty's previous work that's essentially what I was getting. I thought this was one of Jon's better collaborations and was hoping for more, but I'm guessing he has too many other demands on his time now and JLP probably doesn't want to wait around. C'est la vie.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

a debacle indeed

throw another JonA collaborator to the wind . . .

I liked the live show much better than ARW for sure

I've got a signed picture disc from the Kickstarter on eBay for $35 with no bids. Better Late than Ever
    2trevorsforlife

Personally, I wish that APB had continued rather than Jon forming ARW. Those were some great shows. I love both artists, and each supplied something that the other is lacking. Can't blame Jon for going with the big $$$ and return to "Yes" though.

I didn't see the show, but the album was a big pile of "meh." The fact that they couldn't put together a live release is a missed opportunity and a failure, IMO.

I didn't see the show, but the album was a big pile of "meh." The fact that they couldn't put together a live release is a missed opportunity and a failure, IMO.
    Wasn't the album Better Late Than Never mostly recorded live (granted, doctored up the wazoo, but still...)? And there was the live DVD that went with it, but neither captured the magic of the subsequent live shows. Sorry you missed it (there are decent videos on YT for anyone who is curious.)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

very much enjoyed the show and glad I did not buy into the kickstarter. grabbed the vinyl picture disc for under 20 at retail and found the cd/dvd used for a very fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    very much enjoyed the show and glad I did not buy into the kickstarter. grabbed the vinyl picture disc for under 20 at retail and found the cd/dvd used for a very fair price.

I will sell you my "premium APB Kickstarter" signed (scribbled) color xerox for $50 post paid to complete your collection!!

seriously . . . a waste of money. I'll never support Jon directly again. fuck that guy
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Wasn't the album Better Late Than Never mostly recorded live (granted, doctored up the wazoo, but still...)? And there was the live DVD that went with it, but neither captured the magic of the subsequent live shows.
    They didn't capture the guitar player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    They didn't capture the guitar player.
    Well, they did, but "if you love something, set it free."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Well, they did, but "if you love something, set it free."
    They apparently didn't love something. But they did give him the boot.

Really kicking myself for missing these guys. Oh well. On to the bootlegs.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Newly posted on Jon's official YouTube channel - from the APB tour:

I finally bought the album cheap. Good performance but mostly just reworked material.

If they would have got together in say 1980-1985, I am sure it would have been worth it.
    Otherwise meh.