Thread: R.I.P. Maureen O'Hara

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

R.I.P. Maureen O'Hara

Geezers like me will remember this beautiful lady of the silver screen. Actress Maureen O'Hara died Saturday at her home in Idaho at age 95.

Actor Maureen O’Hara dies aged 95
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Beautiful woman, and a wonderful actress. R.I.P.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Damn right! She was indeed beautiful, and her work in "The Quiet Man" almost made an actor out of John Wayne.

RIP to a classy lady.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Strange! Last night I was reading her Wiki page and was surprised at the fact that she was still living.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Damn right! She was indeed beautiful, and her work in "The Quiet Man" almost made an actor out of John Wayne.

RIP to a classy lady.
    That is my favorite John Wayne movie. She was fantastic in it.

Just watched her last night in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," with Charles Laughton at his best. Man, she was beautiful!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I never would have thought she was still alive either. What was the cause of death?

I know... not very reverent of me.

I believe her cause of death was being 95 years old. Nothing much more to say about that.

On another note, The Quiet Man is one of my favorite movies. Great chemistry between O'Hara and John Wayne, and some great supporting roles by Victor Mclaglen and Barry Fitzgerald.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Some great drumming on that first Velvet's album as well.

When did O'Hara & Tucker start getting spelled the same?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

RIP to a great actress and one of the great beauties of Hollywood. Ever watch Disney's The Parent Trap as an adult? She is so stunning, charismatic, and just generating so much heat you wonder why Brian Keith's character even considers for a second staying with the blonde bimbo.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When did O'Hara & Tucker start getting spelled the same?
    You can't fool me. Maureen O'Hara, Sterling Hayden, John Ford and Lou Costello. Produced by Andy Devine.

Wow, wouldn't have imagined she was still alive! She was a looker, that's for sure. RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    I believe her cause of death was being 95 years old. Nothing much more to say about that.

On another note, The Quiet Man is one of my favorite movies. Great chemistry between O'Hara and John Wayne, and some great supporting roles by Victor Mclaglen and Barry Fitzgerald.

"My sister, the widow............."

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    "My sister, the widow............."
    "Homeric!"
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    "Homeric!"
    "If it were, Red Will Danaher, not a scorched stone 'o your fine house'd be standin'."
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

My favorite Maureen O'Hara movie is How Green Was My Valley. She gave a very poignant performance in that one. I also loved her in Hunchback.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

TCM's schedule for an entire day of Maureen's films

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-...ara-1920-2015-
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Cool! Best channel there is, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    TCM's schedule for an entire day of Maureen's films

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-...ara-1920-2015-
    Good stuff! Thanks, Jerol!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally