Thread: The Oh Hellos (modern indie-folk from Texas)

The Oh Hellos (modern indie-folk from Texas)

Just discovered this band as I came across this feature on them on the Bandcamp website:

http://blog.bandcamp.com/2015/10/16/pulling-punches/

Beautiful indie-folk music that reminds me a little of The Decemberists. Just curious to know if there are any fans of these guys here. I will be picking up their 2 full-length releases (a 2-album concept no less!) once I get home tonight. There is something very honest and uplifting in their sound that resonates with me, just upon hearing a few samples.

EDIT: That blog has a short video has may sound a little more bombastic than what I sampled on their band page. I suggest you don't judge the band just on that brief live excerpt.
    Last edited by Yves; 10-23-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Nobody but me eh? Oh well... Their newest record "Dear Wormwood" is a very beautiful suite of songs... Maybe they' ll get Jon Anderson to sing vocals and make an appearance on Cruise To The Edge and get everybody all excited...

Folk leanings end up ruining music for me. They sound really solid and like you said - they have an uplifting quality going on. Quality stuff. Not my bag though.

Well, you gave them a shot. I'm not saying they're next greatest thing but they have nice compositions, great arrangements, and sound head and shoulders above a lot of today's pop, while still sounding accessible enough to actually make a name for themselves with the music public at large.

Indeed. I totally appreciate what they're doing - and doing what they want. Wish them success. Too bad I just cant get past my own annoying pickiness. haha

I'm just spinning the Dear Wormwood record for the 3rd time today. It's really a solid album that should find an audience on PE. The debut is very good also, but the maturity in the song writing from that one to this one is remarkable.