Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiacs - "The Seaside" Original Edition!

Cardiacs - "The Seaside" Original Edition!

Wow, just read about this on the Cardiacs board on Facebook. Contains "cd, dbl 180g vinyl, mp3/flac. The box set will include the vinyl mp3/flac with the addition of a replica of the original cassette plus many other beautiful items" (as per Micheal Chapman) and will be remastered!

seaside origina edition cardiacs.jpg

Great album, might have to look into this!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Damn, son.

I've got the original vinyl and the original 12" 45 Seaside Treats......but, this is the greatest band ever.....and I am a Cardiacs completist, so.....

Super hyped for this!
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Wow, just read about this oeyen the Cardiacs board on Facebook. Contains "cd, dbl 180g vinyl, mp3/flac. The box set will include the vinyl mp3/flac with the addition of a replica of the original cassette plus many other beautiful items" (as per Micheal Chapman) and will be remastered!

Which Cardiacs fb page, there are several.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Which Cardiacs fb page, there are several.
    Why not try the link in the quote above your post! ;-)

chalkpie
    I'm hoping for a CD release minus all of the other goodies for us cheap bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Wow, just read about this on the Cardiacs board on Facebook. Contains "cd, dbl 180g vinyl, mp3/flac. The box set will include the vinyl mp3/flac with the addition of a replica of the original cassette plus many other beautiful items" (as per Micheal Chapman) and will be remastered!

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    Really Sherlock? Of course I tried it. It doesnt work for me.Hence my question.

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    You can lead (Roger) the Horse to the pond ...

chalkpie
    ^ Oh very nice - so it looks like it will be available on CD and/or LP separately, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    ^ Oh very nice - so it looks like it will be available on CD and/or LP separately, yeah?
    Yeah!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like this is a remastered deluxe edition of their album The Seaside. I think the "Original Edition" is throwing me...

Regardless, my interest is piqued.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like this is a remastered deluxe edition of their album The Seaside. I think the "Original Edition" is throwing me...

Regardless, my interest is piqued.
    It's the "Original Edition" because the currently in-print version is missing a bunch of songs from the original track list.

That boxed set sounds super amazing, but unless I'm missing something it only comes with the Vinyl and Cassette copy of the album? Seems like the download card is only for the bonus tracks, from the way they worded it. Unfortunate, 'cause I'd like to be able to actually, y'know, listen to the album. I'll be grabbing the CD as soon as I can, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoinks View Post
    It's the "Original Edition" because the currently in-print version is missing a bunch of songs from the original track list.

That boxed set sounds super amazing, but unless I'm missing something it only comes with the Vinyl and Cassette copy of the album? Seems like the download card is only for the bonus tracks, from the way they worded it. Unfortunate, 'cause I'd like to be able to actually, y'know, listen to the album. I'll be grabbing the CD as soon as I can, though.
    Ah, I get it now! Very nice. Thank you.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

The current CD version you mean? What about the original vinyl version?

Ordered!

Managed to delete a post..

So...

There was no original vinyl edition of The Seaside, as such, until now.

The vinyl, CD and tape that were released in 1990 were reissues of the original cassette, and left off four tracks, supposedly because the masters were missing or damaged.

There was another CD reissue in 1995, apparently, along with the other Cardiacs titles reissued that year. This had the same tracklist as the 1990 reissues but now it seems that three songs on this were different versions to the ones on previous issues?! This is new information to me.

It's also been unavailable from the Cardiacs shop for a little while. I'd guess the last copies were from 1995 so it's actually been OOP for some time.

So now we come to the Original Edition which restores the full track list for the first time since the original cassette versions from 1983/84!

Simple, right?

OK, SO THIS IS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
    (I had this informations from those who-know-the-truth )

"The Download codes are the whole album plus the 3 'alternate bits' "

Also, "the very end of Gina is completely different and the intros of the other two are longer on the original cassette - not a major thing but good to have the 'alternate versions' too as then there's no reason to have the previous re-issue - you have everything, in super-duper sound quality" and "note also that the '95 CD is the same as the first '90 CD + vinyl reissue in these respects - it's just the original cassette that was different. also (and I never noticed this before either!) the previous reissues are noticeably sharp in pitch..."

Hope this clarifies and WILL MAKE YOU BUY THE BOXSET like I did

Thanks, Sterbus.

Hey, is that someone else singing on Dinner Time (the first voice, centred before Tim joins in more in the left channel), or Tim doing two voices?

https://www.soundcloud.com/mary-abc/...cs-dinner-time

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post

Hope this clarifies and WILL MAKE YOU BUY THE BOXSET like I did
    Dipende quando costa....as I've owned the originals for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Dipende quando costa....as I've owned the originals for years.
    Knowing the band only since 2006, I only have the 1995 reissue on cd, never had the cassette... I bought the cd to listen in the car and at home and the boxset for all the stuff that's inside and hopefully I will have soon a vynil player at home. (Also, this has been a pre-christmas gift from my girlfriend.... ).

For the people like Gazoinks who rightfully want to listen to the digital files and keep the vynil and stuff "sealed" I think it's good.... price is 80 pounds.