Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Cooper Reunites Original Lineup For No More Mr. Nice Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    How much of the guitar playing from Love it to Death through Billion Dollar Babies was actually Bruce and Buxton? Those albums had great guitar tone. I suspect Buxton was pretty much absent by Billion Dollar Babies.
    Good question. I know Rick Derringer plays the lead on "Under My Wheels."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter handled most of the guitar parts on Billion Dollar Babies.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I played that Yamaha SG Mike is playing there. I'm sort of amazed he still has it. He spent the summer at a hotel I worked at in Phoenix back around '94 or so when his Mom got sick of him parking his Winnebago in her driveway. Traded him my Les for a day... I remember sitting at the front desk playing that Yamaha.

He was a really cool dude. Very nice to me. I am sure most of the hotel staff thought he was just a burnt out old meth head, but I knew of his illustrious past- they didn't have a clue. It was great to have him show me how to play stuff like Mr Nice Guy and Billion Dollar Babies. A cool memory.
    Last edited by Sean; 10-26-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Great story. Michael Bruce was a great songwriter!

Just saw super duper alice cooper last night, rather disappointing documentary. Gave no notice of Bruce or Buxton in the final updates at the end of the film. I wanted more in depth about the alice cooper band than it gave. It was amazing the recount of them walking into Gordons hotel room and through all the pot smoke there sat Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison all getting high! Crazy...Reading Dunaways bio now, stay tuned for review...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    This is the original line up group of Alice Cooper, ha! Awesome! I can say that I love Alice Cooper's early albums, killer, School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome to my nightmare, thereafter I got lost somehow and stopped listening to his new albums.
    Coppers later / more recent stuff is hit and miss, but some of the albums are great. "The Last Temptation" from 1994 and "Brutal Planet" from 2000 rank right up with the best stuff he has ever done to my ears. I thought "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" (his most recent) was a really good one too for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Just saw super duper alice cooper last night, rather disappointing documentary. Gave no notice of Bruce or Buxton in the final updates at the end of the film. I wanted more in depth about the alice cooper band than it gave. It was amazing the recount of them walking into Gordons hotel room and through all the pot smoke there sat Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison all getting high! Crazy...Reading Dunaways bio now, stay tuned for review...
    I was kind of disappointed with it as well. I am a huge Cooper fan, as well of a fan of everything Banger Films has done, so I really thought this was going to be a killer documentary, but it did not really live up to my expectations. Of all the Banger Films I have seen this one is probably my least favorite. I mean, it is not terrible, and it is worth watching, but I did not think it was as good as I had expected it to be.